There are exactly ten days until Christmas and the window to find the perfect gift for those in your life is quickly closing. Although I'm enchanted by holiday releases as much as the next person, I tend to ultimately enjoy choosing (and receiving) presents that have a timeless utility and appeal...that is, I adore products that feel modern, fresh and useful all year long!
That being said, here are some gift ideas from Nordstrom--both for you and those for whom you shop--in the skincare, beauty and style realms that work now but will be loved and enjoyed well past the 25th.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and style as well as the Bottom Line...
// SKINCARE, FRAGRANCE + TOOLS // Luxurious formulas that seamlessly blend into any existing routine.
- *SK-II LE Facial Treatment Essence (reviewed HERE): The key to smooth and bright skin, the Facial Treatment Essence--currently available in a lovely limited-edition bottle--is a cult favorite for a reason.
- Mila Moursi Dual Action Serum (reviewed HERE): An anti-aging wonder, I am on my fourth bottle of this wondrous serum. Try it...you won't regret it.
- *Chanel La Solution 10 de Chanel (reviewed HERE): Apropos for the most sensitive of skin, this formula--which boasts only 10 ingredients--effectively hydrates and perfects while still being exceptionally gentle.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté LE La Creme (reviewed HERE): One of the most luxurious creams on the market, this formula--which fights signs of aging while bathing skin a rich wash of moisture--currently comes in a limited-edition jar that refracts light like a pulchritudinous prism.
- *Sisley-Paris Double Tenseur (reviewed HERE): Lifting, tightening and freshening the skin with every application, this primer works well before foundation but can also be applied as a mid-day revitalizer.
- *Lancer Dani Glowing Skin Perfector: I am wildly impressed with this luminous skin serum; brimming with skincare benefits, it also creates a soft and forgiving glow below or atop makeup.
- *Aerin Tangier Vanille (reviewed HERE): Warm and alluring, this intoxicating take on a skin scent is a perfect candidate for a signature scent.
- Mason Pearson Pocket Brush (reviewed HERE): Mason Pearson brushes are well worth the investment; the bristles detangle while encouraging shinier, healthier hair and the pocket size version is a brilliant handbag's companion.
- *Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Brush: This dual-sided brush features two options--one fluffy and the other more precise--for applying cheek color. Genius!
|A swatch of the Lancer Dani in direct sunlight.|
// FOUNDATION // Three base options for every type of "skin day" (good, bad or otherwise) imaginable.
- *HOURGLASS Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick (all 25 shades swatched + extensively reviewed HERE): This foundation stick has immense versatility; packed with pigment, it can be applied sheerly for a barely-there skin perfecting outcome or built to full coverage while still looking insanely natural on the skin. Long wearing and waterproof, it belongs in your makeup bag! Lately, I've been experimenting with using three shades to create a balanced face; Beige is an excellent foundation match for my winter skin and then I blend the warm deep down Almond in my cheek bones and perimeters of my face as a contouring tone. I finish with a touch of the pale, slightly warm Bisque shade on the high points of my face for a shimmer-free yet illuminating effect. The trio are effortlessly blendable and the final result is a must for minimalist beauty lovers who treasure a flaw-free canvas.
What it is: A revolutionary foundation stick with the coverage of a concealer, the fluidity of a liquid and the weightlessness of a powder in a long-wearing waterproof formula.
Who it's for: Anyone who wants undetectable full coverage and a seamless, satin finish.
What it does: Its unprecedented concentration of pigment provides maximum coverage with minimum product, concealing all discoloration and imperfections for virtually perfect skin. Formulated to stay put for 12 hours, this innovative foundation adjusts to your body temperature so that it seamlessly blends into your skin. It comes in a unique triangular bullet for precision application along the contours of the face.
How to use: This versatile foundation stick can be used in a multitude of ways, from sheer to full coverage, to contour and highlight and to conceal imperfections.
- For full-coverage: Prep your skin with a primer. Dot three triangular dots in the center of both sides of your face—three dots on the chin, three dots on the tops of the cheekbones and three dots on the forehead. Buff with the Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Brush (sold separately) in tiny circular motions for the best coverage. To use as a concealer, dot three triangular dots under each eye and blend using a stippling and buffing motion.
- For sheer-to-medium coverage: Prep your skin with a primer. Lightly dot the foundation where needed, such as on your chin, forehead and the center of your face. Buff in with your brush using tiny circular motions. To use as a concealer, lightly dot under your eyes as needed and blend with your ring finger using a gentle tapping motion.
- To contour: Choose 1-2 shades deeper than your natural skin tone. Dot three triangular dots under your cheekbones, along the sides of the nose, at the temples of your forehead and along the jawline. Blend with your brush in a stippling and circ
- 0.25 oz.
- Not tested on animals
|Hourglass Vanish Foundation in Bisque, Almond and Beige...foundation, contour and highlighter under control|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion Brightening.|
Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion Brightening Foundation is a multifunctional, portable, lightweight cushion foundation that goes beyond long-lasting coverage while giving you a flawlessly satin, soft, matte finish. Inspired by the radiance of blossoming magnolia flowers, it's formulated with magnolia extract, a skin-brightening ingredient that reduces the appearance of discoloration and promotes more even-looking skin.
A Pearlescent Complex, created from extra-fine pearl powders, gives skin an immediately luminous look, while the brand's unique purified water with licorice extract further purifies your skin so that it appears clearer and cleaner. A unique, flexible film-fixing polymer offers a thin protective barrier for a flawless finish that lasts for up to 12 hours, while SPF 50+ protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays that cause photo-aging. Your complexion is left flawlessly clear and even with an appearance that looks brilliant immediately and over time.
How to use: Use a puff to press into the cushion firmly to pick up foundation. Then, using a stamping technique, pat the puff with foundation onto your skin evenly, starting from the middle of your face and moving outward. For more coverage, apply another layer onto the areas that need it. Use daily in the morning after your skin care regimen. Reapply throughout the day for sun protection.
- Includes full-size refill.
|#25 and #33.|
- *Tom Ford Waterproof Foundation/Concealer (all 12 shades swatched + reviewed HERE): With intense pigmentation that is customizable as a medium-full coverage foundation or a flaw-banishing concealer, this foundation--which performs at waterproof levels in heat, rain and humidity--is a must in every base-lover's arsenal. The finish is completely natural and its efficacy is indisputable; consequently, it is always in my purse.
What it is: A flawless complexion is essential to the Tom Ford Face, and this full-coverage, waterproof formula ensures perfection.
Who it's for: Anyone who wants a full-coverage foundation/concealer with a naturally radiant finish.
What it does: It conceals while remaining comfortable and breathable on your skin. It hides noticeable imperfections, ranging from darkness under the eyes to blemishes on the skin, while withstanding harsh weather conditions such as heat, humidity and water while maintaining an even complexion. It also helps minimize the appearance of tattoos.
How to use: Apply on clean, moisturized skin with your fingertips, a brush or a sponge applicator.
- 1 oz.
- Made in the USA
|Cheek products for a natural flush.|
// CHEEKS // A subtle, luminous glow and perfecting finish to flatter a spectrum of skin tones.
- *HOURGLASS Ambient Surreal Light Blush, Bronzer & Strobe Powder Palette (swatched and reviewed HERE): With five resplendent shades of illuminating powder, blush and bronzer, this palette--in a marble compact, no less--is the gift to give and get this season.
- *La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Plum Glow (reviewed HERE): A creamy plum pink with an incandescent finish, this cream blush ranks amongst my (and Beauty Professor readers') favorites time and again.
- *Burberry Beauty Festive Powder (reviewed HERE): Like radiant champagne, this embossed, LE powder is a beautiful highlighter in every respect.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Gossamer Loose Powder (reviewed HERE): Finely milled and invisible on the skin, this loose powder in a compact minimizes fine lines, blurs pores and mattifies while still imparting a tender luminosity.
|*HOURGLASS Ambient Surreal Light Blush, Bronzer & Strobe Powder Palette|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|All about eyes.|
// EYES // A wash of gold, full brows and jet black lashes.
- *Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel (all four shades swatched and reviewed HERE): A fantastic brow product with a tiny spoolie that imparts color, depth, volume and hold, I use this daily.
- *Tom Ford Cream and Powder Eye Color (reviewed HERE): Pick up Golden Peach and Bronze Moon while you still can...I given them as gifts multiple times already this year.
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Muse Eye Palette: Four golden shades with slightly rosy undertone, this palette is minimalist beauty incarnate. Give one and get one!
- *Lancome Grandiose Extreme Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats creates extreme volume, length and lift.
- *Giorgio Armani Black Ecstasy Mascara (reviewed HERE): Onyx black and slightly glossy, this formula is excellent for dramatic evening lashes.
|Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Muse.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Legendary Muse on the eyes.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Lip color to cover the entire year of 2017.|
// LIPS // Pinks, nudes and rose golds with a dash of coral for good measure.
- Christian Louboutin Lipstick in Loubeach (reviewed HERE): A muted coral orange cream, this shade has exquisite style and substance.
- Chantecaille Lip Chic Matte in Suzy (reviewed HERE): Perennially in my purse, this matte nude pink is divine.
- Chanel Le Volume Plumping Gloss: I am over the moon for this reflective clear gloss; it hydrates like crazy and also has a subtle plumping effect that is noticeable in seconds.
- Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Anderson and Snowden (reviewed HERE): Gorgeous gifts, these mini lipsticks are opulence in brown and gold packaging. The matte medium pink Anderson and luminous rose gold Snowden are gorgeous options.
- Charlotte Tilbury Kiss Me Quick: This clever, LE compact features a pigmented lip cream in a perfect peachy pink.
- Giorgio Armani Lip Magnets in Mania and Nuda (reviewed HERE): Weightless with superb color payoff, this stain-lip color-gloss hybrid is one of the most unique releases of the year. I particular love the bright baby pink Mania and lush rosy peach Nuda.
- Clarins Jolie Rouge Lip Color in Pink Petal: My mom and I love this ultra-hydrating light pink shade...it instantly brightens the face.
- Christian Louboutin Lip Liner in Nats (reviewed HERE): A quintessential nude shade with a creamy and long lasting texture and stunning packaging...I just finished mine and will be ordering another.
|Swatches in direct sunlight|
|Charlotte Tilbury Kiss Me Quick.|
The following images reflect all products in action...specifically:
- *Lancer Dani Glowing Skin Perfector as an initial glowing base.
- *Hourglass Vanish Foundation Sticks to cover, contour and highlight.
- *Hourglass Ambient Lighting Surreal Light Palette for blush, bronze and finishing.
- A mixture of Tom Ford Golden Peach + Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Muse Eye Palette on the eyes.
- *Giorgio Armani Black Ecstasy Mascara
- *Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Taupe
- Christian Louboutin Lip Liner in Nats
- Chantecaille Lip Chic Matte in Suzy
- Chanel Gloss Volume Plumping Lip Gloss
// STYLE NOTES // Staples in neutral hues that transcend the seasons.
- Topshop Lily Satin Bubble Top: Generous lines and a billowing silhouette make this blush nude blouse a dream to wear.
- Frame Denim Le High Straight High Rise Step Hem Jeans: My new favorite pair of straight leg jeans--truly--these fit at the natural waist, are super soft and have a fascinating stagger cut that looks marvelous with booties and heels.
- Harris Wharf London Cocoon Coat: 100% wool, sublimely lightweight and notably warm, this cream nude number can be dressed up or down and is apropos for the entire year. Oh, and it's on sale!
- Paul Green Tan Open Toe Bootie...similar styles HERE and HERE: Comfortable and chic, the rich luggage tan tone works so well with neutrals.
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this round of Nordstrom-centric gift ideas in the style, skincare and beauty realm and would love to know what caught your eye!
Standard Shipping: Free
Two Business Day: $15
Next Business Day: $25
Saturday Delivery: $35
- December 15th: Last day for free standard shipping to PO boxes (order by 12 PM ET)
- December 21: Last day for two-business-day shipping on gift cards and merchandise (order by 12 PM ET
- December 22: Last day for free standard shipping on gift cards and qualifying merchandise (order by 12 PM ET)
- December 23rd: Last day for $10 rush shipping on qualifying merchandise (order by 12 PM ET)
- December 25th: Last day to send an e-gift card for Christmas
- January 1st: Last day to send an e-gift card for Hanukkah
Good things ahead, including a fresh FOTD, Part II of my beauty-heavy last minute shopping guide and a host of new product procurements.
Also, if there is anything that you would like for me to cover in the coming weeks, do please let me know in the comments section ; )
xx and thanks--as always--for reading,
--The Beauty Professor
**Thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.