|Tom Ford Lips & Boys 2016 Collection.|
The Tom Ford Lips & Boys 2016 Collection hits counters next week, launching at Sephora on November 24th and online at at counters at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Tom Ford on Black Friday! The collection features 50 lip colors; 25 returning hues and 25 completely new shades. I am excited to share a comprehensive overview of the new shades with swatches galore; with sheer metallic, cream and matte finishes and hues ranging from the palest nude to the deepest aubergine, there is sure to be a boy for you in the mix!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and additional beauty discoveries for this month as well as images of the products in action...
Creamy and hydrating with marvelous color payoff, the new shades feature a lovely round of mattes and metallics with a few cream finish options thrown in for good measure. I am partial to the matte (insane color payoff) and cream (super natural) options but was also very impressed with the pronounced luminosity of the metallic shades. They apply like silk and act as a radiant gossamer
I swatched the new *Lips & Boys in the order that they arrived on my doorstep...when there are 25 colors to judiciously handle, one has to embrace a consistent ordering system and I allowed the arrangement in the lacquered box to make the decision for me.
All shades were swatched in natural sunlight and are extremely color accurate. Consequently, I will let the shades speak for themselves and will denote only brief color descriptions as well as the finish of the lipstick per Tom Ford press material...enjoy the swatches!
- Douglas (metallic) Sheer and pale pinky nude
- Bradley (cream) Warm nude beige
- Alexander (cream) Lush light pinky nude with strong opacity
- Ashton (cream) Neutral wine meets aubergine
- Thomas (matte) Rosy nude bloom
|From L-R: Douglas, Bradley, Alexander, Ashton and Thomas.|
- Christopher (matte) Russet nude
- Ben (matte) Deep 90's brown
- Evan (matte) Creamy neutral medium nude beige...a sincere favorite in the lineup (worn in the image at the end of this story)
- Dominic (matte) Cool toned dark red
- Travis (metallic) Incandescent coffee brown
|From L-R: Christopher, Ben, Evan, Dominic and Travis.|
- Graham (metallic) Radiant sand beige
- Aaron (metallic) Toasted chocolate almond veil
- Snowdon (metallic) Glowing rose gold nude
- Dylan (matte) Classic cherry red
- Jack (cream) Emboldened cranberry
|From L-R: Graham, Aaron, Snowdon, Dylan and Jack.|
- Anderson (matte) Neutral medium baby pink, a truly unique pink in the TF lineup, it's a favorite (and worn in the image at the end of this story)
- Jared (matte) Radiant fuchsia
- Logan (metallic) Iridescent hot pink...glowy and glam
- Cristiano (matte) Color-saturated coral orange (worn in the image at the end of this story)
- Mitchell (cream) Browny burgundy
|From L-R: Anderson, Jared, Logan, Cristiano and Mitchell.|
- Nicholas (matte) Deep red-tinged oxblood
- Ryan (metallic) Glowing wine
- Inigo (metallic) Rich blackberry glow (worn in the image at the end of this story)
- Jon (metallic) Deepest vamp
- Elliot (metallic) Luminous plum with iridescent undertones
|From L-R: Nicholas, Ryan, Inigo, Jon and Elliot.|
|All 25 new shades.|
|A quick reference guide to all 25 shades.|
|The full look.|
To complement the new Tom Ford Lips & Boys Collection, I curated the following recent product discoveries and launches to create a full look:
- *Lancer Lift & Plump Sheet Mask: This mask is transcendent; in 15 minutes, my tired face is tightened, lifted and plumped (in a good way). It's super apropos for moments when you visage needs instant extra reinforcements!
- *Rouge Bunny Rouge Skin Perfector Serene Light: I have been loving this primer for its masterful skin-evening properties and tender glow. It also makes my makeup go on more smoothly and last until I choose to take it off.
- *Le Metier de Beaute After Glow Foundation #8 (also reviewed HERE): Flawless medium coverage and a satin finish makes this foundation a delectable choice.
- *Artis Elite Mirror Gold Palm Brush: As its moniker implies, this luxurious brush fits into the palm of one's hand for the ultimate in foundation blending and buffing control.
- *Tom Ford Waterproof Foundation/Concealer in Natural (reviewed HERE): This trusty tube is always in my purse as of late...in this case, I used the concentrated formula to create additional coverage and conceal darkness.
- *Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in Chaleur, La Rose du Soir and Barbe A Papa (reviewed HERE): To contour, bronze and blush in seconds, this trio is a dream come true.
- Tom Ford Moonlight Skin Illuminating Powder Duo (reviewed HERE) applied with the Surratt Beauty Artistique Highlight Brush: For additional glow on the high points of the face, one cannot go wrong with this subtly luminous pair.
- *Jenny Patinkin Petites Vegan Brush Collection: A brand new launch from one of my favorite brush creators, this adorable mini pentad of brushes for face and eyes features ultra-soft bristles made of vegan fibers that impressively retain an opulent feel on the face. Cruelty free and luxe? Yes please!
- *Giorgio Armani Prima Eye and Lip Perfector (reviewed HERE): I use this formula to smooth fine lines in the lip and orbital area...it also acts as a brilliant primer.
- *Surratt Beauty Artistique Eyeshadow in Ma-Peche, Amoureux, Renard Roux and Zibeline (reviewed HERE): Blended on the eye, this makes for a rosy, peachy, slightly satin wonderland.
- *Tom Ford High Definition Eyeliner in Burnished Gold (reviewed HERE): I swept a touch of this indelible golden pencil along my lower lash line for additional radiance.
- *Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats creates impressively full and fluttery lashes.
- *Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Taupe (reviewed HERE): I cannot get enough of this clever brow gel...lightly tinted with nearly invisible fibers to build volume in an incognito manner, it also adds polish and hold to one's arches and stays in place all day.
- *By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder: Finely milled and completely translucent, this cult-favorite smoothes pores and leaves a soft matte finish that sets makeup and still looks like real skin.
- *Phuong Dang Untamed Oud: I am over the moon for this decadent oud-inspired fragrance. With top notes of rum and tar, middle notes of honey, rose and clove and base notes of vanilla absolute, tobacco, amber grey and, of course, oud, this is an apropos juice for anyone who loves a musky, earthy, slightly spicy energy to their fragrance. I, for one, am confident that I'll be reaching for it constantly this winter!
- *Body Shop Body Butter: This rich cream couldn't have arrived at a better time in the season...so lush and nourishing, it's been my post-shower treat lately.
- *Illumai Protect: This leave-in spray detangles my often knotty hair (pun intended) while simultaneously imparting shine, moisture and manageability. I am very impressed with the Illumai line as a whole and this is a hero product for me.
- *Dessata Hairbrush: Ever since my hair has gotten super long, my normal detangling brush hasn't been performing as well. Enter Dessatta: This genius brush has longer (yet still flexible) bristles that glide through my wet hair with ease. I was truly stunned the first time I used it...it's wildly effective and at a stunning price point to boot.
- *Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Evan (creamy matte nude), Anderson (rich matte baby pink), Cristiano (demi-matte coral) and Inigo (luminous deep blackberry).
|New face discoveries.|
|From L-R: Swatches of the LMdB Afterglow Foundation #8, Tom Ford Waterproof Foundation in Natural and Rouge Bunny Rouge Serene Light for a perfected canvas.|
|*Phuong Dang Untamed Oud|
|*Jenny Patinkin Petites Vegan Brush Collection|
|Swatches of eye products in direct sunlight.|
|For the cheeks.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Two Surratt Beauty palettes I adore.|
|Brilliant body and hair care discoveries.|
The following images reflect all products in action...blouse by Equipment France, skirt by Frame Denim (currently on sale!) and Creeper Slide shoes by Coach (also reviewed HERE):
**Photos taken by Laura Lynn.
|Wearing Tom Ford Lips & Boys Evan on the lips.|
|Wearing Tom Ford Anderson on the lips.|
|Wearing Tom Ford Cristiano on the lips.|
|Wearing Tom Ford Inigo on the lips.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this *Tom Ford Lips & Boys 2016 preview and new product discovery feature! It is always my profound joy to share what is coming up in the world of beauty and these lipsticks--especially Evan, Anderson, Cristiano and Inigo--are glorious and worth looking forward to, indeed. The lip color will be available individually, in a 50-piece collectors' set housed in a black lacquered Tom Ford case and also in a customizable three-piece container for options galore.
As aforementioned, the 25 new shades will be launch at Sephora on 11/24 and at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Tom Ford on Black Friday 11/25! Which shades caught YOUR eye? Do tell!
Good things ahead, including a travel beauty story and a host of new product procurements. I am also working on responding to your latest batch of emails and comments...much appreciation for your patience in the meanwhile.
xx, thanks for reading and have a lovely rest of the week,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.