|Above: Red, White and Blue beauty and skincare for this Independence Day weekend.|
Happy Fourth of July weekend! I hope the first few days of July have been magnificent for you. Late last night, I returned from a whirlwind 40-hour camping trip (more on that later on in this post!) and am getting back into the swing of things before celebrating Independence Day with my family. Indubitably, for me the holiday at its core is all about freedom and a profoundly patriotic sense of thanks for America, but I couldn't help but also be inspired by the red, white and blue of some of my favorite beauty and skincare products!
Kindly scroll on for a full product breakdown as well as a mini-recap of my recent roadtrip up the coast of California as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Who knew this nude and neutral-toned lover had so many red, white and blue products that I love?!|
Beauty and Skincare...Red, White and Blue Edition:
- Truffle Clarity Clutch...reviewed HERE
- Koh Gen Do Spa Water...reviewed HERE
- Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen...reviewed HERE
- Surratt Beauty Aureole Highlighter...reviewed HERE
- RMS Living Luminizer...reviewed HERE
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Eye Lift Cream...reviewed HERE
- Mila Moursi Rejuvenating Serum...reviewed HERE
- Kate Somerville Noursh Mist...reviewed HERE
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence Mask...reviewed HERE
- Sisleya Global Anti-Aging Cream...reviewed HERE
- Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #504...reviewed HERE
- Tom Ford Scarlet Rouge Lipstick...reviewed HERE
- Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor Lipstick...reviewed HERE
- Jouer Sophia Lipstick...reviewed HERE
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lipstick in Envious...reviewed HERE
- LVX Nail Lacquer in Laguna...reviewed HERE
- Jenny Patinkin Brush Holder in Grey Stone...line reviewed HERE
|Above: Pup-wrangling at the rest stop...my mom and I are always amused by how delightfully exhausting|
Onto the road trip recap...earlier this week, my dad, brother and husband departed for their annual kayak fishing trip near Big Sur, CA. They spend their days on the boats, enjoying God's beauty and living off the land (or should I say, sea) and their evenings camping at Limekiln, a historic plot of land off of Highway 101, surrounded by forest, streams and the Pacific Ocean. Feeling adventurous, my mom and I decided to meet them up there for their last night and day and proceeded to embrace streamlined packing (an entirely different future post!) and a sense of spirit as we traveled six hours with two lively dogs!
|Above: The view from the beach...the bridge is a stretch of Highway 101...it makes one feel so small.|
|Above: Jethro feeling at home in the back of our car...he is such a great traveler.|
|Above: My brother's dog, Jasper...he is only one and has the most gorgeous hair I've ever seen!|
|Above: The beach at dusk...the rocks and skyline were stunning.|
|Above: Natural travel-friendly makeup, including MAC Faux lipstick (discussed HERE).|
|Above: With my husband and brother at the beach...love these guys to no end!|
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this dual-purposed post and look forward to hearing how your July is going thus far...travels? Work? Other adventures? Please share!
As aforementioned, I had absolutely no cell signal or Internet access for the past two days (totally unplugging is equal parts refreshing and overwhelming!) and now in the midst of preparing to respond to your lovely emails and comments...thanks for your patience.
Good things ahead, including a closeup of my Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson order, a fresh FOTD, a peek at some new neutral MAC products and an overview of the chic Guerlain Summer 2015 collection (was waiting on the sun to make an appearance to finish photography).
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish contenth and/or photos without author's written permission.