|Above: 4th of July Makeup!|
As the parades, barbecues and other festive gatherings reach a fever pitch today, I wanted to share a simple 4th of July inspired makeup look that takes but ten minutes to achieve! Reds, whites and blues at their most restrained...
|Above (clockwise from top left corner): Serge Lutens Quant a Soi Primer, Rouge Bunny Rouge lip pencil in Vasco, NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder, Tom Ford lip color in Scarlet Rouge, Chanel Le Volume Mascara, Chantecaille Waterproof Eyeliner in Orchid, Le Metier de Beaute Liquid Liner in Artemis, Edward Bess Blush in Soft Orchid and Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeliner in Salome.|
|Above: A close up of the beautiful pale violet pink Edward Bess blush, Soft Orchid.|
- I started by applying Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation in Natural Beige all over my face with a Beauty Blender.
- I then added a bit of Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate to create contour.
- I applied Edward Bess blush in Soft Orchid to the apples of my cheeks.
- Once the entire look was complete, I lightly dusted NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder to set it in place.
- I patted Serge Lutens Quant-a-Soi around the orbital region to even skin and add a light white glow.
- I then created a winged liquid liner look with Le Metier de Beaute Indelible Inks Liner in Artemis, a deep indigo blue (note the step by step process below).
- I added a lightly smudged line of Chantecaille Waterproof Eyeliner in Orchid, a blue-tinged purple, very close to my lower lash line.
- I applied Rouge Bunny Rouge Feline Gaze liner in Salome along my lower lash waterline.
- I applied two coats of Le Volume de Chanel Mascara on my upper and lower lashes.
|Above: This time, I started with the wing, then drew the line along my lash line to connect with the wing and finally, filled in the space along the lash line for a smooth and even result!|
|Above: Tom Ford Scarlet Rouge with Rouge Bunny Rouge Vasco applied around the edges of the mouth to soften the shade and make it more wearable.|
The following images reflect the look in various lighting situations...
Bottom Line: I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend, celebrating joyously with friends and family. We are truly blessed to live in this great country and may we remember that today and always!
What makeup are YOU embracing this weekend?
--The Beauty Professor