|Above: At the exposition of my adventure at the Kate Somerville Clinic.|
Earlier this week, we had the pleasure of attending an intimate afternoon with Kate Somerville at the Kate Somerville Clinic (discussed in depth HERE). Surrounded by gorgeous environs and a surplus of expertise, the luncheon, presentation and subsequent Q and A session yielded a wealth of skincare knowledge!
Kindly scroll on for more details on the event, as well as style + beauty details and the Bottom Line...
|Above: Kate discussing the many merits of her freshly-launched Age Arrest Anti-Wrinkle Serum.|
|Above: The latest releases from Kate Somerville.|
Although she candidly discussed a myraid of current skincare-related topics, from red light facials to dermaplaning, Kate focused most specifically on her line's three latest releases:
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Deliver an instant surge of hydration to your skin with Kate’s refreshing Nourish Hydrating Firming Mist.The weightless, alcohol-free formula contains the powerful anti-wrinkle ingredient Matrixyl 3000TM, which is clinically proven to lift and firm skin while reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Extracts of Beet Root, Algae, Ginger and Green Tea combine to hydrate, nourish, tone and firm skin, while Montmorillonite Clay helps detoxify and refine pores. Hints of aromatic Lavender and Orange Essential Oils help you relax and de-stress. Gently mist skin before applying serums and moisturizers, or throughout the day to refresh and restore a youthful, dewy glow.
- Instantly hydrates the skin for up to 24 hours
- Supports collagen synthesis to reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Improves skin firmness and elasticity Refines the appearance of pores Alcohol-free formula
- Clinically tested to be safe for sensitive skin
- MATRIXYLTM 3000 reduces the look of fine lines and helps promote healthy-looking skin
- Natural BEET ROOT EXTRACT provides immediate and long-lasting hydration for up to 24 hours to visibly improve skin smoothness and suppleness
- A rare BLUE-GREENALGAE EXTRACT, harvested from the Pacific Northwest,is rich in nutrients,amino acids andVitamins B, C & E to help improve skin elasticity and firmness
- GINGER and GREEN TEA EXTRACTS contain antioxidants to protect against harmful free radicals
- MONTMORILLONITE CLAY has detoxifying properties that help refine pores and remove excess sebum
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Prime and protect in a single step! Kate’s luxurious skin-perfecting primer creates a flawless canvas for your makeup while protecting against the sun’s harmful rays.The lightweight, non-greasy formula is infused with an Advanced Moisture Complex to glide on gracefully and prep skin for seamless makeup application. Advanced Light Diffusing Technology blurs imperfections, minimizes the appearance of pores and creates a soft-focus effect, while Broad Spectrum SPF 15 protects against the sun’s harmful UVA & UVB rays. It also combines Matrixyl 3000TM with nourishing Shiitake Extract to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines while stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.This soft, silky primer dries to a flattering matte finish, leaving skin luminous, youthful and glowing.
- Smoothes out skin’s surface and blurs imperfections to create a flawless canvas for your makeup
- Locks in the hydration of your serum and moisturizer
- Provides age-defying sun protection
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- LIGHT DIFFUSING TECHNOLOGY helps blur imperfections, minimizes the appearance of pores and creates a flattering soft- focus effect.
- ADVANCED MOISTURE COMPLEX smoothes skin’s surface and seals the hydration of your serum and moisturizer.
- BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 15 shields skin against harmful UVA & UVA rays.
- MATRIXYL 3000TM, an age-defying Peptide, visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- SHIITAKE EXTRACT helps combat the degradation of collagen and elastin.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Rescue skin from the signs of aging and help protect against pollution with this advanced renewing serum. It is powered by revolutionary Telo-5TM Technology, based on Nobel Prize*- winning science designed to combat the comprehensive signs of aging and deliver a firmer, younger-looking complexion. This luxuriously lightweight serum is made with powerful Tetrapeptides to help boost the production of collagen and elastin. Marine Extracts, such as Sea Mayweed and Laminaria Kelp, help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while Sea Whip Extract and Algae Plasma help soothe sensitive skin. It is also formulated with Thiotaine, a powerful pollution solution that helps protect against environmental aggressors.
- Dramatically reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles Improves the overall look of skin firmness
- Helps protect skin against pollution
- Provides immediate and long-lasting hydration
- Clinically tested to be safe for sensitive skin
- POWERFUL TETRAPEPTIDE helps boost the production of collagen and elastin
- SEA MAYWEED EXTRACT immediately reduces the appearance of expression lines, while fermented LAMINARIA KELP EXTRACT works synergistically with skin’s natural HYALURONIC ACID to help diminish the appearance of wrinkles.
- THIOTAINE, a potent Antioxidant, helps protect against pollution A proprietary blend of SEA WHIP EXTRACT and ALGAE PLASMA
|Above: Kate Somerville + BP.|
|Above: BP Assistant Laura + BP, directly following the event.|
|Above: My lipmix...Edward Bess Lasting Kiss Lipstain in Au Naturel + Tom Ford Nude Vanille.|
The blissful summertime weather of the afternoon inspired me to embrace an easy, pared down look...a swingy black shift, flat gladiator sandals, and an effortless fringed bag worked well with a bronzy nude (what else?!) look.
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE) as a primer: Truly a non-negotiable in my routine.
- *Viseart HD T.I.Q. Cream Foundation in a mixture of Sycomore and Ambre (mentioned HERE...more details on this combination soon!) buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender.
- *Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze (also available at Space.NK and reviewed HERE), applied with a Chikuhodo GSN 04 brush (reviewed HERE): It's still my default, go-to bronzer and brush combination these days...so worth it.
- *La Prairie Cellular Cream Blush in Peach Glow (reviewed HERE and HERE): Tapped on the apples of the cheeks, this creates an ethereal flush...no wonder it flies off the shelves at the highly-curated Violet Grey.
- *Gucci Magnetic Color Shadow Quad in Crystal Copper (swatched below): This stunning quad features warm ivory, rich copper, medium gold and smoky plum shades that are finely-milled and crease-free, with a sophisticated satin finish. Sure to flatter a spectrum of complexions, I highly recommend this as a foray into the formidable Gucci Beauty line.
- By Terry Eyebrow Mascara in 04 Dark Brown (reviewed HERE): A lovely way to get groomed brows in 2 seconds flat...this is always in my makeup bag.
- *Guerlain Maxilash Mascara So Volume (to be featured soon): Ahh...this formula, as the name implies, is pure jet black volume in a tube. 2-3 coats and my lashes practically look false...everytime I wear it, someone asks me what mascara I'm wearing!
- *Edward Bess Lasting Kiss Lip Stain in Au Naturel (reviewed HERE and HERE) mixed with Tom Ford Nude Vanille lipstick (reviewed HERE): A perfect combination of long lasting stain and pale nude pigment for a plush pout that doesn't quit.
- *Koh Gen Do Silky Moist Foundation Powder in #123 (reviewed HERE): I am absolutely smitten with the shade match and performance of this powder. It mattifies and offers decent coverage while still looking like healthy skin...no powdery finish whatsoever. Koh Gen Do does not disappoint!
- Topshop High Apex Slip Dress (also mentioned HERE): I have this dress in two different fabrics and simply cannot get enough of its classic, streamlined swing. It's affordable and timeless...a divine combination.
- Figtree Gladiator Sandals: Leather, laden with laces and ever so au courant, these genius flats have a hidden zipper in the back, impressively increasing their comfort quotient!
- Seth Wegter Bags Fringe Bag: My latest Seth Wegter bags procurement, this fringe wonder (also more clearly pictured HERE) is roomy and wondrous on every level.
|Above: The Gucci Magnetic Color Shadow Quad in Crystal Copper.|
|Above: Swatches of the Gucci Magnetic Color Shadow Quad in Crystal Copper.|
|Above: Softly bronzed eyes, even, demi-matte skin and rosy nude lips...oh, and an absurd amount of mascara.|
|Above: Warm weather makeup that is virtually touch up free.|
|Above: An easy take on summertime style...these gladiator sandals have a hidden zipper in the back, making them much easier to put on and take off than one might imagine ; )|
|Above: Black on black on black...|
|Above: Thanks for another lovely experience, Kate Somerville.|
|Above: Summertime in LA...one never grows tired of the bountiful palm trees!|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this convergence of skincare and style (Topshop, by the way, is having a massive sale this weekend) and would love to know which Kate Somerville products (available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Sephora) have a place in YOUR regular routine! I, for one, use the Nourish Hydrating Firming Mist frequently and can't wait to continue experimenting with the Prime Protection Dual Action Primer as the summer heat continues.
Good things ahead, including a hair-centric piece, a fresh FOTD and a host of new product procurements! Also, working my way through responding to your lovely comments and emails now that I've finally adjusted to my new schedule; thanks for your patience!
Finally, in case you missed it, the entire overview of the Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson Collection can be viewed HERE.
xx and have a beautiful Saturday,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR sample provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish contenth and/or photos without author's written permission.