This week has been a blur...between a couple of events, a host of meetings and preparation for a new semester of lecturing, I've been packing as much as I can into my final week of winter break. That being said, I couldn't let another day go by without sharing some of my latest beauty discoveries...from an innovative way of fighting fine lines and a brand new full coverage cushion foundation to a classic pink lipstick and the best leggings I have purchased in a long time, this post has a bit of everything!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Skin + Hair.|
// SKIN + HAIR //
- *La Prairie Line Interception Power Duo (also reviewed HERE): I am on day 10 of my trial with this cutting edge anti-aging duo and am loving how smooth, plumped and bright the pair of formulas is making my skin. The results are absolutely noticeable--from texture refinement to a more youthful canvas--and I am excited to be reaching the home stretch (14 days) of testing. Another report forthcoming!
- *Lancome Visionnaire Eye Cream (also reviewed HERE): This brightening eye cream also smooths and soothes the delicate orbital area. A little dab each day has been doing my eyes some major good.
- *Sisley-Paris Double Tenseur (also reviewed HERE): In the complete look at the end of this post, I used this as a moisturizing and firming primer; this serum tighten and lifts like no other and it perfectly preps my skin for the makeup to come.
- *Elcie The Glow Enhancer Dry Oil: To add a touch of hydrating glow to the equation, I added two drops of the quickly absorbed illuminating dry oil, focusing on the high points of my face. The incandescent glow it imparts is just lovely!
- *Orlando Pita Play Flash Light Shine Boosting Spray: For an infusion of shine, this spray is divine; it offers a veil of radiance without weighing down down one's tresses.
- *Sisley-Paris Eau de Campagne (also reviewed HERE): I have been intrigued with this timeless green fragrance as of late; reminiscent of a meadow after rainfall, mixed with slightly spicy notes of sophistication, its a natural beauty, indeed.
- *37 Actives High Performance Anti-Aging and Filler Lip Treatment: Ever in my handbag, this nourishing oil instantly hydrates and, over time, also increases the volume of the lips. I use it in the day as a primer for lip color and at night as a treatment...one of my favorite discoveries of the end of 2016.
|A cushion foundation wonderland.|
// FOUNDATION //
Long a fan of the Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion (reviewed HERE), I couldn't wait to try the freshly-released Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion Intense, which is packaged in a dreamy golden brown compact. Designed to envelop skin in skin-friendly ingredients and supreme coverage, this lightweight cushion formula also boasts SPF 50 protection for a visage that is more than ready to face the day.
The cushion comes with a sponge applicator which is housed on a separate level in the compact and also is equipped with a refill, making the purchase price a reasonable one for 6+ months of foundation. When comparing the Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion Intense to the other two formulas, I found that:
- The Perfecting Cushion Intense has slightly more coverage than the Perfecting Cushion and the #25 in the Intense has a slightly neutral to peachier leaning that the original #25.
- The Perfecting Cushion Intense has much more coverage and is a bit more matte in finish than the *Sulwahsoo Perfecting Cushion Brightening (reviewed HERE) and, in swatches, #25 is deeper than the Brightening version.
- Like the other two formulas in the line, the lasting power of the Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion Intense is remarkable; I get 6-7 hours of flawless, crease-free wear.
- All in all, I am very impressed with this latest foundation from Sulwhasoo and firmly believe the line makes the best performing cushion compacts on the market!
What it is: A moisturizing and nourishing anti-aging cushion foundation that spreads seamlessly onto the skin, creating a smooth finish that delicately reflects light for remarkable, youthful luminosity.
Who it's for: Anyone with any skin type who wants buildable coverage and a luminous finish.
What it does: It's formulated with precious red pine extracts which deliver unrivaled radiance and resilience to the skin while boosting skin's look of firmness and density and smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Antioxidant-rich plum blossoms deliver clarity to the skin, while Sulwhasoo's unique Radiance Pearl Powder Complex provides remarkable radiance. The result is a silky, seamless yet perfected complexion with a healthy, natural-looking glow.
How to use: After dispensing an appropriate amount onto the cushion puff, gently spread the product across the face. Start from the center of the face and work your way outward. Apply more on areas where more coverage is needed, for a flawless finish.
- 1 oz.
- Sulfate-free; paraben-free; phthalate-free
Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Niacinamide, Trehalose, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Propanediol, Glycyrrhiza Uralensis (Licorice) Root Extract, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Polygonatum Officinale Rhizome/Root Extract, Sodium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 80, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Beeswax, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Methoxy Peg-114/Polyepsilon Caprolactone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Extract, Prunus Mume Flower Extract, Mica (Ci 77019), Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Fragrance.
|Swatches in outdoor sunlight.|
|Swatches in outdoor shade.|
// EYES //
- *Surratt Beauty Prismatique Eyes in Neutral Eyes (reviewed HERE): The obvious signs of use in the images above and below should speak for themselves, but here are some thoughts should you need a bit more elaboration as to why I adore this product: the creamy shadow is immensely pigmented and provides a marvelously opaque base that resist creasing, pilling or migration. The shimmering powder shadow is the perfect companion to said cream shadow; tapped lightly onto the base, it masterfully adhere and illuminates eyes for hours on end. Neutral eyes is a universally flattering chocolate brown/warm rose gold duo that, after a few more uses, will need to be replenished...I love hitting (and, subsequently decimating) pan!
- La Mer Concealer in Medium (reviewed HERE): Perfect for the under eye region, it covers darkness and brighten the orbital area without creasing.
- *Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Taupe (reviewed HERE): This continues to rank at the top of my favorite brow products list due to is ability to quickly fill in brows with pigmented fibers that also enhance shape and increase hold...just a few upward strokes each day and I get full and feathery brows in 10 seconds flat.
- YSL The Shock Mascara (reviewed HERE): I am still enamored with this new formula; my lashes are lush, dark, voluminous and lengthy in two coats.
- *Jenny Patinkin The Petites (reviewed HERE): This genius collection of decadently soft, premium vegan brushes comes in its own travel container for the ultimate in portability. My mom and I love the short handles as they don't bump into the mirror for close work on eyeshadow or liner and the array of brush options guarantees that your entire face will be under control.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The full eye look.|
// FACE + LIPS //
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in La Rosée du Soir, Chaleur and Barbe A Papa (also available at Blue Mercury and reviewed HERE): I use a mix of Chaleur and La Rosee du Soir to contour and bronze and a dash of the luminous pink Barbe a Papa on the apples of my cheeks...three shades for a full face of dimension.
- *Chikuhodo GSN 04 Brush (reviewed HERE): A trusted companion for blush and bronzer, I've been using this particular brush for nearly three years!
- *Girlactik Luminous Face Veil in See Through (reviewed HERE): Still my favorite highlighter lately, this glowing warm pearl shade looks ultra natural on the skin and lasts for hours...the radiance is unprecedented.
- *Surratt Beauty Artistique Highlight Brush (reviewed HERE): Ever within reach, this tapered brush applies highlighter like a dream; the wildly soft bristles allow for precision while buffing everything to oblivion.
- *Dior Couture Color Rouge Dior Lipstick #475 Rose Caprice: This stunning cool pink lipstick was calling my name during my last visit to the mall; the updated Dior lip color formula is moisturizing with respectable lasting power and color payoff and the creamy yet slightly pearlescent Rose Caprice is the quintessential hue to brighten the face in a single swipe...every pink lover needs this as they walk through life!
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Dior Rose Caprice.|
|Swatch in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sun...
// STYLE NOTES //
The icy (for Southern California) winter weather we've experienced lately has had me embracing a serious round of sweaters, leggings and tennis shoes; the combination is infinitely comfortable and works well for my casual days at home. In light of my affinity for the two pairs of the Zella Live In High Waisted leggings that I own, my recent purchase of the the Zella To the Max leggings was a no brainer. The fabric is stretchy and comfortable while completely holding its shape; additionally, the clever cutouts are unique and modern, making me over the moon for their fit and function. I have reaching for these pants often that I am earnestly considering picking up a backup!
I paired the Zella To the Max leggings with a slightly oversized wool blend sweater by Eileen Fisher that I purchased last year. Its textured finish and swingy lines are easy to dress up or, in this case, dress down. Although it is no longer available, I found two similar styles HERE and HERE that capture the essence of the overall look. Adding a pair of black Nike high tops extends the length of the leg for a monochromatic and elongated effect. While we're on the subject, some other tennis shoes I've been eyeing include this platform version of the timeless Stan Smiths and these sleek leather numbers by Common Objects.
|Sweater + leggings = a sublimely easy outfit.|
|Detail close up.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope that you enjoyed this post and would love to know what may have caught your eye!
Good things ahead, including a new video and bounty of new product procurements...truly excited to share everything in the coming days.
xx and have a beautiful weekend,
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-17 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.