|Introducing the La Mer The Soft Fluid Fluid Long Wear Foundation.|
Earlier this week, I spotted a brand new display featuring the La Mer The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation SPF 20 (also available at Nordstrom). The timing couldn't have been more perfect as I have received a barrage of recent requests from readers and followers regarding a feature on this formula! Consequently, I am excited to share swatches of every shade of the foundation as well as swatches of the new ultra-creamy concealer (I personally picked up the shade Medium).
Although I am still in the testing phase with the foundation and will weigh back in with my official thoughts soon, I hope that you find the swatches helpful in meanwhile...I also included a quick style look and a glimpse into the lipsticks I've been hauling around in my purse lately for good measure!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the foundation in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Swatches in outdoor lighting.|
The La Mer Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation (also available at Nordstrom) comes in a vast range of 15 shades that reflect the palest alabaster skin to rich tan tones. In my initial experiences, I have noted that this foundation offers buildable coverage (light all the way to nearly full) with a natural matte finish that--in my experience--lasts for 6-8 hours before requiring a touch up.
The fluid formula is relatively weightless feeling and, although my skin is normal, I feel like this foundation would perform effectively on a range of skin types (oily, combo and dry) as it is not too emollient but still very hydrating feeling.
I found the perfect match for my skin (currently NC 25) in Netural, which is an excellent balance of warm and cool tones for medium skin.
Shade Descriptions (per my experience):
- Porcelain: Extremely light neutral beige for alabaster skin tones (@N/NC/NW 10)
- Ivory: Extremely light neutral beige for neutral to rosy fair skin tones (@N/NW 10-15)
- Creme: Extremely light yellow beige for neutral to golden fair skin tones (@N/NC 10-15)
- Shell: Light beige for rosy fair skin tones (@N/NW 15-20)
- Natural: Light beige for light skin with peachy undertones (@N/NC 20)
- Linen: Light beige for light skin with golden olive undertones (@N/NC 20-23)
- Bisque: Light beige for light skin with neutral undertones (@N/NW 20-23)
- Neutral: Light-medium beige for light-medium skin with neutral to olive undertones (@N/NC 25)
- Sand: Medium beige for medium skin with warm olive undertones (@N/NC 30)
- Blush: Rich rosy medium beige for medium skin with cool undertones (@N/NW 30)
- Beige: Medium neutral beige for neutral medium skin (@N/NW/NC 27)
- Suede: Rich beige for medium-tan skin with warm undertones (@N/NC 35)
- Tawny: Tan beige for neutral medium-deep skin (@N/NW/NC 40)
- Tan: Deep tan beige for neutral dark skin (@N/NW 42)
- Honey: Deep tan beige for warm dark skin (@N/NC 45)
Official details, courtesy of Neiman Marcus:
A weightless texture meets luxurious, long wear. NEW Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation SPF 20 seamlessly blends soft color, healing hydration and Miracle Broth™. Pores look refined. Imperfections virtually disappear. SPF and antioxidants help protect a newly flawless complexion. New color capsule technology helps color stay true—even in humidity.
To use, shake well. Smooth onto face with La Mer Foundation Brush (sold separately) and blend outwardly to neck to achieve a perfected, flawless look. Layer as desired. Follow with The Concealer as needed. For optimal results, set with The Powder (both sold separately).
|Swatches in indoor lighting.|
|Swatches of the La Mer The Concealer in outdoor sunlight.|
As aforementioned, I was able to swatch the La Mer The Concealer (also available at Nordstrom) and subsequently took home the shade Medium. The concealer is rich and creamy but dry enough to stay in place; I prefer wearing it under my eyes to banish darkness but it is opaque enough to also be used to cover a blemish. I am very happy with the performance of this formula thus far!
Shade Descriptions (per my exeperience):
- Very Light: Extremely light beige for alabaster to fair skin tones.
- Light: Light beige for fair to light skin tones.
- Medium: Light-medium beige for medium skin tones.
- Medium Deep: Golden medium beige for medium to tan skin tones.
Official details, courtesy of Neiman Marcus:
This ultra-creamy concealer, with our potent Miracle Broth™, melts into the skin with a veil of weightless coverage, youth-boosting benefits and antioxidants. Imperfections appear blended away as skin is treated and looks transformed. This treatment-powered concealer hugs contours, for longwearing, buildable coverage. All that emanates is naturally flawless radiance.
To use, smooth on to blend away imperfections. For a flawless look, use with the Soft Fluid Foundation and set with The Powder (both sold separately).
|Swatches of the La Mer The Concealer in indoor lighting.|
|Wearing the La Mer Foundation and Stila Stay All Day Matte Lipstick in Papillion.|
The images above and below reflect the La Mer Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation in Neutral and the La Mer The Concealer in Medium. I am also wearing:
- By Terry Sun Designer #2 (reviewed HERE) to contour, bronze and blush
- *Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (reviewed HERE) to highlight
- Tom Ford Cream and Powder Eye Color in Golden Peach (reviewed HERE)
- *Natasha Denona Blackest Black Mascarade (reviewed HERE)
|Wearing the La Mer Foundation and YSL Vinyl Lip Creme in #404 Nude Pulse...that's my husband ; )|
|Lip color on heavy rotation.|
Yesterday, I was trying to figure out why my handbag was so heavy...upon emptying out its contents, I discovered no less than 17 lip color options!! Here's a breakdown of what's been on heavy rotation as of late:
- Stila Stay All Day Matte Lipstick in Papillion (reviewed HERE)
- *Sisley-Paris Phyto Lip Twist (reviewed HERE)
- *Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder Brazilian Nude Lipstick (reviewed HERE)...NOW back in stock and available immediately at Net-A-Porter!
- Tom Ford Lip Contour Duo in Fling It On (reviewed HERE)
- *Jouer Long Wear Lip Topper in Skinny Dip (reviewed HERE)
- Bite Beauty Multistick in Lotus (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute Moisture Matte Lip Creme in Billow and First Look (reviewed HERE)
- *Giorgio Armani Him/Her Lip Care #3 (reviewed HERE)
- *Le Metier de Beaute Hydra Plump Lip Serum (reviewed HERE)
- *37 Actives High Peformance Anti-Aging and Filler Lip Treatment (reviewed HERE)
- *Gucci Sensuous Deep Matte Lipstick in Exposure (reviewed HERE)
- *By Terry Rouge Expert Click Stick #6 (reviewed HERE)
- MAC Liptensity in Driftwood (reviewed HERE)
- *Kaplan MD Lip Liner in Natural (reviewed HERE)
- YSL Vinyl Lip Creme Stain in #404 Nude Pulse: Words cannot adequately express how delighted I am with this creamy lip stain; the formula is hydrating and plush and this particular shade creates a nearly coral stain with a creamy light pink shine on top. It must be tried to be believed...I will be picking up a backup soon.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Rouge in #14 Sequin (reviewed HERE)
|Classic and simple style.|
// STYLE NOTES // Classic and simple, I love wearing these pieces together for an effortless look. Due to their versatility, they also get plenty of wear on their own, and matched with other elements of my wardrobe:
- Ragdoll Vintage Tee in Army (also reviewed HERE)
- Rag & Bone Ryder Skinny Jeans with zippers
- Coach Turnlock Creepers (also reviewed HERE)
|The Coach Turnlock Creepers...absolutely no regrets on this initially capricious purchase.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this swatch-heavy post...sometimes it feels good to go back to my Beauty Professor roots (always swatching, all the time) and this story was no exception!
Good things ahead, including a La Prairie feature, a fresh FOTD and a host of new beauty discoveries!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.