|Meet the By Terry Rouge-Expert Click Stick.|
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the Click Sticks in action as well as the Bottom Line...
All at once moisturizing and color saturated with a velvety matte finish, this lip color is destined to become a By Terry classic. The unprecedented weightlessness--coupled with immense coverage--is what sets this formula apart from its contemporaries. When I am assessing lip color, I tend to divide my thoughts into four categories...packaging, formula, shade range and lasting power:
I. Packaging: Housed in a sleek and elongated tube, the product is dispensed by clicking the top button. This action is easy to do with one hand and the result is a perfectly proportioned amount of lip color being pushed through the top in a clever tear drop shade. Simultaneously intriguing and waste-minimizing, the unique applicator site allows for a precise sweep of lip color straight from the bullet. I am continually impressed by how well this lip color glides onto my lips...I have never been one to spend an inordinate amount of time on lipstick application but this applicator makes it look like I have.
II. Formula: Highly pigmented with a floral scent, the formula is nearly weightless; it feels like a light wash of color but applies with total opacity which is utterly genius. The finish is a velvet matte. Not to be confused with matte, this velvety texture has a slightly light-catching quality that makes lips look glowing without being shiny. The color payoff and finish are undeniably remarkable and the fact that my lips feel moisturized over the duration of wear further adds to the formula's appeal.
III. Shade Range: As aforementioned, this lip color comes in a stunning 25 shades in the nude, pink, orange, berry, red and wine and orchid families; this is both wildly impressive and potentially overwhelming for those who want to choose just one. At $32, this slightly more accessible price point offers a opportunity to collect a few and I implore you to consider doing so!
IV. Lasting Power: Upon application, I get 4-5 hours of very comfortable wear time. While not overly emollient, this formula still manages to make my lips (which tend to battle dryness) feel balanced and plush and, when it wears off, it does so evenly (no patchiness or dreaded ring of white), making reapplication a breeze.
Overall: I am completely smitten by the *By Terry Rouge-Expert Click Sticks! They are velvety, vibrant and excellent for long work (or school) days due to their portability, precision and lasting power. Emphatically recommended!
Official details, courtesy of Beautylish:
About Rouge-Expert Click Stick
Why It's Special
How to Use
Ingredients: C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ceresin, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Triethylhexanoin, Mica, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera Cera / Euphorbia Cerifera Wax, Ci77491 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77492 / Iron Oxides, Parfum / Fragrance, Ci 15850 / Red 7 Lake, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vp/hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Ci 17200 / Red 33 Lake, Methicone, Citronellol, Geraniol, Tin Oxide. (T3239a1)
|My shade selections...#1, #2, #3, #4, #6, #12, #13 and #24.|
*#1 Mimetic Beige: Taupe beige with a velvet matte finish.
*#2 Bloom Nude: Pink beige with a velvet matte finish.
*#3 Bare Me: Rosy beige with a velvet matte finish.
*#4 Rose Ease: Rosy pink with a velvet matte finish.
#5 Flamingo Kiss: Bright pink with a velvet-matte finish.
*#6 Rosy Flush: Peachy rose with a velvet-matte finish.**My favorite!
#7 Flirt Affair: Fuchsia pink with a velvet-matte finish.
#8 Flower Attitude: Muted pink with a velvet matte finish.
#9 Flesh Award: Berry rose with a velvet matte finish.
#10 Garnet Glow: Pinky garnet with a velvet matte finish.
#11 Baby Brick: Brick rose with a velvet matte finish.
*#12 Naked Nectarine: Muted peach with a velvet matte finish.
*#13 Chilly Cream: Muted orange with a velvet matte finish.
#14 Orange Vogue: True orange with a velvet matte finish.
#15 Fire Engine: Red orange with a velvet matte finish.
#16 Rouge Initiation: Warm red with a velvet matte finish.
#17 My Red: Classic red with a velvet matte finish.
#18 Be Mine: Muted red with a velvet matte finish.
#19 Crimson Click: Crimson red with a velvet matte finish.
#20 Mystic Red: Deep red with a velvet matte finish.
#21 Palace Wine: Deep red wine with a velvet matte finish.
#22 Play Plum: Bright plum with a velvet matte finish.
#23 Pink Pong: Magenta purple with a velvet matte finish.
*#24 Orchid Alert: Fuchsia purple with a velvet matte finish.
#25 Dark Purple: Deep berry with a velvet matte finish.
|From top to bottom: Swatches in direct sunlight, outdoor daylight and outdoor shade.|
|Closeup...the lip-hugging tear shape allows for effortlessly precise application on the go.|
|Simply click and apply.|
|Swatches of all eight of my shade selections in direct sunlight. Each lip swatch is indicative of a single coat on the lips with no liner.|
// THE COMPLETE LOOK //
To create a complete look, I combined the By Terry Rouge-Expert Click Sticks with the following products:
- *Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick in Sand (comprehensively reviewed HERE), applied with the *Hourglass Seamless Finish Foundation Stick
- Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Bronzer (not pictured but swatched and reviewed HERE) on hollows of cheeks and perimeters of face.
- *By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Blush in Platonic Blonde (reviewed HERE) on apples of the cheeks for a peachy pink flush.
- *Marc Jacobs Beauty Glow Stick (reviewed HERE) on high points of face (cheekbones and brow bones) for a creamy glow, followed by *Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (reviewed HERE) down the bridge and tip of the nose (my daily highlighter habit) applied with the *Surratt Beauty Highlight Brush.
- *SUQQU Deep Nuance Eyes #02: This silky cream shadow offers a veil of creaseless color that stays put all day. The warm taupey brown makes a perfect all over wash of color.
- *By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bubble Glow (reviewed HERE): My not so secret "secret" for brightening the eyes in an instant, I swept this pearly pink along the base of my lower lash line.
- *Surratt Beauty Autographique Eyeliner (reviewed HERE): One fluid line of this jet black formula leaves an indelible mark, impervious to the challenges of the day (including heat, humidity and tears)...the best.
- *GrandeLASH MD: I've been experimenting with this highly lauded lash serum for the last couple of weeks and am already seeing an increase in the strength and volume of my lashes; I'll weigh back in at the end of a full month of usage to report my cumulative findings.
- *L'Oreal Voluminous Eyelash Primer: I haven't used a mascara primer in awhile but was recently introduced to this very accessible version from L'Oreal and was delighted with the results. Two coats of the white formula adds lush volume and impressive length to my lashes that is, of course, punctuated by the application of mascara.
- *Sisley So Curl Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats create full, dark and fluttering lashes with a gentle curl that stays lifted over the course of a day. Brilliant!
- Kaplan MD Lip 20 Lip Definer in Nude (also reviewed HERE): To gently define my lips with neutral color that works with all shades of lipstick, this retractable gem has been my go to as of late.
- *By Terry Rouge-Expert Click Sticks: I wore all eight shades in the images below.
- For hair, I indulged my end of summertime locks (read: slightly and sun damaged) with the *Joico K-PAK Luster Lock. Even though my hair is not color treated, this gentle formula works well to induce shine and major manageability...wet hair is usually the bane of my existence (because it is so hard to brush out, post-shower) but after a 5-minute treatment, I brushed with my Mason Pearson Pocket Brush (reviewed HERE) my hair was detangled, bouncy and full of movement!
|Monica Vinader Linear Stone Bracelet in turquoise and rose gold.|
|Mason Pearson...so worth it.|
|For the face.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|For the eyes (and lips).|
|From L-R: L'Oreal Lash Primer, Sisley So Curl Mascara, By Terry Ombre Blackstar Bubble Glow, Surratt Autographique Eyeliner, Suqqu|
|The eye look.|
|#1 Mimetic Beige.|
|#2 Bloom Nude.|
|#3 Bare Me.|
|#4 Rose Ease.|
|#6 Rosy Flush.|
|#12 Naked Nectarine.|
|#13 Chilly Cream.|
|#24 Orchid Alert.|
// STYLE DETAILS //
- Black Ribbed Tee (similar options HERE and HERE): There is something so classic about a high necked tee and the ribbed material makes it that much more unique. I'll be wearing this one with jeans and skirts once the temperatures drop.
- Vintage Levi's Cutoffs: My last bastion of summer right now and at-home lounging perfection, these vintage 501s are cut higher on the waist with a looser thigh for a fresh silhouette.
- Elizabeth & James Neri Kira Choker (also reviewed HERE): One of my favorite recent purchases, this structured 24k gold plated choker is all sorts of magnificent and will probably never leave my neck.
- Monica Vinader Linear Stone Bracelet in Turquoise and Rose Gold (other styles reviewed HERE): I love it when turquoise is paired with gold and the union is that much sweeter when it is rose gold! This bracelet truly stands out while also playing well with others.
- Loren Stewart Itsy ID Bracelet: Dainty details and solid craftsmanship make Loren Stewart one of my favorite jewelry lines...their use of gold and silver guarantee that you won't ever need to take it off.
- Vintage Cartier Love Bracelet: On my wrist for 8 years and counting, this bracelet feels like it's a part of me.
--Shop the Post
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this *By Terry Rouge-Expert Click Stick feature and would love to know which shades catch YOUR eye. With 25 weightless and velvety options, there is sure to be a hue for everyone!
Good things ahead, including a travel skincare and beauty intensive, a round of fresh fall releases and a host of new product procurements...have a beautiful week,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.