Happy weekend to you! If you've been following me on Instagram, you may know that I've spent the last few days in Bermuda; being thousands of miles away from home in a tropical paradise doesn't stop me from producing content for Beauty Professor, however! Consequently, today I am excited to share my modest Sephora VIB haul (originally forcasted HERE) and I coupled the brief breakdown with a beauty and style look worn today on this gorgeous island.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
Right off the top, I added three staples into my cart:
- Beauty Blenders...the black shade looks so chic and I use this wonder sponge daily so I picked up two.
- SK-II Mid-Day Essence (reviewed HERE)...always in my purse, this consistently refreshes my skin and brightens my complexion.
- Sephora Cotton Pads...I have tried a myriad of cotton pads over the years and consistently come back to this version, time and again...soft and absorbent, these pads are great for toner and I appreciate that they do not leave white lint behind. I've probably purchased well over 100 packs in the last decade!
I also was compelled to buy the YSL Top Secrets All in One BB Cream Skintone Corrector in Medium. As an unapologetic foundation-phile, I was lured in by the great reviews on this formula and found the purported skin-smoothing properties to be attractive. After testing it for the past couple of days, I am apt to say that I am completely happy with this purchase.
Worn alone, the Medium shade (good for NC 25-30 skin) adds a wash of sheer color to the skin and instantly minimizes the look of pores and unevenness. With SPF 25 and a priming effect, this shimmer-free formula also prepares the skin for the foundation to come and increases performance and longevity of wear. It has been kind to my sensitive skin and has kept my makeup entirely intact over the course of long hours in the sunshine of Bermuda. Highly recommended!
|A swatch of the YSL BB Cream in Medium in direct sunlight.|
I've had my eye on the Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Blush Nudee for quite some time now and the Sephora sale was a logical time to finally make it mine. This warm rose quartet features a rich plum brown, a soft dusty thistle, a warm rose bronze and a pale, pink-tinged beige. As gorgeous on the eyes as in the compact, these shadows are buttery with stunning pigmentation and crease-free wear. My only regret is that I did not get this sooner!
|Burberry Blush Nude Swatches in direct sunlight.|
Completely intrigued with the idea of a "milky lip," I couldn't help but order a couple of the new Dior Addict Milky Tints in Milky Pastel and Milky Plum, respectively. With a dash of sheer, undeniably milky color, this formula offers more pigmentation than a traditional lip gloss while still possessing more translucence than most lipsticks. The nhon-sticky ybrid is interesting...hydrating and shiny while providing a bit of a stain, I think I'll be reaching for these effortless beauties a lot in the coming days.
|Milky Pastel (top) and Milky Plum (botton).|
|Swatches of Milky Pastel and Milky Plum in direct sunlight.|
I was duly intrigued with the Burberry Full Kisses in English Rose. This full coverage lipstick offers intense moisture and impressive color payoff, especially for a formula with a luminous finish. I find that I get 3-4 hours of comfortable wear and adore the glowing and natural look and ease of wear of this new release; English Rose is a quintessential nude pink that would flatter a spectrum of skintones. In sum, I am majorly looking forward to picking up additional shades in this formula!
|A swatch of Burberry Full Kisses in English Rose.|
The following images reflect all products in action...I am wearing:
// Makeup //
- YSL Top Secrets All in One BB Cream Skintone Corrector in Medium as a smoothing, skin-evening base, SPF-sporting base.
- *Surratt Beauty Surreal Real Skin Foundation #5 (reviewed HERE): I cannot get enough of this foundation formula...truly a dream.
- By Terry Sun Designer Palette #2 Light and Tan Vibes for bronzer, blush and highlight (reviewed HERE and HERE)
- Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Nude Blush #12: I concentrated the satin-finish rose bronze shade all over my lid and blended the cream beige shade up to my brow bone.
- Hourglass Panoramic Lip Liner in Eden (reviewed HERE) as a subtle nude outline for the Burberry lip.
- Burberry Full Kisses in English Rose: Two coats for creamy, ultra-hydrated lips.
- It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara (reviewed HERE)...this mascara has yet to disappoint!
// Style //
- Equipment Slim Signature Blouse...my perennial go-to...no suprise here!
- Levi's 501 Denim Cutoffs...these are cut perfectly for my taste; not too long, not to short, not too wide, not too tight...simply brilliant.
- Miz Mooz Cali Angel Cuff Sandal: These sandals are unique and comfortable...with a little wood heel and interesting ankle cuff accent, they look just as reasonable with shorts as they do with jeans and skirts. Lovig the Miz Mooz brand as of late!
- Dior Chicago 2 Strauss Aviators: These were indeed a splurge but I have no regrets...from the sturdy frame to the delicate crystal accents (on the sides...close up of these sunnies soon) the slightly oversized aviator shape is destined to become a modern classic.
|Burberry on the eyes!|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this haul and style story! What did YOU get at the Sephora sale?
Do tell ; )
Good things ahead, including a host of new product procurements, a travel beauty spotlight and another foundation feature...cannot wait to share!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.