|Above: Hourglass Cosmetics Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Canvas and Panoramic Long Wear Lip Liner in Eden.|
In honor of the first official day of summer, I am thrilled to introduce two new Hourglass Cosmetics summer releases that, in tandem, create the most classic and quintessential nude lip look. The Panoramic Long Wear Lip Pencil in Eden and Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Canvas possess a gorgeous nude rose hue that, upon application, lasts for ages while keeping the lips stunningly hydrated.
Kindly scroll on for more details, images, swatches and pictures of this lip duo in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: The Panoramic Long Wear Lip Pencil in Eden...this nude is light enough to enhance lip shape and dark enough to define it.|
The Panoramic Long Wear Lip Pencil in Eden is exceptional. Ultra creamy and water-resistant, this formula glides onto the lips without pulling or tugging. Eden is a true light nude that defines the lip in the most exquisite of ways...applied along the lip line, Eden makes lips look utterly lush and full. It lasts for hours on end without flaking or fading and, due to its natural shade, looks incredible alone or paired with an accompanying lip color. Paradise, indeed!
|Above: Canvas, resplendent in the sunshine, features a doe-foot applicator that expertly applies the creamy and pigmented formula.|
The Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Canvas is an excruciatingly-pigmented gem. More like a rich liquid lipstick than a gloss, one swipe yields intense opacity and the dusty rose shade exhibits a level of creaminess that envelops envelopes lips in a soft, shiny effect that has significant lasting power. The formula is remarkably "cushiony," moisturizing and not the slightest bit sticky...a brilliant trifecta, indeed; when coupled with Eden, Canvas is fast becoming a favorite option for nude-toned lips with a bit of "oomph!'
|Above: The neutral nude of Eden is the most befitting compliment to the creamy light rose of Canvas.|
|Above: Swatches of Eden + Canvas in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Eden + Canvas in tandem on the lips.|
Below: Images of Eden + Canvas on the lips in various lighting situations...this combination gracefully endured through intense Florida humidity and a 10 hour travel day...
Above and below...lips, of course, are Eden + Canvas: At Worth Avenue in Palm Beach, FL, enjoying the lush nude effect of Eden + Canvas as well as a little retail therapy! Outfit details (all purchased by me) are as follows...
- Oliver Peoples Benedict Aviator Sunglasses: a brand new procurement...I love the classic styling and light weight feel. The silicone pads ensure that they won't be sliding down my nose, even in extreme humidity! Will have these for life.
- Helmut Lang Asymmetric Jersey Bra: a truly wise (and chic) investment to pair with loose tanks and sheer shirts.
- Helmut Lang Threadbare Hi-Lo Tank: thin and semi-sheer, this flowing cotton top is all sorts of comfortable while still remaining stylishly chic.
- Madewell Campstitch Fatigue Shorts: this khaki tan shade pairs perfectly with black tanks and chambray shirts (two of my favorite top options ever).
- Vince Cashmere Rack Stitch Shirt Tail Sweater (tied around waist): the cream color and super light texture are so apropos for cool summer nights and air conditioned environs. So glad I picked this up on sale!
Bottom Line: I am positively smitten over these new Hourglass lip color shades. I cannot wait to try the Panoramic lip liner in Eden with all of my nude lip colors and I am confident that the Extreme Sheen lip gloss in Canvas will be a staple for me this summer, keeping my perennially dry lips comfortably hydrated and chicly nude. I highly recommend both products for a full, luscious pout with immense staying power...I simply adore this combination!
Good things ahead on BP...have a beautiful weekend...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.