Happy First of April, lovelies! As the title of today's post implies, I am excited to begin this month with an introduction to some makeup (and skincare) you need to meet...
- *T'zikal Deep Hydrating Shampoo and Deep Moisturizing Conditioning Cream: This new haircare duo harnesses the power of Ojon oil to gently cleanse and smooth hair; I love the fresh, herbal scent and impressive lather...especially in light of how clean the ingredients are! The pair leaves my hair clean, soft and glossy and I can't wait to try other products from this independant brand, which is Paraben-Free, EDTA free, Sodium Laurel and Sodium Laureth Sulfate free, Non Animal Tested, No artificial fragance, color or dye, pH-balanced.
- *May Lindstrom The Blue Cocoon: From the instant that I posted this skincare cult favorite on my Instagram account, I knew it was special. Dozens of followers commented on how much they loved not only The Blue Cocoon but the May Lindstrom line in general and their passion was completely understood once I gave this balm a try. Drenched with soothing Blue Tansy, this sold salve liquifies upon contact with one's warm fingers, turning into a light oil that absorbs into the face instantly. Dryness and irritation are masterfully dealt with and I am utterly impressed by how clear and balanced my visage has been upon waking. I have read that it works wonders on the under eye region as well as the lips and will be concentrating my application to these areas in the coming days...will weigh back on my experience again soon!
Ingredients: *Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil, ***Butyrospermun Parkii (Shea) Butter, ***Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, ***Sclerocarya Birrea (Virgin Marula) Oil, Calodendrum Capense (Yangu) Oil, *Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Oil, *Tanacetum Annuum (Blue Tansy) Oil, **Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Oil, *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, **Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense) Oil, *Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium Rose) Oil, *Vanilla Planifolia Co2 Total Essential Oil, Schisandra Sphenanthera Co2 Fruit Extract, *Helichrysum Italicum (Immortelle) Oil, Ravensara Aromatica Oil.
* Certified Organic
** Wild Harvested
*** Fair Trade, Raw & Unrefined
- *Maison Martin Margiela Replica Promenade in the Gardens: I am already a massive fan of the Replica line (Lipstick On reviewed HERE) and this particular incarnation truly feels like a leisurely walk through a British garden. The sweet, lilting floral has a slightly powdery drydown to ground it and the lasting power is impressive, indeed.
|Skincare, hair care and fragrance finds.|
|Unique and effective.|
- Rodial Airbrush Makeup #2 (discussed HERE): Major color payoff (think, a non-scented version of the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer) and intense buildability make this foundation a tremendously versatile product. I like distributing a pea-sized amount all over my face and blending it with a damp Beauty Blender for medium coverage that lasts all day. The natural finish simply looks like really good skin and a bit more can be used like a concealer, wherever a bit of extra coverage is needed. Shade #2 is an excellent N/NC 25 shade.
- *TEMPTU S/B Duo Highlighter: In two diminutive bottles, this duo packs a lot of punch. The pink pearl shade offers super subtle illumination and the bronzy pink shade is dark enough to act as a radiant bronzer (as demonstrated in the images at the end of this post). Just a few drops of either shade is sufficient for full impact on the face and weightless texture ensures that it will play well with other makeup.
- *Ilia Beauty Illuminator in Cosmic Dancer: This golden beige highlighter is my first foray into the highly respected Ilia Beauty line; marvelously smooth, this organic gem glides over skin to impart a gentle glow that looks ethereal yet entirely natural. More Ilia Beauty reviews on the horizon ; )
- *By Terry Densiliss Blush in Platonic Blonde (reviewed HERE and HERE): In the most splendid peachy pink, I find myself reaching for this blush quite frequently...especially since I procured it well over a year and a half ago. It has immense pigmentation and a beautiful, lit-from-within effect which is noteworthy since it leans towards a matte finish. Absolutely brilliant.
|Green beauty meets serious gleam.|
- MDMflow Lipstick Milkshake: Packed with pigment and inspired by 90's musical icons, this capsule collection of lip color is fascinating indeed. Milkshake is a lilac pink that, once applied, deepens to a soft violet. The formula--which is hydrating and lightly scented like chocolate--feels firm on the bullet but melts onto the lips upon application...it's rare, these days, for me to discover a lipstick line that feels absolutely brand new and I am excited that I stumbled up this one!
- MDMflow Lipstick Sweet Escape: Sheerer than Milkshake, this light beige looks amazing over liner or mixed with Milkshake for a tender nude shine (as done in the photos that follow).
|Milkshake and Sweet Escape.|
|A swatch of MDMflow Sweet Escape.|
|MDMflow Milkshake swatches.|
|Gressa...making a serious impact in the green beauty game.|
- *Gressa Eye Tint Bronce: Stunning on every level, this radiant brown-meets-bronze is the latest formula in the venerable green beauty-focused Gressa Skin line (also reviewed HERE). Brimming with essential oils and 100% pure ingredients, this is organic make with extraordinary performance. I use a shadow brush to blend this shade along my upper lids and lower lash line for a radiant, warm brown effect that doesn't crease or migrate. Truly superb.
- *Gressa Eye Tint Aureo: A luminous golden sheen that makes for a perfect accent/browbone shade; it can also be built up to nearly full opacity if desired.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|More eyes and lips.|
- Clé de Peau Beauté Perfect Lash Mascara (reviewed HERE and also available at CdPB): Though not touted as waterproof, this stalwart formula resists humidity for full, dark lashes that don't quit until the mascara is removed. So good.
- *Buberry Effortless Kohl Eyeliner in Pale Grape #04 (reviewed HERE): A beautiful purple with a smooth texture that glides along the waterline with ease, this eyeliner stays in place for hours without smearing or fading and truly makes eyes pop.
- *Lise Watier Twist & Sharp Automatic Stylo in Suede: Self-sharpening and ultra creamy, this hydrating and pigmented lip liner in a lovely pinky nude is a standout from the luxurious Canadian Line, Lise Watier (also reviewed HERE).
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight; shirt from Nasty Gal + sunglasses by Chloe...
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this post and were inspired by the products discussed! In your experience, what are some makeup (and skincare) WE need to meet? Do please share with me and your fellow Beauty Professor readers!
Good things ahead including a foundation intensive, some more Tom Ford Soleil Collection and a host of new spring and summer launches...
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.