|Above: Shooting products in my backyard...always an adventure and a race against the setting of the sun.|
With Thanksgiving less than a week away, I am looking forward to some days off to catch up on some rest, some blogging and some lovely family time! In the rush of this month, however, I've had the chance to integrate a swath of new skincare and beauty products into my current routine and, while it's too soon to weigh in decisively, I wanted to share the details of my positive experiences thus far.
Kindly scroll on for more details and the Bottom Line...
|Above: The latest releases from NUDE Skincare.|
(1) NUDE Perfect Cleanse Omega Cleansing Jelly: I have sung the praises of the NUDE Skincare line (HERE and HERE) and am equally pleased with its latest releases. The cleansing jelly is silky and plush; when applied dry skin and rinsed with water, it removes every last trace of dirt and makeup. The NUDE Skincare ingredients are impeccable and this Omega 6 and 9 infused formula leaves my skin feeling balanced and nourished!
|Above: NUDE Perfect Cleanse has a silky, jelly-like consistency.|
(2) NUDE Detox: This Vitamin C-infused powder is a delightful way to exfoliate, even for sensitive skin. When mixed with a touch of water, the formula becomes frothy and effervescent and buffing it into one's visage is a sensory delight. Once rinsed off, my skin is smoother, softer and brighter; I've been using this three times a week for visible results.
|Above: NUDE Detox...powder + a bit of water = gentle exfoliation.|
(3) SK-II Cellumination Aurabright: I have already detailed my initial thoughts on this radiance serum HERE but couldn't create this post without mentioning it again. I'm nearly two weeks into trial and my face hasn't exhibited a single negative reaction...just soft, glowing skin. Love this!
|Above: SK-II Cellumination Aurabright...luminous packaging, radiant skin.|
(4) Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Treat + Transform Moisturizer: I ordered this back in August but it took me a few months to actually begin trying it. Although I don't use it everyday, the cooler weather has been a perfect time to integrate it into my routine. The cream is simply lovely...nourishing and instantly absorbed with a subtle rose scent, this imparts a unique glow that doesn't rely on shimmer. I have tried it as a makeup base and also have mixed it with Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge for extra hydration and love it in both roles. Can't wait to continue experimenting with this oft-buzzed about formula...
|Above: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream...subtle and luxurious.|
|Above: A heavy swatch of the Magic Cream...slightly white and just a touch glowy.|
(5) PMD Personal Microderm: This little device does it all...the spinning disc is effective for smoothing fine lines, exfoliating dead skin, unclogging pores and brightening the visage. I love that this model comes with a variety of disc options for targeted concerns and am looking forward to using this more frequently in the coming week since I'll have more time to pamper myself!
(6) Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo and Conditioner: This haircare pair (also discussed HERE) has been a staple for me this month...the shampoo cleans my long locks without drying them out and the ultra rich conditioner is to die for. All in all, my hair is left smooth, soft, healthy and bouncy...what else could a girl hope for?
|Above: Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo and Conditioner...entirely worth the splurge.|
|Above: My hair after a dose of Oribe.|
(7) Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation in Natural Beige #22: My Harrod's order arrived and I am as smitten with this version of the Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation as I was with the original (initially swatched HERE). Natural Beige #22 is still a perfect match for my NC 25 skin and the creamy, emollient formula creates a medium to full coverage look that looks refined and radiant. Full closeup (with swatches!) forthcoming.
|Above: Old and New...Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation...so glad it's still available.|
(8) Chantecaille Le Camouflage Stylo No. 3: This brand new click pen features a powerful formula to combat signs of fatigue above and below the surface. The concealer blends away darkness and imperfections (without creasing!) while simultaneously reducing puffiness and clinical trials showed that the regular usage (over 28 days) actually lessened the look of eye bags. My sleep deprived eyes will continue to use this and weigh back in soon...#3 is a perfect match to seamlessly blend with my NC 25 skin.
|Above: Chantecaille Le Camouflage Stylo in #3 for efficacy above and below the surface.|
|Above: #3 is a perfect match for NC 25 skin.|
(9) Burberry Sheer Luminous Compact Foundation in Trench No. 6: I don't know why it took me so long to try this powder but I am certainly glad to have it in my arsenal now. The texture is light and silky while still yielding magnificent creamy coverage. Trench #6 is a great match for my NC 25 skin and I love using this to set my makeup and touch up when necessary. It melds with the skin instantly, gives a poreless effect and keeps oil at bay for hours. I haven't yet worn this on its own as a powder foundation but plan on trying that soon and will report back on my experience. Adore this..more on Burberry soon!
|Above: The iconic plaid pattern is just the beginning of the beauty.|
|Above: The Burberry Sheer Luminous Compact Foundation has a generous mirror and separate compartment for the sponge applicator.|
|Above: Swatches of Trench #6 in direct sunlight.|
(10) By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Blush in No. 01 Platonic Blonde (available at Barney's NY and Space.NK): One of By Terry's most recent debuts, this ethereal wonder has magnificent pigmentation and an opulent satin finish that brings skin to life. Platonic Blonde may be the lightest shade offering, but the peachy pink shade is saturated with color and is sure to compliment a spectrum of skin tones from fair to medium-dark. I plan on doing a By Terry-centric post (to include this Platonic Blonde) very soon but in the meanwhile, I can confirm that this in an undeniably luxurious addition to my blush cache...highly recommended.
|Above: The By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Blush features a luxe metal compact and an insanely gorgeous quilted pattern...oh, and the blush is simply brilliant.|
|Above: A swatch of Platonic Blonde in direct sunlight...a divine peachy pink, no?|
(11) Bottega Veneta Knot Fragrance: The stunning golden bottle and gilded knotted top are only exclipsed by the delicious woodsy floral juice they contain. This fresh release came at the perfect time as it resonates so well with cooler weather. It is clean and warm, with bright citrus and rose bouncing off of the decadent musky vanilla undertones. This, along with Byredo Black Saffon, will be coming with me on my Thanksgiving travels.
|Above: Bottega Veneta Knot...golden sophistication for woodsy floral lovers.|
|Above: Spicy and warm, NEST Pumpkin Chai is the quintessential Winter fragrance for the home.|
(12) NEST Fragrances Pumpkin Chai Candle: When it cools down, I simply cannot burn candles quickly enough; they add a cozy warmth that makes my house feel homey in 10 seconds flat. The NEST candle in Pumpkin Chai is winter incarnate...aromas of pumpkin, spice and ginger are jubilantly set free by a single wick...I'll be stocking up!
|Above: Golden Girl is a soft peachy nude with creamy opacity.|
(13) Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick in No. 300 Golden Girl: I've had my eye on this delicate peachy nude since Guerlain released this stunning formula in late August. Now that it has entered my life, I couldn't be more pleased. The Kiss Kiss formula is marvelous...creamy, hydrating and buildable to nearly full opacity and Golden Girl is the lightest shade option (excellent for us nude lip lovers). Future FOTD with this shade soon!
|Above: The Kiss Kiss embossed bullet.|
|Above: A swatch of Guerlain Golden Girl in direct sunlight.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this overview and welcome your questions!
Have YOU tried any of the products discussed? Thoughts?
Good things head including more Burberry + By Terry, a FOTD, a fresh video and my Holiday Gift Guide, just in time for Black Friday ; )
Hope your weekend is marvelous...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** Some PR samples provided for review (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.