|Above: Skincare and beauty choices for my day at Disneyland.|
Summertime in Southern California is not complete without a requisite trip to Disneyland. Despite the August heat and hoards of visitors converging at the peak of travel season, the iconic atmosphere, abundant food, amusing rides and endless people watching (!) make the $100 ticket well worth the investment (memories for life...priceless). My family and I went earlier this week and, consequently, this post is dedicated to the skincare, beauty and style I strategically selected for the 14 hour day we spent at the park.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches
Because I knew the day would probably not afford any high-maintenance touchup moments, I chose a simple battery of skincare (just the basics to balance, hydrate and prime the skin) and long lasting, neutral beauty. I have had a copious amount of past experience with each of the products used, which guaranteed the predictability of their performance in a hot environment. Consequently, I would recommend this curated list to anyone seeking major longevity in their skincare and beauty!
SKINCARE: I pared it down to clean and simple for balanced skin and protected skin...this included:
- *Mia Moursi pH Balancing Toner (reviewed HERE)
- *Mila Moursi Dual Action Serum (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE)
- *La Prairie Eye and Lip Perfection A Porter (reviewed HERE)
FACE: I gave my base product choices some serious thought before deciding upon a portable cushion compact with SPF 50 (no need to bring additional sunscreen!) and neutral cheeks...this included:
- Sulwahsoo Perfecting Cushion #25 (reviewed HERE)
- A touch of the Stila Perfectly Poreless Putty Perfector in Medium (swatched below)...this incredible find adds coverage, blurs pores, mattifies and is amazing for a mid-day touchup. I have never tried anything like it and now don't know what I'd do without it...I implore you to give it a spin.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Beige (reviewed HERE)
- *Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Lumious Bronze (reviewed HERE) applied with my *Chikuhodo GSN 04 Brush...review HERE
- Visart Blush in Angora (reviewed HERE)
- Jouer Cream Eyeshadow in Chiffon as a highlighter (reviewed HERE)
- *Koh Gen Do Silky Moist Powder in #123 (reviewed HERE)
|Above: The Stila Perfectly Poreless Putty Perfector...a bouncy, ultra-thin, nearly-invisible, cream-to-powder formula that completely perfects skin. I like wearing over foundation or AS a foundation. Medium is good for N/NC 25-30 skin.|
|Above: Eye strategy.|
EYES: I embraced a slightly rosy neutral taupe look that wouldn't crease, fade, flake or smear...this included:
- Burberry Eye Color Cream in Pink Heather (reviewed HERE) applied with the *Oval Artis brush (reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Eyebrow Mascara #4 (reviewed HERE)
- *Guerlain Maxilash So Volume Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- Lashes curled with the Surratt Beauty Relevee Curler (reviewed HERE)
|Above: Lip strategy.|
LIPS: I chose a longlasting peachy pink lipliner and an ultra-hydrating, color-drenched lip balm that could be reapplied without a mirror...this included:
- Marc Jacobs Poutliner in Honeybun (reviewed HERE)
- Laura Mercier Lip Parfait in Amaretto Swirl (reviewed HERE)
|Above: Swatches of all products in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Style strategy.|
STYLE: I opted for maximum comfort and ease in the sweltering humidity...this included:
- LNA Bib Tank in Vintage Black...I have worn this countless times this summer and know it will continue to get a lot of use in the fall, especially underneath a sweater or light jacket.
- Freepeople Seamless Strappy Back Bralette in Raven...I have at least 7 of these bralettes.
- 3 x 1 Cutoff Shorts...I would buy them in every color if I could.
- Freepeople Stitch Detail Plaid Shirt in Black Combo (reviewed HERE)...one of my favorite purchases from the Nordstrom Sale.
- Nike Dunk Sky High Essential Hightops in Black...how many pairs of black hightops can one girl have? I'll always make room for one more!
The following images reflect all products in action first thing in the morning before heading for our 14-hour day...it was initially overcast but the sun came out in full force by noon:
|Above: Strategic beauty on the go...this was in my bag all day!|
WHAT I CARRIED in MY BAG: Everything I might need for a 14 hour day...I am pleased to say that nearly every single one of these products got used at some point!
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this Disneyland-inspired story! Whether you live nearby to the "Happiest Place on Earth" or not, the products discussed are collectively stellar for long days in warm and humid weather.
What are some of YOUR strategic beauty choices for an amusement park-type situation? Do share!
Good things ahead, including more foundation swatches and a host of new releases...stay tuned. Also, I am working my way through responding to your lovely comments and emails; thanks for your patience.
Have a marvelous Thursday...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.