|La Prairie Cellular Luxe Lip Enhancer in indoor lighting.|
When I bought the La Prairie Lip Enhancer at the start of summer, I mined the Internet for reviews of this product, which, as far as I can tell, has been around for many years. Much to my chagrin, I could not find nary a one post and decided that I would have to draw my own conclusions about this flesh-toned wonder. Retailing for $50, this lip enhancer may look extremely lackluster in the tube, however its ability to perfectly prime lips for lip color is amazing.
|Displaying its flesh-toned matte texture in direct sunlight.|
- It is not a lipstick (despite its nude hue)
- It is not an obvious moisturizer (it actually feels quite dry in texture)
- It is not anywhere near a gloss (in texture or finish)
In light of what it is not, you may be wondering why it is worth a $50 investment! I am the happy owner of this silver bullet because of all that it is.
- It is a smoothing primer for my lips prior to lip color application
- It is a product that locks in moisture...my prone-to-peeling lips just don't peel when I use this regularly!
- It is your lip color's best friend because it extends the life of your lip color and combats feathering exponentially
|A swatch of the lip enhancer in the shade.|
|The lip enhancer in direct sunlight...its thin, rather sheer texture makes it relatively imperceptible on the skin.|
|La Prairie Cellular Lux Lip Enhancer alone on the lips.|
Bottom Line: If you are looking for a lip product that can gently define the lip line, combat lip color feathering and bolster the staying power of your lip color (all without changing the tone and texture of your lip color formula) then look no further...the La Prairie Cellular Luxe Lip Enhancer is for you. I am glad that I stumbled upon it and now, after having watched it perform magnificently with all of my favorite lip color, keep it in my handbag at all times!