|Above: Pink, nude and leopard...few combinations on this great planet are more delightful.|
This teaching week has been rife with long hours and minimal sleep; that being said, I wanted to preliminarily share some products in the pink and nude family that have made getting ready in a rush a realistic achievement. As pictured above, they are:
- *Jouer Age Repairing Perfector Cream in Natural (reviewed HERE): I forgot how much I love the ease and wearability of this cream foundation. Applied with a damp Beauty Blender, it instantly evens my skin tone and lasts all day. The smooth, flawless finish ranks amongst the top cream compact formulas in my vast collection!
- By Terry Densiliss Concealer in #3 (reviewed HERE): Nothing covers undereye fatigue more naturally...so very worth it.
- *Surratt Beauty Expressioniste Brow Pencil in Brunette (reviewed HERE): Full, polished, groomed brows in mere seconds...my makeup bag is never without this magic wand.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (reviewed HERE): I am still riding the wave of this gorgeous drugstore mascara formula...two coats effortlessly creates long, dark, voluminous lashes.
- *Burberry Beauty Runway Spring/Summer 2015 Palette (also available for pre-order at Sak's...additional review forthcoming): This warm, rosy blush is a veritable work of art with a built in cream beige highlighter (in the cloud) for extra versatility. The way it sculpts and contours the cheeks is unequivocally divine.
- Dolce & Gabbana The Pressed Powder in #100 Natural Glow (also available at Saks): With only slightly less coverage than the original D & G Foundation powder, this finely-milled formula is excellent for setting the T-zone and mid-day touch ups. The finish is never powdery, rather, the skin takes on an ultra-smooth, poreless patina that simultaneously appears natural and perfected. Shade #100 Natural Glow is great for NC 20-NC 27 skin.
- Marc Jacobs (P)Outliner in Honeybun (reviewed HERE): The peachy pink opacity of this lush, long wearing formula pairs perfectly with pinks and nudes...perrenially in my possession these days.
- *Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Nude Pink (full review of multiple forthcoming): I am over the moon for this latest lip color formula from Burberry. Plush, color-saturated, buildable coverage with absolutely NO fragrance (or taste, for that matter). This, alone, is a massive improvement on the original, scented formula. The 28 shades (!) are hydrating, long lasting and have a slight sheen for juicy, healthy-looking lips. Nude Pink is a light (but not pale) pinky nude with a creamy finish and no shimmer. I find it to be quite a bit darker than Tom Ford Nude Vanille while marginally lighter than Tom Ford First Time. I absolutely adore Burberry Kisses and cannot wait to feature the rest of the shades I have!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches, images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Behold, the beauty of the Burberry S/S '15 Runway Palette.|
|Above: Initial swatches of the Burberry Runway Palette in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The finely-milled texture of the Dolce & Gabbana The Pressed Powder makes it perfectly apropos for setting makeup and mid-day touch ups. The accompanying velvet pouch and portable brush are pure luxury.|
|Above: A swatch of D&G Natural Glow #100 in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Burberry Kisses in Nude Pink. If you love nude pinks as I do, you need this in your arsenal.|
|Above: A swatch of Burberry Kisses Nude Pink in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect the products in action...I captured these photos after a long teaching day while en route to a speech competition:
|Above: Wearing a combination of Surratt Beauty Haute Chocolat and Dore eyeshadows on my lids...swatched and reviewed HERE.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this brief product feature...nudes and pinks never get old on Beauty Professor!
What are some of YOUR favorite nudes and pinks?
Good things ahead in this crazy, sleep-deprived Daylight Savings week, including a sunscreen feature, a Burberry Spring/Summer '15 close up (I promise), even more fresh products and a new foundation extravaganza! Now I just need an afternoon at home to finish everything and press "publish" ; )
Comments and emails forever in the midst of being addressed...thanks for your support!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterik (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.