|Above: The By Terry Densiliss Foundation comes in 10 shades and retails for $115.|
Upon hearing the news that the By Terry Densiliss Foundation recently debuted at my local SpaceNK, I promptly traipsed to the By Terry counter for a serious swatching session. Although I left with samples of both #4 and #7, as well as a full bottle of #7, I will exercise extreme restraint in this post and avoid offering my initial impressions other than to say that it appears to give glowy, medium coverage that lasts the whole day. This formula is currently available at Barney's NY, Space NK, Bloomingdales, Beauty.com and B-Glowing.
Here is what the By Terry website has to say about this formula...
The 1st wrinkle control and firming serum foundation scientifically proven and approved,that improves skin density, diminishes lines and simultaneously treats all signs of aging.
Terrybly Densiliss® combines a revolutionary patented rejuvenating active ingredient with an optimal makeup correction that immediately targets surface wrinkles and provides deep-down and lasting global result.
A genuine complexion rejuvenator, 50% skincare 50% makeup, for 100% anti-aging effectiveness.
- Mimetic Factor: A new active patented care which reduces lines and wrinkles and stops the loss of density of the skin. He acts in a biomimetic way against wrinkles.
- Flawless Time-Control complex: an association of 3 "powders-pigments" for a triple action on the skin:
- “Wrinkle Control” translucent powder: smoothing correction
- “Instant Rosy Glow” Prisms: instant healthy glow
- “Autofocus Affinity” powder: reduces flaws optical
|Above: Initial swatches of all 10 shades in indoor, fluorescent lighting.|
Shade Descriptions (in my experience):
1. Fresh Fair: Fair-light pinky beige for NW 10-15 skin tones.
2. Cream Ivory: Fair-light neutral beige for N/NC 10-15 skin tones.
3. Vanilla Beige: Light neutral beige for N 15-N 20 skin tones
4. Natural Beige: Light beige with yellow undertones for NC 20 skin tones.
5. Medium Peach: Light peachy beige for N/NW 25 skin tones.
6. Light Amber: Medium peachy beige for NW 27-30 skin tones.
7. Golden Beige: Light-medium golden beige for N/NC 25-27 skin tones.
8. Warm Sand: Medium to medium dark golden beige for NC 30-35 skin tones.
**There is a massive jump from Warm Sand to Intense Mocha!
9. Intense Mocha: Dark neutral beige for N/NW/NC 45-50 skin tones.
10. Deep Ebony: Rich, dark cocoa for N/NW/NC 50 + skin tones.
Scroll on for swatches of all ten shades in various lighting situations...
|Above: Swatches indoors, with a flash.|
|Above: Swatches of all 10 shades in the shade.|
|Above: Swatches of the first five shades in the shade.|
|Above: Swatches of the second five shades in the shade.|
|Above: Swatches of all 10 shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Swatches of the first five shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Swatches of the second five shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: I vacillated between #4 and #7 before finally settling on purchasing the #7. #4 is the equivalent of NC 20 (and thereby would be too pale for me right now) while #7 is more on par with NC 25 skin tones.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: Clearly, I haven't tried this long enough to provide a proper, comprehensively executed review, however, I can say with certainty that I have yet to be disappointed with a single By Terry product. The line is consistently reflective of immense quality...a harmonious synergy of skincare, color and performance. I will continue to test drive the Densiliss formula (in my current best match, #7 Golden Beige) this week and create an overview of my thoughts in the very near future. In the meanwhile, I hope this round of swatches is endlessly useful should you choose to order this foundation online, currently available at Barney's NY, Space NK, Bloomingdales, Beauty.com and B-Glowing.
Have you tried this formula yet? Thoughts?
--The Beauty Professor
**This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.