|Above: Last Tucson sunset...the sky looked like it was positively on fire!|
My recent travels to Tucson, Arizona inspired a obscene amount of packing. When it comes to filling a suitcase for a longer trip, I have never been conservative; I imagine every possible scenario and then pack accordingly, resulting in "luggage of a certain heft." Couple my propensity to overpack with my beauty blogging responsibilities and not only am I packing for my needs/wants, but also for the photography of items for future blog posts!
When repacking to leave, I decided to take pictures of the products that I actually used daily...no matter that this activity took place at 1AM (I like to be all packed up before departing in the morning...SO not a morning person!). I hope you find the images and product descriptions useful!
Kindly scroll on for itemized lists that correspond with each picture as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: My skincare essentials.|
1. NUDE Advanced Renewal Serum (reviewed HERE): This silky serum as my only night treatment five out of the nine evenings; it recharges dry skin and leaves me waking with a clear, dewy visage. Available at Sephora.
2. La Prairie Ice Crystal Cellular Swiss Dry Oil (reviewed HERE): I am proud to say that I finished this oil on the trip...it has often been my standalone nighttime skincare product and I deem it a completely worthy investment! Available at Neiman Marcus
3. LiftLab Skin Regeneration Purify and Clarify Cleanser and Mask (reviewed HERE): I love this incredible formula more with each passing day. As a cleanser, this removes absolutely everything and when left on the skin as a rich mask, my skin is left soft and refined. Even my husband adores this! Available at Neiman Marcus
4. Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE): This is my moisturizer, illuminator, primer and tinted skin booster...I use it everyday and cannot imagine life without it. Just finished my fifth (!) bottle on the trip. Available at Neiman Marcus.
5. Goldfaden MD Sunvisor SPF 30 Mist (reviewed HERE): My summer sunscreen of choice...love that it has physical protection and sprays on for a seamless, invisible finish that truly protects my skin. Available at Bloomingdales and Space NK
6. Amore Pacific Future Response Age Defense Eye Cream (reviewed HERE): I have the full sized product but opted to save space and bring a few sample packets. This day and night formula ranks amongst my top three eye creams as of late! Available at Neiman Marcus.
|Above: My cleansing options.|
1. Cle de Peau Beaute Eye Makeup Remover Sheets: These remove every trace of waterproof formulas (including stalwart eye makeup) gently and effectively...plus, they're perfect for travel. Available at Neiman Marcus.
2. Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water (reviewed HERE): I have used this cleanser daily for years...on a cotton pad (below) it supremely cleanses my skin in the morning, leaving it completely balanced. Available at Sephora (HERE and HERE) and B-Glowing.
3. Sephora Soft Touch Cotton Pads: Available at Sephora, these are my cotton pads of choice. I have tried a myriad of brands (both less and more expensive) and always come back to these.
|Above: Cannot do without these!|
1. Lady Speed Stick in Shower Fresh: I love this subtle scent and this formula is a longstanding favorite due to how well it works, especially in hot weather.
2. Reach Total Care Floss Clean Toothbrush: I will always floss daily, but appreciate that this toothbrush has a floss feature built in for extra cleansing. Although I use an electric toothbrush at home, I generally travel with a traditional toothbrush and this version is wonderful.
3. Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses (reviewed HERE): I've worn contacts for years and this is the most comfortable option around! I make sure to bring some back up pairs when I am traveling...just in case.
4. Schick Quattro Razor: I have gotten some magnificent milage from this particular razor...it's great for an ultra smooth shave.
5. Pantone Contact Lens Case: Picked this up when in Dallas...it's a permanent fixture in my travel bag.
|Above: Carefully-curated body and haircare.|
BODY + HAIRCARE:
1. ORGO Antioxidant Vitamin D3 Body Lotion: This rich, ultra-natural lotion was like magic on my desert-dry skin. It is all I used over the course of the entire trip and I adore the subtle sheen it lends to my skin.
2. Alterna Caviar CC Cream 10-in-1 Leave-in Hair Perfector (reviewed HERE): I had my fair share of tangles (desert sun + desert wind = a bird's nest of tangles) on this trip and this always took care of business, leaving me with smooth, manageable locks. Available at Neiman Marcus.
3. Bain de Soleil Orange Gelee: I picked this up on a whim and love its delicious scent and light SPF for decadent tanning time. It's a classic 1980's indulgence that still feels relevant today!
|Above: Makeup favorites.|
1. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Killer Cheekbones Bronze and Glow (reviewed HERE): I've been addicted to this contour + highlighting duo since purchasing it last month. It's a near perfect product.
2. Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation in #05 Natural (reviewed HERE): The way this foundation withstands heat and humidity is unreal and I adore the natural, medium to full coverage finish. I brought seven or eight formulas on the trip (all of which I love) and only used this one. Available at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom.
3. Beauty Blender: My foundation application mode of choice.
4. Kate Somerville IllumiKate Concealing Eye Cream in #2 Medium: I have just started experimenting with this eye cream-meets-concealer formula and I love its light texture and hydrating properties. Medium is a perfect match for my NC 27 skin and my mom uses the Light shade daily. Available at Nordstrom...full review soon.
5. Giorgio Armani Cheek Fabric in #503 Daybreak (reviewed HERE): This dusty beige peachy pink is so natural and looks amazing on the apples of the cheeks. I use it almost everyday.
6. Surratt Beauty Surrealist Concealer in #05 (reviewed HERE and swatches of all shades HERE): This concealer blends with the seamlessly; it is such a superb formula. #5 is befitting match for my summer skin and I will move to #4 in the winter months. Available at Barney's NY.
7. Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Powder in #2 (reviewed HERE): This smooth powder offers light coverage, combats shine and acts as a soothing anti-inflammatory. It was in my bag most days of the vacation!
1. Cle de Peau Eye Color Quad in #307 Starry Gaze (reviewed HERE): Although I adore many quads in this formula, I wore the golden-bronze Starry Gaze everyday. So easy, so luminous. Available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks.
2. Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in 030 Prune (reviewed HERE): This burgundy-tinged formula is a summer favorite. Available at Nordstrom
3. By Terry Eyebrow Mascara in #04 Dark Brown (reviewed HERE): I have relied upon this lovely purple tube to groom and enhance my brows all summer. It adds just enough color and hold to perfect the brows in seconds.
4. Hourglass 1.5MM Gel Eyeliner (reviewed HERE): Perhaps the most apt black liner on the market, this works wonders on the waterline and stays in put for hours on end. Magnifique! Available at Sephora
5. Hakuhodo Eyeshadow Brush (reviewed HERE): This little blender brush is my favorite for applying eyeshadow.
1. Seth Wegter Bags Snake Makeup Bag (reviewed HERE): I love my snake-stamped lambskin pouch to hold cosmetics with style and grace...plus, it is hand-constructed to stay standing up on the sink or dresser!
2. Sephora Formula X Nail Polish in Standout: This pale pinky beige looks great with a tan.
3. Jenny Patinkin Flat/Fluffy Cheek Brush (reviewed HERE): My brush of choice for applying contour, highlighter and blush.
5. Jenny Patinkin Taupe Brush Holder (reviewed HERE): This not only protects my brushes but also holds my Peau Vierge...its a marvelous case.
6. Sephora Eyebrow Touch Up Razor Set: Wonderful for keeping the brow area clean, the precision head shaves gently and effectively. My mom and I buy a pack of two every couple of months.
1. Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lip Color in Fall in Rose: This warm rose shade comes in an exquisite black case and is ever-so-moisturizing on the lips. Full review soon. Available at Neiman Marcus
2. Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Color in 60's Pink: Available at Nordstrom, Sephora and Neiman Marcus
3. Cle de Peau Lip Color in #111 (included HERE): New for the Fall 2014 Collection, this is a gleaming nude pink with a delicate finish. So very gorgeous. Full review soon.
4. Buxom Lip Gloss in Sophia (mentioned HERE): I love this uniquely mauve-tinged pink and the tingling formula really does seem to plump up the lips.
5. NARS Lip Color in Pago Pago: Newly procured, this pearly beige-meets-pink-meets-peach is soft and glowing. So glad I bought it...full review soon. Available at Sephora Nordstrom and Barney's NY
1. Rose Gold Victoria Collar Cameo Necklace: I picked this up in Tombstone, AZ at one of my favorite shops; it has a small but mighty case of eclectic antiques and estate pieces and this is a choice I do not regret. I have worn this unique piece daily since procuring it.
2. Golden Bullet Pocket Knife: I found this charming little knife at a small general store and promptly picked one up for my husband as well. It fits perfectly in my purse and will also be great for opening mail and packages!
1. Evian Small Water Bottle: This bottle is the perfect size for my nightstand and I refill it regularly.
2. By Terry Baume de Rose 10 Year Anniversary Edition (reviewed HERE): My lip balm of choice, this is magnificent under lipstick or as a slightly-glossy, rose-scented standalone. Believe the hype.
3. Amore Pacific Time Response Intensive Hand Renewal Creme (reviewed HERE): Just a drop of this highly-concentrated formula adds extreme moisture to my hands and cuticles...so good.
4. Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy: This nightly treatment is still in the testing phase but so far I am loving how soft and line-less it makes my lips.
1. Helen Kaminsky Mita Raffia Visor (reviewed HERE): This sun hat is permanently glued to my head when at the pool...I love that it allows my head to breathe while supremely protecting my face from the sun! Available at Nordstrom.
2. Oliver Peoples Gold Aviators (reviewed HERE and HERE): Since picking these up in June, my other glasses have been sorely neglected. They are so light and comfortable that I often forget that I have them on! Available at Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom.
|Above: A typical look for the trip.|
THE TYPICAL LOOK:
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2
- Goldfaden MD SPF 30
- Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation in #5 Natural
- Kate Somerville IllumiKate Eye Concealer in Medium
- Surratt Beauty Surrealist Concealer in #5 (where needed)
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronze + Glow
- Giorgio Armani Cheek Fabric in #503 Daybreak
- Cle de Peau Eye Color Quad #307 Starry Gaze
- Hourglass 1.5 MM Gel Eye Liner
- By Terry Eyebrow Mascara in #04 Dark Brown
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in 030 Prune
- Guerlain Kiss Kiss in Fall in Rose
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Powder #2 to set everything
|Above: A typical outfit for exploring the desert.|
- Helmut Lang Tank
- Top Shop Rosa Moto Shorts
- All Saints Ziegler Flannel Shirt
- Minnetonka Bisbee Sandal
|Above: These sandals are not only delightfully unique...they are also extremely comfortable!|
|Above: A closeup of the detailed beadwork on my new Minnetonkas.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: In light of how much I packed (such is the liberty of driving, rather than flying), it is alarming how relatively little of it I used daily. I hope you found this post entertaining and would love to hear about YOUR packing essentials!
I have so many exciting reviews slated for the coming days...will finally get the chance to properly address your lovely emails and comments early this week.
--The Beauty Professor
**Some PR samples provided for review (the majority bought by me) however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.