|Above: Rusts and browns from Chanel and Tom Ford. On a side note, this biography of Jean Seberg is magnificent.|
I recently felt inspired to do a makeup look that is antithetical to the typical summer beauty fare (e.g., bronzed skin, bold, watercolor eyes and bright, tropical lips); motivated by the subdued plums and rusts of my favorite season (fall, of course), I curated some key products (none of which are limited edition!) to assist in this aim.
Kindly scroll on for images, product details, swatches and the Bottom Line...
|Above: The look.|
|Above: Something about this collection of products made me want to keep taking pictures.|
|Above: An aerial shot.|
|Above: This mascara is endlessly photogenic, no?|
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (as a moisturizer and primer...reviewed HERE)
- Napoleon Perdis Stroke of Genius Foundation in Look #3 (with a touch of #2B to lighten...formula reviewed HERE)
- A soft application of Daniel Sandler Sculpt and Slim (reviewed HERE) for contour
- A touch of Armani Cheek Fabric #503 Daybreak (reviewed HERE) on the apples of my cheeks
- A wash of Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Fatal over entire lid and swept along the lower lash line
- Three coats of Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in 030 Prune (a deep burgundy...reviewed HERE)
- A touch of Tom Ford lipstick in Vanilla Suede along my brow bones and upper cheek bones as an impromptu highlighter (reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Brow Mascara in #04 Dark Brown to groom and define brows
- A mixture of Tom Ford Spanish Pink (reviewed HERE) and Vanilla Suede lipstick on the lips
- A light dusting of the Eve Lom Sheer Radiance Powder (reviewed HERE) to remove shine and set the look
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Swatches in the shade.|
|Above: The eye look...three products only.|
|Above: Chanel's Illusion d'Ombre in Fatal is a shimmering light plummy brown.|
|Above: Tom Ford Spanish Pink + Tom Ford Vanilla Suede on the lips for the perfect soft and muted rust.|
Below: The full look in natural lighting...
I hope your weekend is off to a marvelous start...good things ahead on BP!
--The Beauty Professor
**Some PR samples provided for review (the rest bought by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.