As many of us, I am spending the moments preceding Thanksgiving in the midst of travel and today I managed to capture my makeup look for the day; streamlined and clean, it involves a balanced base (that holds up during major hours in the car), a gleaming rose golden eye and nude pink lips that utilize a host of recent product discoveries and classic favorites.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches, style notes and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|The complete look.|
|Face + Base.|
// FACE + BASE //
- I started by applying the Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion #25 (reviewed HERE)
- I added a touch of the La Mer Concealer in Medium (reviewed HERE) to brighten my under eye region.
- A sweep of the By Terry Sun Designer Palette #2 (reviewed HERE) for contour, warmth and blush. I am just about to start using my backup compact as this one is nearly empty...I love it that. much.
- I used my *Surratt Beauty Highlight Brush (also available at Space NK) to apply a dash of the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Sunlight (reviewed HERE) and *Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (reviewed HERE) along the high points of my face.
- I finished my complexion with a dusting of the Laura Mercier Candleglow Powder in #2 (reviewed HERE) to add glow, evenness and a slightly matte finish.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Eyes + Lips.|
// EYES + LIPS //
- *Touch in Sol Metallists Liquid Foil and Glitter Eye Duos in Eldora and Adelio (reviewed HERE): These duos are superb...the foil effect is smooth and crease-resistant and the glitter topper is finely milled enough to stay in place for hours. I love mixing the reddish bronze Adelio with the ultra gold Eldora for a rose gold result.
- *Tom Ford Fiber Brow in Taupe (reviewed HERE): Still my favorite brow product to date, this grooms, polishes and fills in sparse areas in seconds and lasts until you take it off.
- *Kaplan MD Lipliner in Nautral (reviewed HERE): A perfect nude pink, this lip liner is creamy, water-resistant and matches all of my nude lipstick hues; it's totally worth the pursuit.
- *GrandLASH Mascara: I've been experimenting with this mascara for a week or so and love the dark, volumized and lengthen effect it imparts. I will continue using it to chart the lash nourishing element and weigh back in next month!
- *Nude Envie Lipstick in Mesmerize: This sublimely curated nude lip color line features seven different nude shades to compliment a spectrum of skin tones. I adore the pinky nude cream finish of Mesmerize and my lips appreciate its hydrating formula and plush feel. Peruse Nude Envie for nude lip color that is fresh and flattering.
- *Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Lacquer in #507 (reviewed HERE): Constantly within an arm's reach lately, this shiny baby pink has enough opacity to be worn alone, but looks lovely over all of my pinks and nudes. Part stain, part gloss, this formula is divine and this shade is fast becoming a favorite.
|Nude Envie Mesmerize.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Travels with Jethro.|
// STYLE NOTES //
- Topshop Kane Satin Bomber Jacket: I picked this extra warm topper up on a whim and love its rich green hue and faux fur collar. Currently, the jacket is 45% off, making it an insane deal.
- Ragdoll LA Vintage Terry Sweatshirt: Simple and classic, this sweatshirt can be dressed up or dressed down (I've done both thus far)...every Ragdoll LA purchase I've made is in heavy rotation in my wardrobe as of late.
- AG Phoebe Jeans: Gently ripped to perfection with a slim boyfriend fit, these super soft jeans look great with ankle boots.
- Gucci Liza Booties (taller version available at Gucci): These boots were my Christmas splurge last year and I couldn't be happier with them...they are chic, timeless and extremely comfortable.
- Vintage Cartier Necklace (similar versions HERE): Vintage, gold and Cartier...that is my jewelry trifecta of perfection! I love that The Real Real always has unique finds that fit that criteria!
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this easy to achieve Face of the Day and would love to know which products caught your eye!
As we edge into Thanksgiving, I would like to affirm that I am truly grateful for you, dear readers. Your kindness, support, ideas, suggestions and loyalty over the nearly five years that Beauty Professor has been in existence is something I deeply treasure. Thank you, from my heart!
Good things ahead, including my Black Friday and Cyber Monday Shopping Guides, a travel beauty feature and a host of new product procurements...
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.