Today, I offer you a glimpse at 17 marvelous beauty + skincare products I've been loving as of late; the week has been rife with responsibilities so I forewarn you, this post is light on words but heavy on sentiment (and images, of course)!
Kindly scroll on for more details and swatches as well as the Bottom Line...
// Fragrance //
Astutely describing fragrance is not generally my wheelhouse; I am, however, particular about what I wear and prefer to sum up my choices in a few key words...here they are:
(1) *Paco Rabanne Olympia: Citrus meets vanilla, this fragrance has a classic yet unique appeal that works well in warm weather.
(2) Byredo Mojave Ghost (reviewed HERE): Violet and sandalwood with a musky, fruity twist, I wear this every other day of the week...adoration doesn't even begin to describe my affinity for this juice!
(3) *Aerin Mediterranean Honeysuckle (also available at Nordstrom): A single spray transports me to a sunbaked Italian terrace, entwined with vines and sweet flowers and graced with view of the sea. Bergamot, jasmine and gardenia play off notes of mandarin for a fresh and summery scent.
(4) Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee (reviewed HERE): Lush vanilla with an unexpectedly cool finish, this fragrance never ceases to lift my spirits.
(5) Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (reviewed HERE): Luxurious and decadent, this is all at once sweet and musky, clean and mysterious, wearable and memorable, timeless and entirely contemporary. I own nothing like it...truly an original.
(6) *Maison Martin Margiela Replica Flower Market: Bursting with the intoxicating aroma of fresh cut flowers (sans the sneeze inducing allergens!), this is every floral lover's dream come true.
(7) *CK2: Woodsy and rich with a clean dry down, this is apropos for both men and women...timeless yet modern.
// LIPS //
(8) *Le Metier de Beaute Waterproof Lip Liner in Nylon (reviewed HERE): I have almost finished this gloriously neutral lip pencil; creamy, pigmented and authentically waterproof, Nylon performs impeccably with my pinky nude lip colors.
(9) Gucci Audacious Color Intense Lipstick in Magnolia Pink: A perfectly flattering cool and creamy pearl pink, this lipstick is hydrating and divinely pretty...it's perennially in my purse!
(10) *Elizabeth Arden Sunset Bronze Prismatic Lip Gloss in Midnight Kiss: Utterly gleaming with a duo-chrome effect, this gloss is smooth, silky and undeniably sultry for summer. Midnight Kiss is a lustrous yet muted fuchsia pink.
(11) Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani #101: This lush medium taupy nude brown has an iridescent shift that looks gorgeous over lip liner (like Nylon) and lasts for hours. I bought it on a whim and couldn't be happier with the outcome!
|Armani #101, Elizaeth Arden Sunset Bronze Midnight Kiss lip gloss, Gucci Magnolia Pink, Le Metier de Beaute Nylon.|
|Gucci Magnolia Pink in direct sunlight.|
// FACE //
(12) *Kiehl's Tumeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque: True story...a couple of weeks ago, I had a little breakout due (I think) to an adverse reaction to a product I tried and this mask helped to completely heal my skin within a day or two. It brightens, smoothes and tightens with every treatment...I am impressed.
(13) *Decorte Powder Foundation #303 Warm Beige (discussed HERE): I cannnot get enough of this extra silky foundation powder; it has earned a permanent place in my handbag! Full swatch-heavy feature coming up soon.
(14)*Sisley Paris Sisleya L'Integral Anti-Age Cream: A decadent indulgence, indeed, this rich cream targets all signs of aging (lines, sagging, fatigue and uneven skin tone) for noticeably improved skin upon waking. I am now on jar #2 of this gem and find myself gravitating towards its nourishing properties when the air is hot and dry (as it is currently in Southern CA).
(15) Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation #123 (reviewed HERE): I am finally on to tube #2 of this cult favorite (which is a major feat for this foundation-phile) and appreciate it as much as I did 2 years ago! With buildable coverage and an extremely natural, HD finish, there is truly nothing like it on the market.
(16) *Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder: Gossamer light and completely translucent, I've been loving this to set concealer in my under eye region.
|Swatches of the Laura Mercier Powder, DECORTE Powder #303 and Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation #123.|
// EYES //
(17) Chloe Nerine Sunglasses: I've been on a bit of a sunglasses kick lately and this stunning pair from Chloe recently rounded out my splurging. With a classic round shape and thin leather trim, this light and comfortable pair are my go-to when I am seeking a chic and sophisticated look.
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this list of 17 beauty and skincare discoveries and would love to know what caught YOUR eye? Do tell!
What are your plans for the impending weekend?
Good things ahead, including a foundation-feature and a host of new product procurements!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.