I hope your week is off to a marvelous start! I just returned from a whirlwind trip to the beautiful island of Bermuda and, in the midst of jet lag and a crazy busy work week, wanted to share some of my travel essentials upon which I relied heavily. Although I packed much more than what's pictured, I found that these products were always within constant reach on my hotel vanity, in my beach bag and, of course, in my handbag for the evenings thereby mandating distinction. Also, I am excited to share an introduction to the hotly-anticipated Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette (sign up for access on Beautylish) with a bevy of swatches!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
My most-used travel beauty + skincare selections were as follows:
- BOSE Noise Cancelling Headphones...there may be no better friend on an airplane than these plush and posh headphones; the noise-cancelling feature is invaluable and they almost make me forget there's coughing man on one side of me and a crying baby on the other! So worth it.
- *La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Transforming Cream in Nude...this gorgeous tinted skincare offers medium coverage, SPF protection and a stunning, lasting finish. I am competely in love with this opulent hybrid product...full swatch-heavy, closeup review forthcoming!
- By Terry Sun Designer in Light + Tan Vibes (reviewed HERE)...I have used this constantly since buying it last month and will be buying a back up of this utilitarian gem.
- Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Concealer...brightens the undereyes without creasing or budging. I bought this on a whim and am so glad I did!
- *DECORTE Powder Foundation in Warm Beige (to be reviewed soon)...I am wildly impressed with the DECORTE line, recently launched stateside exclusively at Saks. The powder foundation has an otherwordly smoothness that makes the skin look its best all day. Full review of the DECORTE base products coming up on BP soon.
- SK-II Mid-Day Essence (reviewed HERE)...always in my purse and forever refreshing my skin, both in and post-flight and throughout the day.
- Beauty Blender (reviewed HERE)...there's nothing better to achieve a flawless foundation finish.
- *8 Greens...8G Essential Greens Booster is a tasty, ffervescent tablet with nine calories per tablet that packs a nutritional punch. One tablet has as much vitamin C as five oranges, as much vitamin B5 as 20 cups of broccoli, as much vitamin B3 as 18 cups of carrots, as much B6 as seven cups of lima beans, as much B12 as nine cups of milk and as much zinc as 10 cups of asparagus. It contains Spinach, Wheatgrass, Kale, Blue green algae, Spirulina, Chlorella, Barley grass and Aloe vera and I loved knowing that I was able to effortlessly get green nutrients in a single tablet, even while in another country!
- *Surratt Prismatique Eyes in Neutral Eyes (reviewed HERE)...constantly sold out at Sephora, I am so glad that this brown and rose gold combination is still readily available at Net-A-Porter...I will never be without this eyeshadow wonder.
- *By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bubble Glow (reviewed HERE)...swept along the lower lashline, this baby pink shade adds an alert effect to tired eyes and looks lovely with all eyeshadow color schemes.
- *IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara (reviewed HERE)...almost finished with my tube, I'll need a new one soon...it's that good.
- *Youngblood Cream Blush in Champagne Life...a gleaming champagne pink, this creamy formula glides on cheeks and the high points of the face for a lit-from-within look that looks impeccably glowy and fresh.
- *Darphin Beauty Revealing Eye and Lip Contour Cream...this latest release from Darphin targets the sensitive eye and lip area to deliver intense hydration while smoothing fine lines and evening out discoloration. The diminutive bottle is purse and bedside-friendly and the results are face-friendly!
- *Hourglass Panoramic Lip Liner in Eden (reviewed HERE)...extremely long lasting with remarkable color-payoff, this lip liner is virtually waterproof and looks marvelous with a spectrum of nude and pink lip color shades.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Color Core Lipstick in Bondi Beach (reviewed HERE)...creamy, pigmented and universally flattering, this mauvy nude is a LMdB classic. Try it...you won't regret it.
- *Jouer Long-Wear Lip Creme in Citronade Rose (reviewed HERE)...worn over Hourglass Eden and LMdB Bondi Beach, this rounds out my trusty trio lip mix as of late. Perennially in my purse, his shade, in particular, is my absolute favorite in this high-performance formula.
- *Travalo Atomizer filled with Byredo Mojave Ghost (reviewed HERE)...this atomizer is so easy to fill and completely travel safe. Of course, I had to fill it with the unique and demure Mojave Ghost...I never tire of the fragrance.
- *Smith & Cult Nail Lacquer in Feathers and Flesh...this caramel nude pink perfects nails while looking entirely natural and the formula lasts for days without chipping.
- Dior Chicago 2 Strass Aviators (reviewed HERE)...both classic and modern, these fit the face like a dream and offer immense sun protection. A worthy splurge, indeed.
|Close up details.|
|The 8 Greens is one of my latest favorites for a shot of health in a single tablet.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The Luma Brush.|
The only hair styling product I brought on the trip was the *Luma Brush; this revolutionary tool smoothes and straightens hair in minutes for the silkiest hair imaginable. I find that it tames my often tangled hair and adds a glossy managability that lasts the day.
Since I wash my hair and often go to bed with it wet, I wake up with dents that are, thankfully, quickly combatted by this brush...truly, I only need five minutes to make my hair look like I've spent nearly an hour on it. I've learned that there is nothing like a time-saving hot brush for incredibly lush hair!
The following candid images reflect all products in action at various points during my trip...
|Hourglass Eden, Le Metier de Beaute Bondi Beach and Jouer Citronade Rose on the lips.|
|Dior sunglasses for the win.|
|By Terry Light and Tan Vibes on the face...I'll be picking up a backup.|
|The Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette.|
Finally, I am over the moon to share preliminary details and a host of swatches of the brand new *Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette (also, sign up for access on Beautylish)! This all-inclusive gem includes three eye shades, a bronzer, two blushes and a highlighter for a full face in mere seconds.
I have been experimenting with it for the past week and am utterly smitten by the buttery smooth color payoff of the formula as well as the face-flattering nature of the hues. This palette is particularly masterful in rushed situations...I simply use a single eyeshadow brush to layer and blend the three eye shades and a cheek brush to add warmth, flush and highlight for one of the most low-maintenance, high-polish outcomes possible. I will be doing a follow up post with a dedicated beauty look in the very near future...in the meanwhile, I would try to get my hands on this treasure!
|Seven versatile shades in a single palette.|
Official details, courtesy of Charlotte Tilbury:
The NEW! natural, glowing look in a palette enriched with, radiance-enhancing, color-correcting magic ingredients. - it's the look that suits every woman and enhances the colors that nature has naturally blessed you with. An all-in-one, beauty palette that EVERY WOMAN NEEDS in her beauty kit for DAY TO EVENING makeup! You don’t need to give me an hour to feel the full force of my makeup magic. Just give me 5 minutes and I can show you how to get an instant, naturally gorgeous look. I have been working on this look for years and use on clients for anything from runway to the big day. It is the perfect a chic, effortless look on-the-go.
Including 7 of my makeup secrets for a natural-looking You-but-Better:
1. Eye Brighten: A youthful brightening eye shadow in a color correcting , brightening pale rose hue to prime the surface of the eyelid for an all-day application.
2. Eye Enhance: Adds a dreamy dimension to the eye lid in a natural glowing champagne shade that illuminates the eyelid.
3. Eye Smoke: For softly defined eyes in a universally flattering taupe shade, that can be built up to a very natural smokey eye.
4. Face Bronzer: To define the cheekbone hollows, jawline and nose shape in an all-natural, all skin tone bronze color in my best-selling Filmstar Bronze & Glow formula.
5. Cheek Swish: For a healthy, happy glow in a tea rose hue to be applied on the apple of the cheek and blended out.
6. Cheek Pop: For a natural lit-from-within glow, an uplifting pretty pink to be applied to the apple of the cheeks.
7. Face Highlighter: Candlelight for the skin in a candlelit shade to be applied to the outer C-section of the cheekbones, down the nose, on the bow of the lips and inner corners of the eyes.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in outdoor shade.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight with a flash.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Last day in paradise...Freepeople low back tank, Rag and Bone Dre Jeans + Miz Mooz Shay Wedges.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this travel beauty and skincare feature and found the product choices interesting and inspiring. What are some of YOUR non-negotiables when packing for a trip?
Also, the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette (you can also sign up for access on Beautylish) is as magnificent as one would expect it to be...as aforementioned, I will be showcasing an everyday look with this palette in the very near future!
Good things ahead, including a foundation feature, a skincare overview and a host of new product procurements...
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.