|Above: Armour Beauty V Gloss in Audrey.|
Armour Beauty, created by the brilliant Theo Kogan, has a singular specialty: lip gloss. In a world of brands with expansive product skews and constant seasonal collection releases, this laser sharp focus on one ubiquitous product is refreshing. I have discussed my love for the line many times over (HERE, HERE and HERE) and today I am excited to share the latest from Armour...the *V Gloss in Audrey.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of Audrey (as well as the new ARDENCY INN Modster Easy Ride Eyeliner) in action...
|Above: Deeply pigmented, the Audrey V Gloss yields opaque coverage in one coat.|
Inspired by the humanitarian goodwill and iconic beauty of Audrey Hepburn, the Audrey V gloss is a rich, pigment-saturated rose pink with cool mauve undertones and no shimmer. The "V" label denotes a few key guarantees including:
- Ingredients rich in natural oils and butters to moisturize and protect lips...shea butter, avocado, mango seed, olive butters, grape seed oil and Vitamin E.
- A vanilla/grapefruit scent
- Vegan, paraben free, gluten free and completely cruelty free distinctions
- Natural based, long-wearing performance
Although Audrey is a touch darker than shades I usually gravitate towards, I find it to be a refeshingly bright and cheerful. Paired with a simple cat eye and a gently-bronzed complexion, it works well as the central zone of focus!
From a formula perspective, the Armour Beauty V Gloss is slightly sticky but all together very manageable...I prefer a bit of tack in my lip glosses; when they are too silky, they tend to slide all over the place, leading to imprecise lines and disappointing lasting power. Conversely, Audrey's longevity is as impressive as all other Armour Beauty glosses I've experienced. One swipe creates hydrating, opaque coverage that comfortably lasts for 5-6 hours without touchups!
If you haven't yet tried Armour Beauty glosses, I implore you to consider doing so...especially if you prefer long lasting opacity as I do.
|Above: Audrey at the Limekiln Bridge on Highway 1.|
|Above: A swatch of Audrey in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Audrey is a medium, slightly cool toned rose pink with no shimmer and plenty of pigment.|
|Above: One coat of Armour Beauty Audrey V Gloss.|
|Above: Products used for the look below.|
For the full look that below, I used the following products:
- Gucci Face Lustrious Glow Foundation in 060...semi-radiant coverage suitable for NC 25 skin (reviewed HERE)
- *MustaeV Face Architect in Sihouette...a light true brown for gentle warmth and contouring (reviewed HERE)
- *La Prairie Cellular Cream Blush in Peach Glow...tapped onto the apples of my cheeks (reviewed HERE)
- *La Prairie Cellular Treatment Eye Colour in Quartz...this soft light peachy tan shade with tender shimmer makes for an excellent base under liquid liner.
- *ARDENCY INN Modster Easy Ride Eyeliner...endlessly smooth and ultra jet black, this liquid liner glides on with precision to create everything from a whisper thin tightline to a gorgeously bold winged look (which I opted for).
- *Urban Decay Naked 24/7 Glide On Double Ended Eye Pencil in Zero and Whisky...I used the lush black Zero side to line my lower water line for a bit more emphasis.
- *Guerlain Maxilash So Volume Mascara...two coats for a false lash effect (reviewed HERE).
- *Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Silky Moist Powder in 123...to set my T-zone; this powder is phenomenal (reviewed HERE).
- Tan shoulders courtesy of *Hampton Sun Tanning Mist...so fast, easy and natural looking (reviewed HERE).
|Above: The Ardency Inn Modster Easy Ride Liquid Liner has a precise applicator for beautiful lines and a formula that does not smear or flake.|
|Above: Ardency Inn Modster Easy Ride Eyeliner creates a smooth and precise liquid line that doesn't budge once it sets.|
|Above: A collision of style and grace...Audrey.|
|Above: Swatches of all products in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect the prouducts in action...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: Both the Armour Beauty V Gloss in Audrey and Ardency Inn Modster Easy Ride Eyeliner are lovely additions to my collection due to their versatility, extremely effective performance and individual abilities to create a modern yet classic look. Have YOU tried anything from either line? Thoughts?
Good things ahead including a hair-centric post, an overview of some of the vitamins/supplements I currently take and new product procurements a plenty!
Have a beautiful rest of the weekend and please let me know in the comment box how your summer is going thus far...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR sample provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish contenth and/or photos without author's written permission.