|Above: Stilazzi...resplendent in the sunshine.|
Happy Monday, lovelies! After last week's episode with Jethro (discussed HERE), I would like to close the book on the last 7 days forever ; ) To briefly update, Jethro continues to get better with each passing day; I am most certain he would like to banish the cone he is wearing for the next 10 days, but all in all, he is healing with remarkable speed.
Today, I am excited to discuss a new (to me) beauty retailer called Frends Beauty. Located in Los Angeles, this emporium features an impressive collection of professional makeup artist supplies (from Kevyn Aucoin to Koh Gen Do), including its own in-house brand, Stilazzi. After becoming familiarized with both Frends Beauty and Stilazzi at IMATS LA last month, I had the opportunity to try some key items from the line, which I shall share with you in this post.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action...
|Above: Stilazzi synthetic brushes in Dual Fiber DF105, S124 and S123|
The Stilazzi Matte Eyeshadows, Matte Blushes and Pearl Eyeshadows are all intensely pigmented and cruelty free. Additionally, they come in a vast spectrum of shades that make creating a customized look entirely easy. I love how finely-milled the formulas are; they apply smoothly and have little to no fallout.
Additionally, they wear without creasing and cost $3 each. I assure you, that wasn't a typographical error...they are truly and unequivocally $3 each...this makes experimenting with textures and shades an extremely viable enterprise, no?
|Above: Stilazzi Matte and Pearl Eyeshadows and Matte Blushes in direct sunlight.|
- Matte Blush 05: A soft, pale peachy pink...I applied this to the apples of my cheeks.
- Matte Shadow 38: A mid-toned taupe...I applied this to the crease on my upper lids.
- Pearl Shadow 37: A deep sable brown with complex shimmer...I applied this to the crease on my upper lids.
- Matte Blush 19: A tan-meets-rosewood with a neutral undertone, this matte blush shade is perfect to create subtle contour (as I did in the images that follow).
- Matte Shadow 17: This matte, slightly gold-leaning cream tone is excellent to highlight the brown bone and upper cheek bones without adding shimmer to the face (as I did below). In my opinion, there are times when a matte highlighter feels wildly fresh and modern.
- Pearl Shadow 43: A warm, shimmering mustard-meets-rust shade that I blended up to my brows. I love the glimmer on this particular hue.
- Pearl Shadow 27: A shimmering peachy rust that makes for a beautiful, all-over shade (as demonstrated in the images below).
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight (with a flash)...each swatch is but one swipe of the product, thereby demonstrating the saturated pigment of these formulas.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight (without a flash).|
The following images reflect the Stilazzi products in action in various lighting situations...
Other products worn include:
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE)
- NARS All-Day Weightless Luminous Foundation in Santa Fe (reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Densiliss Concealer #3 (reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Mascara Terrybly in Black Parti-Pris (reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Eyebrow Mascara in Dark Brown (reviewed HERE)
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Liner in Pillow Talk (reviewed HERE)
- Anastasia Liquid Lip Color in Pure Hollywood (reviewed HERE)
|Above: I started with a base of PS 27 on upper lids and lower lashline and blended a bit of PS 37 and MS 38 at the crease for depth, following with a touch of PS 43 up to the brow bone.|
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this new brand profile...do trust that I am constantly on the hunt for new and interesting beauty lines and Stilazzi is no exception! I am quite enamored with the selection at Frends Beauty and cannot wait to leave this computer screen to visit the store in person sometime in the near future. In the meanwhile, one can order directly at www.frendsbeauty.com!
Good things ahead including a special Beauty Professor event announcement for LA locals, new product procurements and a, dare I say it, February Favorites video. Where does the time go?
xx and may the start of your week be a lovely one,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterik (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.