|Above: Products to create a super subtle nude look.|
This past weekend, I was gifted with the treat of sticking close to home; this relaxed time enabled me to catch up on some work, run a round of errands and preliminarily celebrate my husband's birthday. I also managed to pick up a new drugstore foundation (on a whim!) that inspired me to create a super subtle nude look, featured in this post.
Kindly scroll on for details on the foundation and images of the subtle look as well the Bottom Line...
|Above: My first drugstore foundation in ages...this formula is impressive.|
The L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation caught my eye due to its streamlined packaging (I have a penchant for squeeze tubes...so apropos for the handbag) and boast of 24 hour performance. A quick perusal of mostly favorable Makeup Alley reviews was just the catalyst I needed to toss shade #105 Natural Beige into my cart of (mostly) household essentials. I have since tried this foundation three times and each trial has yeilded favorable results!
- Offers medium to full coverage; Natural Beige is an extremely suitable match for NC 25-27 skin tones
- Smooths onto skin without an overly "silicon-y" finish (I apply with a dampened beauty blender
- Is completely unscented (magnifique!)
- Blurs pores and fine lines and doesn't sink into either as the day wears on...it also doesn't exhibit any oxidation
- Has a satin-matte finish that doesn't look flat; however, it dries down matte enough to not require powder to set
- Has remarkable lasting power (8-10 hours with little to no touchups). I am not in the market to test the purported 24 hour longevity of this formula (I like to sleep at some point) but its wear time, in my experience, is formidable.
- In terms of texture, finish and wear reminds me most of the Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation...this is an excellent drugstore alternative.
I am often asked to suggest drugstore options on par with my favorite high-end foundations (Shu Uemura! Sensai! Dolce and Gabbana! Tom Ford!) and I am thrilled to be able to recommend the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation for those seeking an affordable formula that offers medium to full coverage and a satin matte finish!
|Above: Shade #105 Natural Beige is a great match for NC 25-27 skin.|
|Above: The full ingredients list...remarkably short, no?|
|Above: A swatch of Natural Beige in outdoor lighting.|
To build the look that follows, I found myself embracing some classic favorites (from Charlotte Tilbury and Surratt Beauty) and new procurements (from Giorgio Armani Beauty and Becca).
|Above: Products used in the images that follow.|
- L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in #105 Natural Beige
- Becca Lowlight/Highlight Perfecting Palette (to contour and highlight)...reviewed HERE
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in First Love (to deepen contour)...reviewed HERE
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in Love Glow (on apples of the cheeks)...reviewed HERE
- Surratt Beauty Surrealiste Skin Concealer (under eyes)...reviewed HERE and HERE
- Surratt Beauty Expressioniste Brow Pencil in Brunette...reviewed HERE
- Giorgio Armani Fluid Eye Color #11 Rose Ashes (blended on upper lid and lower lash line)...reviewed HERE
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (2 coats)...reviewed HERE
- Lips lined with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner in Pillow Talk (also available at Nordstrom)...my favorite pinky nude lipliner to date. This formula is so smooth and lasts for hours on end!
- The liner base was topped with Serge Lutens Lipstick in Mauve de Swann (I forgot how much I adore this splurge-worthy wonder)...reviewed HERE
|Above: Swatches of all products in outdoor light.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Giorgio Armani Rose in Ashes lends a soft rose taupe sheen to the eyes.|
|Above: Closeup with a flash.|
|Above: Outdoor shade, no flash.|
|Above: Outdoor lighting with a flash.|
|Above: Outdoor lighting, with a flash.|
|Above: Outdoor lighting, no flash.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope your week is off to a marvelous start and that enjoyed this brief venture back into pinky nude territory. The L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation was a delightful discovery for me and I am excited to continue experimenting with it.
What are some of YOUR drugstore discoveries as of late? Do share!
Good things ahead, including some new product profiles (Hourglass! Bobbi Brown! Mirenesse! , a skincare update and an everyday makeup routine video ; )
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.