|Above: The Chantecaille Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duos in Grand Canal and Piazza San Marcos for a luminous look.|
The latest addditions to my growing eyeshadow collection are the gleaming and gossamer Chantecaille Luxe Eye Duos in Grand Canal and Piazza San Marcos (initially reviewed HERE). Inspired by the iconic green-blue waterways and polished marble of Venice, these powder eyeshadows impart magnificent luminosity, absolutely apropos for the myriad of holiday celebrations ahead.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches, images of the eye duos in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: The chic metallic gray compacts are emblazoned with a glittery C for Chantecaille.|
Housed in a metallic gray compact, these domes of light are finely milled and apply so very smoothly. The airy texture feels like silk on the skin and, despite its weightless feel, imparts an impressive amount of pigmented color upon application. The formula is extremely luminous, without being overtly glittery, and I was delighted (upon wearing it for nearly 8 hours) to discover that there is minimal creasing!
- Grand Canal has a green and cream schema, with Rialto creating a smoky green veil and Rialto being perhaps one of the most lovely cream-tinged highlighters ever to grace an eyeshadow compact.
- Piazza San Marco has a purple and gray vibe, thereby appealing to those that seek "cooler" shades overall. Pigeon is a stunning deep and cindered purple and the soft dove gray that is Marble is an excellent compliment to Pigeon's depth.
These eyeshadow duos are a wonderful option for those that prefer eyeshadow with luminosity, are looking for fresh ways to create a smoky eye and have a penchant for greens and purples. I particularly adore the unique tones housed with the Grand Canal compact and couldn't wait to feature it in a look (found towards the end of this post)!
|Above: Grand Canal features Laguna, a complex smoky green with iridescence and Rialto, a luminous pearl.|
|Above: Piazza San Marco features Pigeon, a deep smoky purple and Marble, a creamy gray.|
|Above: Swatches of all four shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A perennial go-to as of late, the ultra-pigmented, massively creamy By Terry Velvet Rouge in Lady Bare, a perfectly delightful nude beige.|
In the following images, I am wearing:
- LiftLab Lift + Perfect (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge (reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Densiliss Primer (reviewed HERE)
- Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Fluid Foundation in O30 (reviewed HERE)
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronze + Glow...to lightly contour and highlight (reviewed HERE)
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in First Love on apples of the cheeks (reviewed HERE)
- Chantecaille Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duo in Grand Canal...Laguna applied on upper lid to crease and along lower lash line and Rialto blended from crease to brow bone (also discussed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (reviewed HERE)...two coats on upper and lower lashes
- By Terry Velvet Rouge in #01 Lady Bare (reviewed HERE)
|Above: The full look.|
|Above: Chantecaille Grand Canal...I took this image after a 9 hour work day...the light, gossamar texture held up exceedingly well!|
|Above: The gleam, even on a gloomy day, is undeniable with this formula!|
|Above: With my partner in crime, Jethro!|
|Above: Smiling because Monday is over!|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this overview of the Chantecaille Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duos; their weightless texture and immense glow make these gems a unique eye option and I love that both the Laguna and Pigeon shades can "smoke up" the eye while still remaining acceptable for daytime wear. That being said, building up the intensity of the deeper shades is marvelously aligned with the spirit of a holiday night out, making these duos an utterly timely release.
I hope your week is off to a wonderful start...good things head including some new product discoveries, a fresh FOTD and a video tutorial!
To close, Beauty Professor reached 10K followers on Instagram today...a heartfelt thank you to those of you who follow...your support means a great deal to me.
--The Beauty Professor
** Some PR samples provided for review (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.