|Above: The Clè de Peau Beautè Radiant Fluid Foundation is the quintessential balance of a glowing and soft matte finish.|
When I heard that Clè de Peau Beautè was releasing a new foundation formula as part of its Fall 2014 Collection, I could hardly contain my excitement. I already adore the Clè de Peau Cream Beautè Foundation (reviewed HERE) and was interested in how a liquid base would perform on my skin. Generally, fluid foundations that purport radiance tend to not offer as much coverage as I prefer (somewhere in the vicinity of medium, buildable to full), however, when the first time I applied the Clè de Peau Beautè Radiant Fluid Foundation (available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Barney's NY), I was utterly astounded at the flawless finish it imparts!
According to Clè de Peau Beautè, this formula is both moisturizing and long-lasting with subtle illumination properties. It contains:
- NEW Micro Facets Technology, which allows light to be diffused from different angles.
- NEW Day Matching Powder to prevent and regulate shine throughout the day.
- Illuminating Complex to promote moisture stablization, reduce cellular stress, regulate cell turnover and improve the skin's barrier function.
Kindly scroll on for more details, comparison swatches, a closeup of the new CdP LE Extra Rich Lipstick in #111, a CdP beauty look and the Bottom Line...
|Above: The full ingredients list.|
Since I already discussed my positive feelings about this formulation HERE, I will attempt to be succinct and focus on some clear characteristics of the foundation in terms of texture/coverage, finish, wear and overall impressions:
- This formula is incredibly light yet pigmented. It feels silky but not overly emollient and glides over the skin with ease.
- Two pumps cover my entire face (I prefer to apply with a damp Beauty Blender). The remarkable coverage is surprising, likely because the formula feels so light.
- Even though this formula contains the word "radiant" in its title, it is not overly glowy. In fact, it dries down with a soft matte finish and the radiance develops over the course of wear.
- Although the radiance increases over time, it never crosses the line to shimmery or greasy. It is just a soft glow that looks like healthy, well-moisturized skin.
- I get a good 6-8 hours of wear time before feeling the need to blot or touch up with a bit of powder.
- For a "radiant" foundation, the lasting power is unprecedented!
- I am completely pleased with this formula...it truly does diffuse light on the face in a flattering, nearly magical way while still keeping unwanted oil at bay.
- After a month of trial, I can confirm that it has not in any way irritated my sensitive skin!
- This is a befitting option for one seeking medium (buildable to full) coverage, a slightly radiant finish and extremely respectable lasting power.
|Above: Comparison swatches of foundations in the NC 25-30 range in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Clè de Peau Beautè Extra Rich Lipstick in #111 Gavno.|
Onto the lipstick! I first spied the limited edition CdP Extra Rich Lipsticks (available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks) while shopping with Sabrina of The Beauty Look Book...we both did some casual swatching and, within seconds, I knew that #111 Gavno had to be mine.
|Above: The display that started it all.|
This shade is a must for pink and peach lovers...the harmony of both tones, suspended in a plush, hydrating, shiny formula that builds to medium opacity is simply scrumptious. It is dark enough to add some color to the face but pale enough to not compete with other cosmetics in use...truly magnificent for those who adore a lighter lip.
|Above: Swatches of the LE Clè de Peau Beautè Fall 2014 lip colors with a flash.|
|Above: Swatches of the LE Clè de Peau Beautè Fall 2014 lip colors without a flash.|
|Above: Select Clè de Peau Beautè products from my CdP beauty look.|
Since the Clè de Peau Beautè Radiant Fluid Foundation and Fall 2014 Lipstick in #111 have been staples for me this summer, I opted to close this post with a look featuring key CdP products on heavy rotation! They include:
- Clè de Peau Beautè Radiant Fluid Foundation in O30...applied with a damp Beauty Blender (available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Barney's NY)
- Clè de Peau Beautè Concealer in Ocher...applied under the eyes (available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Barney's NY)
- Clè de Peau Beautè Eye Color Quad in #301 Marmalade Sky (reviewed HERE and available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks)
- Clè de Peau Beautè Lipstick in #111 Gavno (available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks)
|Above: Swatches of all Clè de Peau Beautè products used in the images below.|
|Above: The full look.|
|Above: The Clè de Peau Beautè Eye Color Quad in #301 Marmalade Sky has a beautiful light rust shade that I used on my upper lids and lower lashline.|
|Above: A closeup of the lower lash line action.|
|Above: Clè de Peau Beautè Extra Rich Lipstick in #111 Gavno alone on the lips.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: The Clè de Peau Beautè Radiant Fluid Foundation (available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Barney's NY) ) is superb. When my summer tan fades, I will likely transition from O30 to my usual O20 shade and am confident that this lovely, glowing formula will remain in my top five foundation rotation for months to come. Additionally, the lipstick #111 (available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks) is the perfect, glimmering hybrid of peach and pink...such a tender delight. I have been beyond enchanted with all of the Clè de Peau Beautè Fall/Winter products thus far and will continue to highlight their gorgeous and wearable nature in future blog posts...highly recommended!
Good things ahead on BP including a skincare update, more foundation reviews and my latest discoveries. Hope your weekend is lovely!
--The Beauty Professor
**PR sample provided for review (the rest bought by me) however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.