|Above: The full look.|
Here is my latest Face of the Day (FOTD) for this fine Friday...this time, focusing on soft mauve and purple tones, expertly provided by Chantecaille (namely, the divine 15 Year Anniversary Palette) and Lipstick Queen Silver Screen Lipstick in Stella (Streetcar Named Desire, anyone?).
Kindly scroll on for more images, a complete product breakdown and the Bottom Line...
|Above: The Chantecaille 15 Year Anniversary Palette...deep mauve brown, soft, shimmering cream and warm, radiant taupe for a perfectly versatile collection of shades.|
|Above: Swatches of the Chantecaille 15 Year Anniversary Palette in direct sunlight.|
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (reviewed HERE): 2-3 drops massaged into face with fingertips.
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE): 1 pump to act as moisturizer, primer and illuminator.
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Eye Lift Cream: warmed up with finger tips and patted into orbital region. Review soon!
- A few spritzes of the Skindinavia Makeup Primer Spray (reviewed HERE) to maximize makeup longevity...truly a gem in humid weather!
- A mixture of Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation in Natural (reviewed HERE), Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow (reviewed HERE) and a touch of Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation (reviewed HERE) in #22 Natural Beige.
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow (reviewed HERE) to lightly contour and add highlight
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in First Love (reviewed HERE) on apples of the cheeks.
- Surratt Beauty Surrealist Concealer (swatched HERE and reviewed HERE), to cover any blemishes/dark areas.
- A touch of the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Micro-Powder in Medium (reviewed HERE) to set everything.
- Chantecaille 15 Year Anniversary Palette (available at Nordstrom and Space NK)...all three shades blended over the upper eyelid and lower lashline for a subtle, smoky effect...full review very soon!
- By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Concealer in #4 Medium Peach (reviewed HERE and available at Space NK and Barney's NY) to banish the dark circles that seem to emerge by the end of an insanely busy week of minimal sleep.
- Lancome Grandiose Mascara (reviewed HERE)...two coats on upper and lower lashes.
- Giorgio Armani Eye and Brow Maestro in #4 Amber (swatches and review HERE) to define the brows.
|Above: I swept the dark brown shade across my lid, blended the taupe up towards my brow bone and finished with the creamy highlighter shade at the base of my brows for a soft, gradient look.|
|Above: Is this shade stunning or what?|
|Above: Stella on the lips for purple done properly (for work, that is).|
|Above: It's finally Friday!|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this FOTD! I, for one, am looking forward to a few days of travel and (hopefully) a bit of relaxation. I will be addressing all of your wonderful comments this weekend and have so many posts in the works about which I am thrilled...foundation (three formulas, to be specific!), lip color, skincare and a video, coming your way!
--The Beauty Professor
**PR sample provided for review (the majority bought by me) however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.