|Above: Swatches of all eight shades in outdoor lighting (most accurate shade rendition).|
When news surfaced that the glorious Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation was going to be reformulated (original swatches found HERE), I initially recoiled in horror at the thought of this formula changing in any way, shape or form. The fact that CF 22 Natural Beige is perhaps most accurate match my skin has ever encountered further heightened my apprehension about the release. After a few months of waiting, I am pleased to report that the US version's shades and performance are the exactly the same as the previous formula. The absence of the nominal amount of sunscreen is the in the original version seems to be the only difference; thankfully, the removal doesn't seem to have altered the texture, shades or performance of this sensational foundation.
Scroll on for shade descriptions and additional swatches in various lighting situations...
1. CF 11 Creamy Beige NW/N/NC 10-15: very light beige for fair skin with neutral to pink undertones
2. CF 12 Summer Breeze NW/N 15: light beige for fair skin with neutral to rosy undertones
3. CF 13 Warm Beige NC 20-25: light beige for light skin with warm, yellow, even peachy undertones
4. CF 14 Bamby Beige N/NW 20-25: light beige for light skin with rosy undertones
5. CF 22 Natural Beige N/NC 23-27: light beige for light to light-medium skin with neutral to yellow undertones
6. CF 23 Almond Beige N/NC 30: medium beige for medium skin with neutral to yellow undertones
7. CF 24 Amber Beige N/NC 35-40: medium to dark beige for medium to tan skin with neutral to yellow undertones
8. CF 25 Topaz Beige NW/N/NC 45-50: dark beige for medium-dark skin (dark tan) with all undertones.
|Above: A closeup of the lightest four shades in outdoor light.|
|Above: A closeup of the darker four shades in outdoor light.|
|Above: Swatches of all eight shades in outdoor shade (to show enhanced undertones).|
|Above: Swatches of all eight shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A closeup of the lightest four shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A closeup of the darker four shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Wearing the Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation US Version in CF #22 Natural Beige + Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Powder Foundation in #22 Natural Beige (on t-zone...review soon).|
Bottom Line: I am so pleased (and relieved!) that the new US version of my adored Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation is the same as the original formula in terms of texture, shades and performance and I know that many of my beloved readers will join me in celebration for this fact! Skincare benefits, creamy medium coverage, a dewy skin-like finish and endless hours of wear exist in harmony in the this formula...if you are looking for these qualities in a single product, this foundation is a must! Wanting to order this by phone? I highly suggest calling Kanebo Sensai Specialist extraordinaire Kimmie at Neiman Marcus Fashion Island...she can be reached at: (949) 759-1900 Ext. 2121. **Update as of 4/5/14: Currently only available at Bergdorf Goodman
**Update as of 10/1/14...also available at Harrod's!
**This post contains affiliate links as well unaffiliated links for your convenience; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.