|Above: Some of the pinks, nudes and pinky nudes in my life...Gucci Cipria, Girlactik Naked, Gucci Whisper, Tom Ford Blush Nude, NARS Raquel and Charlotte Tilbury Penelope Pink.|
This post features two seemingly unrelated topics: pinky-nude lipsticks that have been bouncing around my purse as of late and my seven year wedding anniversary. I will do my best to weave an undeniable thread of commonality between the pair with words and images!
Kindly scroll on for images, details and the Bottom Line...
|Above: The usual suspects.|
The pinky nude lipsticks in my life are incredible go-to's for rushed mornings and hurried touch ups. Shades in the pinky nude family are easy to wear, add instant demure and provide a polished look that communicates sophistication without looking like you're trying too hard. These six are pale enough to convey a "nude" vibe while having enough saturated color to avoid washing out the face...love them, I do!
1. Charlotte Tilbury Penelope Pink (reviewed HERE): This pinky beige is full coverage and last for hours...definitely more nude than pink.
2. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Raquel (reviewed HERE): This is, without question, my favorite nude in the Audacious line; it's the quintessential blend of pink, peach and beige and the full coverage, moisturizing wear cannot be beat.
3. Tom Ford Blush Nude (reviewed HERE): A classic in my collection, this pinky beige is muted and soft, leaving room to pump up the color on other parts of the face (e.g., cheeks and eyes).
4. Gucci Audacious Color-Intense Lipstick in Whisper (reviewed HERE): Not quite a nude...more of a lilac-tinged pink but it acts as a neutral in terms of wear and purpose...I've been wearing this marvelous shade non-stop. Also, I combine it with Cipria to create a Gucci-centric nude lip.
4. Girlactik Le Creme Lipstick in Naked (swatched HERE): A true warm beige nude, this formula is creamy, hydrating and all sorts of gorgeous.
5. Gucci Luxurious Moisture-Rich Lipstick in Cipria (discussed HERE): This pale pinky beige is soft and sensual and is quite light (though full coverage) on its own. I adore mixing it with Whisper or wearing it with the Gucci gloss in Breathless (swatched HERE).
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight with a flash.|
--Shop the Post--
|Above: Wearing a combination of Gucci Whisper + Gucci Cipria. Also, testing out the new Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lift Foundation in this pic...full review soon. Here's a hint...it's very, very good ; )|
|Above: The Gucci Whisper + Gucci Cipria lipmix.|
These Gucci Cipria +Gucci Whisper pinky nude lip color images were taken in the car on Saturday while my husband, Jethro and I ran errands in our '67 GTO. Even though we were doing what one might deem to be rather mundane tasks (e.g., the post office, Petco, etc.) we had a lovely afternoon enjoying the drive and simply spending time with eachother.
|Above: Off to Petco...Jethro can hardly contain his excitement.|
|Above: Jethro and Tyler, waiting for me as I run into the post office to pick up a package (!).|
|Above: Jethro's windblown look.|
Saturday also marked the day before our seven year wedding anniversary. That's right, on October 12th, 2007, we got married and my, how the time has flown by at light speed! In terms of gifts, neither one of us needed or wanted a single thing, but while at the Grove on Friday (for the Charlotte Tilbury event mentioned HERE...more on the whole evening soon), I ended choosing this Bianca Pratt gold T necklace from Barney's NY as a special way to keep my husband close to my heart. It's simple, understated and sentimental and I adore it!
|Above: The necklace.|
|Aboev: Ty, Jethro and me this past summer.|
I am so thankful for my husband...he is immensely loving, massively understanding and entirely supportive and I feel incredibly blessed to have him in my life. What a gift from God!
|Above: Before a night out.|
|Above: In our college years...we've definitely changed, no?|
|Above: Celebrating seven years of marriage...here's to the rest of our lives!|
Bottom Line: I hope your weekend has been marvelous thus far. I have so many posts in the works that I am excited to share in the near future...more (!) foundation, lipstick, event coverage and skincare to discuss!
Oh...and what is YOUR favorite pinky nude lipstick currently? Do please share!
xoxo and thanks for your loyal readership,
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.