|Above: Behold! The Bobbi Brown LE Shimmer Brick in Sandstone...luxurious on every level.|
Sometimes, three seemingly unrelated items work together in such aethetic harmony that it mandates a blog post. In this case, the trio I speak of involves the gorgeous Limited Edition Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Sandstone, a marvelous pair of Rag + Bone booties and timeless suede shorts.
Kindly scroll on for details on all three as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: I cannot get over the beauty of this compact.|
Freshly released, this stunning compact (I simply cannot get over the glossy, smoky effect of the packaging...so chic) houses a lavish combination of soft beige, bronze and brown tones to effectively contour, add warmth and deliver radiance to the face with a single product. The shimmer is restrained and the color payoff of each strip is remarkable...this is my first Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and I am beyond impressed by its performance!
|Above: A closeup with a flash.|
Official details, courtesy of Neiman Marcus:
This shimmering, brush-on powder creates a soft natural-looking glow.
Works well with pink, neutral and peach blush shades, perfect for the woman who wants a hint of shimmer with her cheek color. Handmade in Italy, this compact features superfine pigments that reflect radiance and light.
Sweep the Face Blender Brush (sold separately) through all five shades of the Shimmer Brick Compact and dust lightly on cheekbones after Blush. Focus on applying shimmer on the top of cheekbones, where light naturally hits the face, for the most flattering look.
|Above: A closeup without a flash.|
The shades themselves (as exemplified by the swatches below) are fairly neutral, making this particular Shimmer Brick a viable option for a spectrum of skin tones. There is a:
- Soft and pearly cream (great for highlighting the brown bones, cupid's bow and inner eye area)
- Neutral pale champagne (perfect for adding illumination to the upper cheek bones and down the bridge of the nose)
- Golden medium bronze (excellent for warming up the cheeks, bronzer style)
- Light rose gold beige (lovely to add extra dimension to the cheeks...also wonderful as a subtle, neutral blush)
- Warm and rusty bronze (this has enough red to look completely natural and acts well as a true contour shade)
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Swatches with a flash.|
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (as a primer, illuminator etc.)
- YSL Fusion Ink Foundation in #B40 (initially reviewed HERE)
- Bobbi Brown Sandstone Shimmer Brick across contour and highlighting points on face
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon (on upper and lower lids...reviewed HERE)
- Hourglass 1.5 MM Gel Eyeliner in lower waterline
- By Terry Eyebrow Mascara in Dark Brown to groom brows
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in O30 Prune (discussed HERE)
- Hourglass Panoramic Lip Pencil in Eden (reviewed HERE)
- Buxom Lip Foundation in Nude
- Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Sophia (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Powder #2 to set everything
Below: The following images reflect the product breakdown above and especially feature the loveliness that is the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Sandstone...
And then, there are the SHOES! I spotted this utilitarian pair of Rag + Bone Noelle booties (also available at Shopbop, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, FarFetch and Barney's NY) or should I say shooties, last week during a trip to Nordstrom with my mom. Despite their investment-level price tag, I knew I could justify their procurement because they are boundlessly wearable. They have a sturdy 3 1/2 inch heel that yeilds hours of standing time, making them perfect for long days of lecturing or running errands. With zippers on both sides of the ankle, these slip on and off with ease and the pliable leather ensured that I didn't even need a "break in" period. On the off chance that I haven't been effusive enough in my description, I. Love. These. Shoes.
|Above: The Rag + Bone Noelle has a sensible 3 1/2 inch heel|
|Above: Two zippers, leather soles and a wonderful slope (mitigated by a 1/2 inch inner platform) add to the comfort of this modern classic.|
I instantly thought to couple these booties with one of my favorite pairs of shorts: the neutral, olive-toned Kate Moss for Topshop Suede Runner Shorts...currently on sale for half off! The ultra soft leather with lacing detail and superb slash pockets have made this pair a staple for me this summer and the respectable length and fit and flare styling will effortlessly take me through fall.
|Above: Lacing detailing...so good.|
|Above: The shorts in action.|
|Above: Welcome home, Noelle booties.|
Bottom Line: Three divine products...worn together, they create a synergistic response, worn separately, they serve as bona fide staples in my beauty and wardrobe rotation. The Bobbi Brown LE Shimmer Brick in Sandstone, Rag + Bone Noelle booties and Tophop Suede Runner Shorts are collectively, highly recommended!
What are some of YOUR synergistic staples?
I hope your week is going well...next up, a profile of a new Asian beauty product-inspired subscription box and a few foundation reviews!
--The Beauty Professor
**PR sample provided for review (the rest bought by me) however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.