I've been experimenting with a few recent Becca releases lately and was inspired to harness their lit-from-within potential to create a 10 product look that captures the joie de vivre of springtime.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images reflecting the final look as well as the Bottom Line...
Swatches in direct sunlight.
- *Becca First Light Priming Filter (also available at Beautylish): This lilac-hued formula banishes post-winter dullness while adding a soothing and calming glow to the complexion.
- *Becca Shimmering Liquid Skin Perfector in Prosecco Pop: Richly appropriated with a golden tan gleam, this liquid can be applied atop foundation or mixed into a base to enhance radiance.
- *Becca Backlight Priming Filter (also available at Beautylish): A pearly beige wonder, this primer smooths skin on contact while micronized light particles create a soft focus effect that is undeniably flattering.
- *Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector (also available at Beautylish): The apricot-toned cream counteracts adeptly counteracts under eye shadows while remaining marvelously inconspicuous. The stellar reviews on this--both on Sephora and Beautylish's sites--speak for themselves.
- *Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (previously reviewed HERE): This powder imparts a sublime glow for the warmer months...deeper than Opal but not quite tan in nature, it is sure to warm up and flatter a spectrum of skin tones.
- Becca Soft Blurring Powder (also available at Beautylish): Finely-milled and practically translucent, this powder deftly minimizes the look of fine lines while mitigating shine. The tender illumination that emanates is a bonus!
|Becca Soft Blurring Powder.|
|Swatch in direct sunlight.|
|Swatch in direct sunlight.|
I combined a few of the above Becca product with a round of key beauty favorites (bringing my total list to 10) to create a carefree peachy springtime look that is minimalist in time and effort yet maximum in impact.
- *Giorgio Armani Power Fabric #6 (reviewed HERE): Medium to full coverage with a velvety natural finish.
- *La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Peach Glow (reviewed HERE): Blended onto the cheeks, it's the quintessential balance of color and illumination.
- Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet in Peach (reviewed HERE): An homage to the early 1960's, this creamy hue possesses a joyful brightness that harkens to simpler times.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad in #313 Golden Lace (also available at CdPB): Delicate warm neutrals work together to create an incandescent eye.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|CdPB Eye Color Quads.|
- #301 Marmalade Sky
- #303 Baby Universe
- #304 Champagne Supernova
- #305 Satin Moon
- #306 Silver Eclipse
- #309 Fairy Dust
- #310 Moon Beam
- #311 Pewter Veil
- #312 Blue Lagoon
- #313 Golden Lace
- #316 Golden Age
The following images reflect all products in action, specifically:
- *Becca First Light Filter (also available at Beautylish) as a priming base to cancel redness and enhance brightness.
- *Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector (also available at Beautylish) in my under eye orbital region, gently patted in with my ring finger.
- *Giorgio Armani Power Fabric #6 (reviewed HERE) applied with a dampened Beauty Blender.
- Gucci Golden Glow Bronzer in Indian Sand (reviewed HERE) to gently sculpt and warm up the face.
- *La Prairie Cellular Glow Cream Blush in Peach Glow (reviewed HERE) on the apples of my cheeks.
- *Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (previously reviewed HERE) buffed onto the high points of my cheeks and down the bridge of my nose for a warm glow.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Taupe (reviewed HERE)...never without this.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad in #313 Golden Lace (also available at CdPB) all four shades blended to my brow bone.
- Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet in Peach (reviewed HERE)...one coat is all that is necessary for maximum opacity.
- Becca Soft Blurring Powder (also available at Beautylish)...a light dusting to set and perfect.
- Equipment France Slim Signature Blouse **similar shade currently on sale!
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this streamlined FOTD; I, for one, love demonstrating that a full look needn't require 20+ products (although, admittedly, there is sometimes fun in the excess)!
What are some of your current go-to's for a minimalist face? Do tell!
Speaking of minimalist...I just purchased the ultimate in nude footwear by Jeffrey Campbell. I saw these shoes on a woman last week and couldn't forget about them...the clear straps and Lucite heel are so unique and will match absolutely everything. They seem to be selling out fast (my size 7 is already out of stock); I'll have them featured in an upcoming post very soon ; )
Good things ahead, including a travel essentials post, an overview of the soon-to-launch Hourglass Ambient Strobe Blushes, a fresh video and a host of new product procurements...
xx and have a beautiful weekend,
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-17 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.