Happy Friday! This week, like so many as of late, was a flash...the end of the semester, coupled with beauty events and a debate tournament this weekend has definitely contributed to my currently sleep-deprived state. How is YOUR December going?
As the title implies, today's post is dedicated to personal style, skincare empties and a couple of gift-giving (or getting!) favorites from Space.NK.
Kindly scroll on for more details, images and the Bottom Line...
I never thought I would be wearing a dress and tennis shoes a this point in my life; there is something, however, about the combination that is equal parts comfortable and chic and this outfit above and below embodies the effortlessness of the equation.
- Glamourous Black and Tan Shirt Dress (also worn HERE): Versatile and in my favorite color palette (neutrals!), this dress is timeless and very reasonably priced. I picked mine up while in Brooklyn last month but I was thrilled to be able to find it available online as well.
- Alexander McQueen x Puma High Tops: This shoe is the culmination of one of the last collaborations between Alexander McQueen (prior to his death) and Puma. Nude leather and a hidden platform take this shoe to the next level and I am so glad I tracked them down.
- Fringe Bag by Seth Wegter Bags: This bag holds everything while still feeling quite light and comfortable...it's been my standard for over six months and counting.
Key Beauty Products Used:
- By Terry Click Brush Foundation in #05 (reviewed HERE): Medium coverage with a velvety finish, this foundation perfects skin while still looking entirely natural...and the lasting power is significant.
- *Chantecaille Le Chrome Duo Eyeshadow in Tibet (most recently reviewed HERE): This beautiful shimmering taupe pairing is
- Christian Louboutin Lip Definer in Nats (reviewed HERE): Self-sharpening and the most perfect pinky nude, I applied around my lip line and then filled in my lips for a lasting mauve effect.
- *By Terry Gold Baume de Rose Parure (also featured below): The pinky pearl glow of this LE lipgloss added just the right amount of radiance to the lipliner base...such a breathtaking installment of a cult favorite.
|Above: With my mom and BP Assistant, Laura (on her birthday last week).|
Next, I wanted to share some recent empties I had the pleasure of tossing into the recycling bin; there is such a sense of satisfaction in totally and utterly finishing a product. All five of these gems hve been
- *Mila Moursi Dual Action Serum (reviewed HERE): My uniquivocal "go-to" from the Mila Moursi line, this anti-aging serum does it all...firming, lifting, clarifying and hydrating...and it adds a gorgeous glow to skin. I highly recommend this as an excellent foray into the Mila Moursi line.
- *Mial Moursi Firming Body Lotion (reviewed HERE): I focus my application of this gorgeous formula on my arms and legs for an extra firm and toned effect...and the hydration it imparts cannot be beat.
- *Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash (discussed HERE): I use this when I shower to cleanse and also to achieve a smoother shave...simply wonderful.
- *Aveeno Sheer Hydration Daily Moisturizing Lotion (discussed HERE): A great after shower moisturizer, especially during warmer weather (it absorbs instantly), this unscented formula is marvelous for sensitive skin.
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE): I have used this nonstop for nearly four years...so absolutely worth the investment.
Finally, I've been enjoying two holiday treats from SpaceNK:
(1) *SpaceNK Shimmering Spice Candle: A SpaceNK exclusive, this luxurious candle, which makes a excellent host/hostess gift, candle emanates the scents of the season with warm cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and citrus collaborating to create a lively and inviting aroma.
The faceted, shimmering glass is further illuminated when the candle is lit, inspiring a lovely light dance on nearby objects. So entrancing!
(2) *By Terry Gold Baume de Rose Parure: I have already reviewed two products from the stunning By Terry Gold Gotha Holiday 2015 Collection; my overview of the lip palette can be found HERE and the details focused on the LE Elixir Glace can be found HERE. This formula, by the way, is flying off of the shelves...and I suggest getting it while you still can! To round out this veritable trio of magnificence, this ornament-sized beauty features the iconic By Terry Baume de Rose scent and formula, infused with real gold for a subtly shimmering baby pink effect that deeply moisturizes while it luminizes. It's a touch thicker in texture than the original formula, which I think makes it that much better for the colder months ahead. Truly a gift to give and get.
FYI, SpaceNK will be having a promotion beginning on Dec. 14...simply spend $125+ and receive a gift bag worth over $150 while supplies last. Use code: SPNKGIFT at checkout!
|Above: A swatch in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this post with a triad of focuses! What is on YOUR beauty and style radar as of late?
Next up...a fresh FOTD and my comprehensive holiday gift guide...putting the final touches on both (along with catching up on emails and comments) this weekend!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.