|Above: Fall nudes + maroons.|
Hello lovely readers...can you even conceptualize that Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away? I, for one, feel like I am on the runaway train of fall. On an unrelated, though equally suprising note, Beauty Professor hit 6 MILLION views this weekend...thank you, truly, for your support in this nearly four-year endeavor!
That being said, I am excited to share a fresh FOTD that captures the burnished tones of autumn without resorting to the vampy shades one has come to expect as the temperatures drop. From skincare, to lips and everything in between, this look is polished, yet easy to achieve and features some of my favorite product discoveries of the past few months.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Sunlit + spectacular.|
Now that that brisk, dry air has replaced the pernicious humidity of early fall in Southern CA, I've been experimenting with adjusting my skincare:
|Above: A perfect pairing from Aveeno.|
I've been an ardent user of Aveeno for decades; the nourishing, oatmeal-based formulas are so kind to my sensitive skin and I recently finished (!) my body wash and lotion pair, making the arrival of replenishments timely and auspicious. The *Daily Moisturizing Body Wash not only cleanses without stripping; it also makes for a luxuriously plush formula when shaving my legs, which I tend to do daily.
Straight out of the shower, I apply two pumps of the *Daily Moisturizing Lotion all over my limbs to lock in moisture and make skin glow. I am deeply appreciative of the fact that this light yet powerful formula is fragrance free as I prefer to add fragrance in the form of perfume and despise when scented body lotion competes with this addition!
|Above: Skin care experiments.|
Two products with which I have been experimenting are the *Roloxin Lift Instant Skin Smoothing Masque and the *Shiseido Ibuki Multi Solution Gel (also available at Nordstrom).
The Roloxin Lift Instant Skin Smoothing Masque has been on my "to try" list for awhile now. Consistently a favorite amongst makeup artists, the individual sachets are activated with 20 seconds of agitation, yeilding a creamy formula that spreads easily across one's face. Designed to tighten, lift, blur pores and fine lines and make skin as smooth as porcelain for up to 24 hours, this mask is pure delight. Although it dries down quickly, it never feels tight or uncomfortable. Once rinsed off 20 minutes later, the visage is revitalized and refreshed...the difference is notable! I will be taking a few Roloxin packets on my travels in the coming weeks as I'm sure I'll be needing them.
|Above: Wearing my Roloxin mask.|
|Above: Shiseido Ibuki Multi Solution Gel...a jack of all trades.|
The Shiseido Ibuki Multi Solution Gel is a fascinating incarnation. Weightless and instantly-absorbed, this portable and potent formula fights blemishes, reduces the appearance of pores and smoothes the canvas. It can be used as the last step in one's skincare routine or even applied over makeup as a mid-day touch up. This genius little jar has permanent place in my work bag!
Official details, courtesy of Sephora:
Ingredients: -Salicylic Acid 0.5%: Acne treatment.
|Above: Base products.|
In terms of base, I applied:
- Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation (also available at Beautylish and most recently reviewed HERE, with all shades swatched HERE) in #123, which is a perfect match for my NC 25 skin...I forgot how much I adore this foundation. It covers everything that needs covering while still looking glowy and natural...it's also very long lasting, I might add.
- *Guerlain Terracotta Jolie Teint in Blond Natural applied along the contour of the cheeks with the sumptuous, ultra-soft Giorgio Armani Maestro Blush Brush for a light peachy tan warmth.
- Tom Ford Illuminating Duo in Moodlight (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE): As per usual, I applied the darker shade of this invaluable duo along the lower cheek bone area for intensified depth and focused the lighter shade along my upper cheek bones for radiance and highlight where the light most naturally hits my face.
- *Chantecaille Cheek Gelee in Happy (reviewed HERE): Applied with fingers to the apples of my cheeks, this stain-meets-illuminator adds a radiant, flushed, baby pink glow that stays in place for hours on end.
|Above: Swatches of base products in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Face trifecta.|
|Above: All about eyes.|
For the eyes, I applied:
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Eyeshadow in Marron --a breathtaking maroon-meets-brown-- all over the lid. I then blended Surratt Beauty Dore Rose up to the brow bone for a semi-luminous transition. Suffice it to say, I am completely smitten with this creaseless, neutral and easy to create combination (both shades reviewed HERE):
- Tom Ford Extreme Mascara in Raven (reviewed HERE): Two coats for long and lush lashes in seconds...so good.
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Surratt Beauty Artistique Eyeshadow in a blend of Marron + Dore Rose.|
|Above: Lip mix.|
For lips, I applied:
- Christian Louboutin Lip Definer in Nats (reviewed HERE and also available at Neiman Marcus Net-A-Porter and Nordstrom): This pinky nude beige is highly pigmented and wildly long lasting. I also picked up this particular shade for my mom and we both adore it.
- Surratt Beauty Prismatique Lips in Cultive (reviewed HERE): I am so suprised that this marshmallow pink has not yet sold out on the Sephora website...don't let the blue tone of the bullet mislead you, it is simply stunning in every way.
|Above: Lip mix swatches in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in natural lighting...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this FOTD...every product mentioned is a staple for the cooler months and will have guaranteed real estate in my upcoming travels (more on this soon). A few are even currently available for the last day of the Sephora VIB 20% sale (use code VIB20)!
What skincare and beauty products are YOU reaching for as of late?
Good things ahead including a skincare update and a spectrum of new product procurements!
With friendship, love and a shared affinity for all things beauty...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
* PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.