|Above: Kissed by the rain.|
Up until a couple of days ago, we were experiencing anomalous rainstorms here at the beach...although, it was unexpected, the precipitation is greatly needed! Now it's rather sweltering, but the images from my rain soaked shoot that weekend remain and, incidentally, feature a closeup of the stunning Chanel Fall 2015 Les Automnales collection (currently also available at Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales) as well as a tropical beauty look.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Chanel Fall 2015 Les Automnales collection|
When I first spied the new Les Automnales collection at Nordstrom, I initially only bought the Illusion D'Ombre shadow in New Moon (reviewed HERE, soon to be sold out at Nordstrom and otherwise only available at Chanel.com). A second glance at the display a couple days later and I was captivated by the nearly orange allure of the Rouge-Gorge Ilusion D'Ombre (also available at Chanel and used in the beauty look that follows). I also was compelled to take a closer look at the Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation (released last year and currently a repromote in the fall collection); Beige 40 was a unprecedented match for my NC 27 skin (and I never find a foundation match in Chanel) and I loved the semi-matte medium to full coverage, especially in light of the extreme humidity we've been experiencing!
After making my selections and securing a backup of the transcendent New Moon, I swiftly swatched every product in the collection (sans nail polish); as aforementioned, most products are currently available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales.
|Above: Swatches of eye and lip products.|
Eyes and Lips:
- Le Volume Mascara in Coffee 80 (a rich brown)
- Illusion D'Ombre in New Moon (rosy taupe), Rouge-Gorge (matte warm light coral) and Fleur de Pier (shimmering charcoal)
- Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyliner in Echinacea (near-black), Combustion (a shimmering bronze--love this one!) and Leaves (dark matte khaki brown).
- Glossimer in Chene Rouge (a lush and pigmented Cherry Red) and Beige Star (a creamy nude pink)
- Rouge Coco Shine in Temeraire (a deep berry mauve) and Melancolie (a golden nude beige)
- Rouge Allure in Pensive (a warm nude pink) and Rouge Allure Velvet in La Bouleversante (a deep, matte neutral red)
|Above: Eyes and cheeks.|
Cheeks and Eyes:
- Joues Contrast Blush in Alezane (a dusty rose-meets-bronze)
- Tisse d'Automne Eyeshadow Quad (shimmering golden olive, pale rose beige, bronze taupe and gray-green)
- Entrelacs Palette (ivory pearl, matte light tan, shimmering taupe brown, glowing coffee grinds brown and creamy matte bone...a neutral lover's dream come true)
|Above: Swatches of cheeks and eyes.|
|Above: A closeup of the breathtaking Entrelacs Palette.|
Onto the closeup of my choices and the tropical beauty look...
|Above: Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation in B40 and the Ilusion D'Ombre in Rouge-Gorge.|
I built the foundation of my beauty look on the satin-matte Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation in B40 (reviewed HERE) and the Ilusion D'Ombre in Rouge-Gorge. This created an even, natural canvas with remarkable warmth in the orbital area...add a dash of luminosity, a subtle bronze cheek and a glossy pink lip and the result was pure tropicality. I had to come in twice over the course of the afternoon due to the torrential rain...adventures in beauty blogging ; )
|Above: The Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation in B40 is a great match for my current NC 27-30 skin...it may look pink and a touch dark in swatches but it becomes perfectly neutral on my visage and holds up so well (no oxidation), even in adverse weather.|
|Above: Rouge-Gorge closeup...I have NOTHING like this in my current collection.|
|Above: A heavy swatch of Rouge-Gorge; it's matte but somehow luminous, adds radiant warmth to the eyes and I am curious to try a bit on my cheeks next!|
|Above: A healthy dose of Rouge-Gorge topped with a touch of New Moon on the eyes. Chokers from Neutrals Inc.|
|Above: Before the rain....|
- *La Prairie Eye and Lip Perfector (reviewed HERE) as a light primer for both areas
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation in B40 (reviewed HERE), buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender
- Becca Highlight/Lowlight (reviewed HERE) to gently sculpt the face
- *Guerlain Terracotta Joli in Blonde Clair to add pinky peach warmth the apples of the cheeks...this delicate powder is simply gorgeous!
- Charlotte Tilbury Dreamy Glow Highlighting Powder (reviewed HERE) along upper cheek bones and down the bridge of nose for extra illumination
- *MAKE Face Gloss (reviewed HERE) for a touch of natural dewiness...so good.
- Chanel Rouge-Gorge topped with a touch of New Moon for delicate shimmer on upper eyelid and blended along lower lashline.
- *Guerlain Maxilash So Volume Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- Nude Stix Lip Pen in Sexie (reviewed HERE)...a warm, light matte pink...adore this formula!
- *Girlactik Star Gloss in Baby Doll (reviewed HERE)
- *Koh Gen Do Silky Moist Powder in #123 (reviewed HERE)...still an absolute favorite.
|Above: Rain-drenched beauties.|
|Above: A closeup of the delicately breathtaking Guerlain Terracotta Joli in Blonde Clair.|
|Above: The La Prairie Eye and Lip Pefector is ALWAYS in my purse.|
|Above: Swatches of all products for the tropical beauty look...outdoor shade, raindrops unintentional ; )|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations (palm suit from Topshop)...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this image-heavy, swatch-laden, rain-drenched tropically-inspired Chanel love fest! I am guessing that is not a sentence that regularly appears on beauty blogs but it just felt right in light of the context and content ; )
What did YOU choose from the Chanel Fall 2015 Les Automnales collection?
Good things ahead, including a glimpse into my hair routine, even more foundation discourse and a host of new product procurements...still replying to comments as well!
May your weekend be a beautiful one; thanks, as always, for your support and encouragement...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR sample provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.