|Above: The Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Iluminator in Beige...tonally, this calls to mind a delicate champagne rose gold.|
I just returned from a weekend trip to Las Vegas and, despite bringing copious amounts of makeup (I possess significantly less packing restraint when I don't have to fly), I found myself gravitating towards the same product options each day that I was away. This consistency was anchored by my reliance on the newly procured Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Illuminator in Beige. Retailing for $39, a single pump of this veritable liquid light transformed my face into a dewy, radiant canvas that proactively enhanced every other makeup item I chose to apply.
It is incredibly weightless, delightfully unscented and brimming with the finest, most complex shimmer ever to emanate from an illuminating formula. The beige tone makes it radiant without being "white" and its liquid texture allows it be seamlessly mixed into foundation or applied over existing makeup with remarkable ease. Somehow, it makes my skin dewy and fresh without causing oiliness or excessive shine...truly a exceptional formula!
Official Product Information (courtesy of Koh Gen Do):
- IL01 (Sheer Beige): Want to add glow without changing the skin tone? Sheer Beige was developed in response to such requests from makeup artists. When applied to skin in those areas that are most exposed to the light, such as the cheeks and forehead, its fine pearly particles add a beautiful glow without altering the tone, giving an elegant subtle glow to the skin. Add it into your foundation for that all over dewy glow without the shine.
No artificial colors, fragrance, petroleum-based mineral oil or paraben.
Ingredients: WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, MICA, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, ALUMINA, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, DIGLYCERIN, SORBITAN SESQUIISOSTEARATE, PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, GLYCERIN, SQUALANE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, SEA SALT, ACRYLATES/POLYTRIMETHYL SILOXYMETHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, SILICA, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, PHENOXYETHANOL, IRON OXIDES, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, NYLON-12, TALC, TOCOPHEROL, LAUROYL LYSINE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, ISOSTEARYL SEBACATE, ZINC MYRISTATE, TIN OXIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, GLUCOSYL HESPERIDIN, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, BETULA ALBA BARK EXTRACT, KJELLMANIELLA GYRATA EXTRACT, ALPHA-GLUCAN, ALGAE EXTRACT, ALPINIA SPECIOSA LEAF EXTRACT, GLUCOSYL CERAMIDE, HYDROLYZED CONCHIOLIN PROTEIN, ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8
Kindly scroll on for FOTD images featuring the KGD Aqua Illuminator as well as a full product breakdown and the Bottom Line...
|Above: A closeup to demonstrate the glow...taken in front of a window.|
|Above: Taken outside of the Venetian (where we stayed).|
1. Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation in #22 Natural Beige (buffed into skin with a damp Beauty Blender). Reviewed HERE.
2. Koh Gen do Aqua Foundation Illuminator in Beige (one pump...tapped along cheek bones, bridge of nose, brow bone and Cupid's bow)
4. Guerlain Four Seasons Terracotta Bronzer in 02 Natural Blondes (along cheek bones).
5. Illamasqua Powder Blush in Katie (on apples of cheeks). Review soon!
7. Rouge Bunny Rouge Nocturnal Ink Satin Eyeliner in Dark Bay (tightlined on upper lid).
8. Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara (two coats).
9. Ardell Natural Duralash Individual Knot Free Lashes (three per eye on outer corners).
10. Surratt Beauty Lipslique in Fee Soie (swatches and review soon...loving this new line!)
11. Koh Gen Do Triple Lightning Powder in BE-1 (to set foundation/touch up throughout the day)
|Above: Taken in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Taken in outdoor mixed light...for reference, the Venetian Sephora is behind me ; )|
Bottom Line: The Koh Gen Do Beige Foundation Illuminator is utterly entrancing...from the extremely complex rose gold shimmer to the weightless way it melts into the skin, it is one of the most sophisticated highlighters I've ever encountered. It's ability to add subtle, long lasting glow is undeniable and I cannot wait to try this with every foundation I own. Highly recommended!
**PR sample provided for review, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.