|Above: The Cle de Peau Cream Foundation offers medium to full coverage with a natural matte finish that lasts all day.|
Kindly scroll on for more details, shade descriptions with swatches of every shade, images of the formula on my face and the Bottom Line...
|Above: Shade O20 is a light beige suitable for my NC 23-25 skin.|
According to Neiman Marcus, the Cle de Peau Cream Foundation is:
Luxuriously smooth and enriched with skincare benefits, Cream Foundation creates medium-to-full flawless coverage for any skin type.
- Achieves a high-quality finish through the synergy of skincare and makeup ingredients.
- Maintains a long-lasting velvety feel and a just-applied beautiful, radiant finish.
- Blends perfectly into skin with an ultra-light texture.
- Revitalizing Moisture Complex moisturizes and visibly smoothes skin's texture.
- Green Tea Extract helps to prevent skin cell damage.
- Treatment Lucent Powder EX to bring out natural radiance.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Talc, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Dextrin Palmitate, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Aluminum Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Trisodium Edta, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Mica, Polysilicone-2, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Rosa Roxburghii Fruit Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tocopherol, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone.
|Above: The precision tip of the squeeze tube guarantees a controlled dispensing of the product.|
The foundation comes in a 1.1 ounce squeeze tube with a precision tip that makes dispensing the formula both convenient and sanitary. I love being able to toss the tube into my makeup bag for long work and travel days. At $120, this foundation is an investment, however, because the formula is so concentrated, a little goes a long way and I envision a single tube lasting me four to five months with daily use.
The Cle de Peau Cream Foundation provides beautiful, buildable medium-to-full matte coverage that just gets better with time; after 30 minutes to an hour of wear, this foundation morphs into the appearance of radiantly perfect skin. Although it doesn't have a dewy finish, I mitigate this lack of initial radiance with an application of my beloved Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2, followed by a single pump of the By Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi-Serum in Sunny Flash to add a slightly warm glow that is perfect for the bright and warmer months ahead (review soon!). A large pea-sized amount of the foundation, stippled on with a damp Beauty Blender, is all I need for flawless coverage that stays in place for an indeterminate amount of hours. Additionally, it was a pleasant surprise to discover that this foundation does not oxidize, has no added fragrance and boasts a decent amount of broad spectrum SPF protection.
|Above: A swatch of O20 in direct sunlight.|
In comparison to other formulas...the Cle de Peau Cream Foundation:
- Has more coverage (medium to full) than the Eve Lom Radiance Lift Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Is slightly more matte than the Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Has similar coverage but is slightly more radiant than the By Terry Cover Expert (reviewed HERE)
- Has a similar finish and coverage but slightly better lasting power than the By Terry Densiliss Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Has more coverage and less radiance than the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Has similar coverage but is slightly less matte (and more skin-like overall) than the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation (reviewed HERE)
|Above: The eight shades currently available range from approximately N 10 to NW 40.|
- I10: Light neutral beige suitable for fair skin tones in the N/NW/NC 10-15 range
- B10: Light rosy beige suitable for fair skin tones in the NW 15 range
- O10: Light neutral to warm beige suitable for fair skin tones in the N/NC 15-20 range
- BF20: Light yellow beige, suitable for fair to light yellow skin tones in the NC 20-23 range
- B20: Light-medium rosy beige, suitable for light/medium skin tones in the NW 20-25 range
- O20: Light-medium neutral to warm beige suitable for light/medium skin tones in the N/NC 23-27 range **This is my perfect match right now!
- B30: Medium rosy beige suitable for medium to medium/dark skin tones in the NW 30-40 range
- O30: Medium neutral to warm beige suitable for medium skin tones in the N/NC 30-35 skin range
Clearly, there are some shades lacking on the darker side of the spectrum, but those with rosier, medium to medium-dark skin could likely find a match with the B30. Here's to hoping that Cle de Peau expands its shade range to include richer, darker tones in this formula!
|Above: Swatches of all shades in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Swatches of all shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A closeup of the fair to light shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A closeup of the light-medium to dark shades in direct sunlight.|
The images below reflect the Cle de Peau Cream Foundation on my face in various lighting situations...
|Above: In outdoor partial sun...taken after 8 hours of foundation wear!|
|Above: In outdoor shade.|
|Above: With a flash...no flashback!|
Other products worn in the images above and below:
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (as a moisturizer, illuminator, and primer)
- One pump of the By Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi-Serum in #4 Sunny Flash (to add a subtle golden glow)
- RMS Buriti Bronzer (as a contour and bronzer...reviewed HERE)...applied with the Real Techniques Face Brush
- Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Lip and Cheek Tint in Mystique (detailed HERE)...applied to the apples of my cheeks as blush
- Le Metier de Beaute Liberty of London Kaleidoscope on my eyelids (not currently available)
- Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown applied with the Anastasia #15 brow brush
- Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Hi-Liner in Blacquer (along my lower waterline)
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (two coats on upper and lower lashes)
- A mixture of MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Patentpink (adore this!) + Dior Fluid Stick in #389 Kiss Me (reviewed HERE) for a long lasting, lushly-hydrating, lilac-infused pink (a favorite combination as of late)
|Above: In intense outdoor lighting.|
|Above: In outdoor shade.|
|Above: Outdoors with a flash.|
Bottom Line: I am so glad that I decided to try the Cle de Peau Cream Foundation. The flawless, velvet, medium to full coverage it provides is commendable and I appreciate the skin-like finish that develops over the first hour of wear. The fact that it is kind to my sensitive skin, has formidable SPF (that doesn't flash back!) and lasts though an inordinately long day further justifies the investment. I find it to be magnificent and, therefore, recommended it highly! The Cle de Peau Cream Foundation can be purchased at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue.
For brilliant, personalized assistance from the Cle de Peau counter at Neiman Marcus Fashion Island, contact Kimmie Nguyen (949/759-1900 ext. 2121) or CdP Specialist Vivian Huynh at (949) 759-1900 ext. 2118!
I hope your weekend is off to a great start and welcome your questions and comments...much more coming up soon on Beauty Professor!
--The Beauty Professor
**This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.