|Above: Out the door to Neiman Marcus!|
Yesterday marked my first event hosting experience with Neiman Marcus (for a sneak peek, check out the video my dear friend and beauty lover Monsiieur Alex made of the day, found HERE!)
Although I have an entire post in the works which will extensively cover the delightful nuances of the day, I thought I would preview said post with a quick FOTD and OOTD (outfit of the day).
|Above: A close up of products on my face.|
1. Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Wrinkle Repair Cream (officially bought a full jar yesterday!)
2. Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 as a base/primer
3. Kanebo Sensai Celluar Performance Cream Foundation in Natural Beige buffed w/ Beauty Blender
4. Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate in Intensity 01 for contour
5. Marc Jacobs Blush in Obsessed on apples of the cheeks
6. Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tint in Mystique to add a glow to cheeks
7. Givenchy Teint Couture Powder Foundation in Elegant Beige (review soon!) to set everything
1. By Terry Ombre Blackstar Eyeshadow in Bronze Moon all over lid
2. Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer along water line
3. Chanel Le Volume Mascara (2 coats)
4. Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Concealer #2 under eyes
5. Jouer Cream Eyeshadow in Chiffon along brow bone and upper cheek bones as a highlighter
1. Le Metier de Beaute Color Core Lipstick in Palm Springs
2. Kanebo Sensai Vibrant Cream Lipstick in Ususakura
3. Tom Ford gloss in Naked on top
|Above: My outfit, directly following the event!|
- Nic + Zoe Criss Cross Top...this reminded me of the 1920's and the classic cut makes it infinitely wearable!
- Habitual Elle Moto Wax Coated Skinny Jeans...look like leather, feel like denim...they fit like a dream and maintain their shape all day.
- BCBG Cira Woven Spike High Heel Sandal...edgy yet restrained enough for daytime donning, these sandals feature a stiletto heel that is low enough to feel comfortable for hours! A brilliant gift from my husband ; )
- Seth Wegter Bags Princepessa Bag...gorgeous and unique, plus, I love the long strap option for complex days.
|Above: Somehow the spikes are understated enough to feel progressive yet subtle.|
|Above: The slope is kind to my arches.|
|Above: The heel measures in a 2 1/2 inches and my feet say thank you!|
Bottom Line: Whenever the day is going to be long and involved (in this case, in all the best ways!), I opt to wear makeup and clothing that feel polished yet completely unfussy. It's wondrous how a simple shell, sleek pant and a killer pair of statement shoes can synergistically create a confident yet comfortable vibe!
I hope you enjoyed this tandem FOTD/OOTD post and am so excited to share a host of new products and discoveries with you in the coming weeks...after the NM Beauty Event recap, I've got Tom Ford Fall 2013 lip color, brand new Kaleidoscopes from Le Metier de Beaute and even a few novel foundation finds to discuss; all in all, good things appearing on the Beauty Professor horizon!
I hope you have a gorgeous weekend and thank you for your lovely readership, friendship and support...what's new in your end of the world?
--The Beauty Professor
**This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.