|Above: The Princepessa bag, made by own brother, Seth Wegter.|
Last month, I received a sublime birthday purse from my brother, who handcrafts handbags when he is not teaching high school and college English or coaching a wrestling team...indeed, he is a true Renaissance Man. Deemed "The Princepessa," this bag is a slight departure from my other purses (made by him as well, of course) that are roomy enough to double as small pieces of luggage (I exaggerate only slightly).
This 10" by 8" wonder, however, holds much more than one might imagine at first glance. Being one who is infinitely nosy about what items people deem important to tote around on a regular basis, I thought I would use this post as a way to, (a) showcase my brother's immense talent as it is manifested in this bag (my BP readers frequently ask which designer makes my bags) and (b) share what I carry in my own bag...hopefully I have some readers who are as hopelessly curious as I am ; )
|Above: The Princepessa in action; meanwhile Jethro is in the foreground looking like a dignified sentinel!|
|Above: The Princepessa features two handles for easy hand/forearm holding as well as a generous cross body strap for those who like options. Caramel colored pony was a gift from my mom ; )|
|Above: It's all in the details...hand stamped leather zipper pulls and quality hardware make all the difference. Nail polish is Power Grey (new for Spring 2013) by Lise Watier.|
Onto the items...can you fathom that all of these accouterments comfortably fit in this bag with room to spare? As I've previously mentioned...this bag is deceptively roomy!
1. Salvatore Ferragamo scarf...over the years, I have been fortunate enough to amass a few of these (I believe that Ferragamo makes the best in terms of design, quality and durability) and I always have one in my purse. It serves so many purposes...it can add modesty to an accidentally low shirt, integrate a chic look to a basic outfit, cover up Jethro's dog tote (so he can go to sleep), make me warmer (that silk is thick and retains heat!) when a cold front unexpectedly arrives and can help achieve an impromptu hairdo. I've even used it to cover my forehead/shield my face when the sun is too much to bear!
2. Metal notepad with pen...a gift from my mom. I love that it is so streamlined and compact as it is housed in its own little case. There is nothing, in my mind, that can take the place of paper. Must. Have. Paper.
3. Hourglass Ambient Light Powders and Hourglass Retractable Foundation Brush (I've been carrying around two compacts, as intense as that is). Diffused Light and Dim Light take me through the day and the brush makes it a dream to apply.
4. A copious amount of lipstick and lip gloss...at any given point in time, I have a least nine lip products in my purse. Is this unhealthy? Perhaps. I adore options. Lip color includes: D&G Mandorla, Tom Ford Nude Vanille, Tom Ford Spanish Pink, LMdB Pink-e Promise, Tom Ford Naked and Youngblood Debalicious.
5. A leather makeup bag, crafted by my brother, naturally. The contents of this bag are featured at the end of this post.
6. A wallet, crafted by my brother, naturally. Once again, a close up near the end of this post!
7. A pen...made from a very durable material, this pen is utilitarian to say the least.
8. Some form of snack that won't degrade in my purse, just in case...in this case, almonds, which I didn't begin liking until I reached adulthood. Some days, I teach such long hours, that it's consoling to know I have an unbridled access to food at all times.
9. Beauty Professor business cards...simple, informative, ceaselessly handy.
10. Lambskin sunglasses case, made by my brother. This is thin and light, yet valiantly protects my giant sunglasses.
11. Chanel matte black sunglasses...I love that these are gigantic (it's like sunscreen made of plastic), feather light, classic and matte.
12. Tic Tacs...I am not a big candy lover, but having mints at one's disposal, just in case, puts the mind at ease.
13. More lip products...in this case, Sensai Sakura Kasane, NARS Albatross gloss and Beauty Is Life Sacara gloss.
14. An empty foundation sample jar...my love for foundation knows no bounds and I never know when this might come in handy.
15. iPhone 5...not pictured, merely for the fact that I was using it to take my pictures. This device allows me to keep in contact with everyone under the sun, document my life (and makeup) instantly, upload said pictures to my blog and wile away the hours with a myriad of apps. I wish I didn't love it like I do.
|Above: A close up of some staples...Ferragamo, Tom Ford and LMdB...you've been good to me.|
|Above: The Princepessa with its cohorts...sunglass case, makeup bag and wallet.|
|Above: This wallet is genius...it has an outer pocket for cards and an inner pocket for cash.|
|Above: It also has a back pocket for more cards, which somehow, I've managed to over utilize.|
|Above: A closeup of the lambskin sunglass case. So thin and light, yet perfectly protective.|
|Above: My Chanel sunglasses...fairly certain the quilted part is leather, which fits nicely into this burgeoning theme.|
|Above: The sunglasses, yet again. They literally cover half of my face, which I prefer.|
|Above: This makeup bag is small but mighty. The fact that it has a straight, rectangular base that allows it to stand on its own is brilliantly convenient.|
|Above: The contents of my makeup bag in no particular order (this will likely be a more substantial, better fleshed-out future post!)...OCC pigment in Miriam, LMdB Eye Brightening Powder, a retractable concealer brush drenched in Laura Mercier SC-3, By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon, SK-II foundation pot #420, NYX lip color in Nude Peach Fuzz, Rouge Bunny Rouge Fine Spun Light, LMdB Indelible Ink liners in Artemis and Castella, a Swiss Army pocketknife, Koh Gen Do blotting papers, some emergency Sunday Riley sunscreen, Lise Watier Fawn liner, NARS Via Appia liner, LMdB Champagne liner, an extra contact lens, Rouge Bunny Rouge lip balm, organic hand sanitizer, allergy eye drops, dental floss, Rouge Bunny Rouge bronzing powder, Tom Ford blush, Guerlain mascara, LMdB Peau Vierge concealer and "foundation of the week," Napoleon Perdis China Doll in L-2.|
Bottom Line: I hope you've enjoyed this glimpse into my handbag...I cannot believe how much I carry around on a regular basis. In all reality, I use most of this at one time or another during the week, so at least it's not superfluous. Kindly visit www.sethwegter.com if you desire to see more of what my brother so adeptly does!
What are some "must haves" in your purse?
--The Beauty Professor