|Tom Ford Winter Soleil 2016 Collection.|
The Tom Ford Winter Soleil 2016 Collection (also available at Neiman Marcus) is now available and I opted to drastically reduce my evening slumber to make sure you, dear readers, got a first look at the products I selected! From dreamy palettes to an entirely unique lip color formula, this superb collection will have you looking lit-from-within in seconds.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches, images of the collection in action, a Shopbop surprise sale shopping list and details on my upcoming Neiman Marcus beauty event on 11/4 as well as the Bottom Line...
|The Tom Ford Eye and Cheek Palette comes in a sleek white and gold lacquered compact.|
The indisputable star of the collection is the Tom Ford Eye and Cheek Palette (also available at Neiman Marcus). It comes in two shades: Warm and Cool, offering compatibility with a spectrum of skin tones. At the time that I placed my order, only the Cool was immediately available and Warm was on back order (and will arrive to BP HQ's later on this month) but it now appears in stock at Neiman Marcus, so get it while you can!
- A matte lilac pink blush...great for a pop of color on the apples of the cheeks.
- A pale rose gold highlighter...swept along the high points of the face, this highlighter is different in form and finish than any other illuminating product in the Tom Ford collection.
- A luminous pink eye shadow...very sheer with a glittering effect that looks marvelous tapped atop the satin finish shadows.
- A luminous violet eye shadow...similar to the iridescence of an oyster, this shadow has a cool lilac tone that is singularly beautiful.
- A satin finish neutral taupe eye shadow...strong color payoff in a mink tone that reminds me of my beloved By Terry Bronze Moon.
- A satin finish deep aubergine eye shadow...this rich shade works well in the crease, to create a smoky look or to blend with any of the lighter shades for more intensity.
Velvety and smooth, all of the shades in the palette are blendable and collectively work together to create a sophisticated and radiant look in mere seconds. As an unapologetic warm neutrals lover, I generally do not gravitate towards palettes deemed "cool."
However, this particular incarnation has expanded my comfort zone; all of the shades are neutral-to-cool without venturing into the typical blue and gray territory I often associate with "cool" tones. It's truly magnificent, but I'll let the swatches speak for themselves...
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in outdoor shade|
|The Cool palette on the eyes and cheeks; when paired with a warmer lipstick like Spanish Flame (discussed below) the whole look takes on a warmer result.|
|Tom Ford Soleil Lip Foils.|
Next, the Tom Ford Soleil Lip Foils (also available at Neiman Marcus) are a lush nod to a metallic formula that feels fresh and apropos for the frosty weather to come. The formula is extremely smooth with striking color payoff, especially in light of the translucent foil finish.
Hydrating and comfortable to wear, the opalescent composition makes lips look luminous and full and the rather thin texture ensures a significant level of lasting power.
|From L-R: Spanish Flame, Creme Conquer and Venus Rising.|
Although the Tom Ford Lip Foils come in six shades, I was drawn to three hues in the lineup:
- 02 Spanish Flame: A peachy rose gold with golden micro-shimmer; it's warm neutral lover's dream.
- 04 Creme Conque: A creamy pale nude pink...delightfully reminiscent of the mod 1960's.
- 05 Venus Rising: A medium neutral pink with silver and pink micro-shimmer. This shade is the most natural (and therefore the most effortless) on the lips.
Closeups of my Soleil Lip Foil shade selections:
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
In the look at the end of this post, I used the following products (pictured below):
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion (reviewed HERE)
- *Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE)
- Serge Lutens Spectral Cream Foundation O40 (reviewed HERE)
- *Mally High Definition Concealer in Light (coming soon)
- Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Bronzing Veil in Tropical Days (reviewed HERE) applied with the *Chikuhodo GSN 4 Brush (reviewed HERE)
- The Tom Ford Eye and Cheek Palette (also available at Neiman Marcus) on eyes and face; cheek shades applied with the *Surratt Beauty Artistique Highlight Brush (reviewed HERE)
- *Tom Ford Fiber Brow in Taupe (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Extreme Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- Helmut Lang Tee
As mentioned in my last post, Shopbop--one of my favorite online retailers--is currently in the midst of a surprise sale, featuring up to 40% off of select merchandise (now, through 11/3). Here is a list of what I have my eye one:
- Current/Elliott Leather Pants: I've been wanting a pair of black leather pants for a great while and this sale is an opportune time to make the dream a reality.
- Missoni Zig Zag Poncho: Warm earth tones, breezy poncho and Missoni? What is not to love?
- Alice & Olivia Bow Neck Top: Classic and sophisticated, this blouse will work well for daytime lectures and evenings out alike.
- Baldwin Denim Cropped Jeans: I first became familiar with the brand Baldwin when visiting Kansas City in September (discussed HERE). This local brand makes insanely good denim and this perfectly distressed (but with NO holes) pair is interesting and on-trend.
- Opening Ceremony Nebula Mules: Two of my favorite colors fused together for an effortless take on the mule movement.
- Marc Jacobs Cosmetics Case: Durable yet chic, this makeup bag is sturdy enough to stand upright on the bathroom counter...priceless in the world of tumbling cosmetic pouches.
- Miu Miu Croc Sunglasses: I love the distinct shape of these sunnies...they feel retro yet modern and I think I need them in my life.
- Anna K Off the Shoulder Dress: This shoulder-baring dress has the proportions to work well for wintertime and the sleek black lines allow it to be formal enough for holiday parties...just add jewelry.
- Ash Fringe Booties: The extra tall shaft of these booties are most appealing to me and the fact that Ash is infamously comfortable in my experience makes these a must.
- Acne Studios Andela Melange Coat: My single splurge in the list, this clever hooded long coat has timeless appeal and will match everything in my wardrobe of neutrals. Can't wait to wrap up in it!
--Shop the Style--
The following images reflect the collection in action in afternoon light...
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this overview of the Tom Ford Winter Soleil 2016 Collection (also available at Neiman Marcus) and found the swatches to be helpful. This gorgeous release feels so right for the cooler months and I am beyond pleased with the versatile textures and flattering shades of the products I chose. No regrets!
Will you be indulging in the Winter Soleil Collection? If so, what caught your eye? Do tell!
Also, I discovered that none of the product links for my recent Omorovicza post (with exclusive discount code) were working properly...they have since been fixed so please take a peek!
Finally, as promised, here are the details of this Friday's Project Beauty event that I am hosting at Neiman Marcus Topanga...
Truly hope you can make it...it would be marvelous to see you there!
Good things ahead ; )
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.