I have long been a proponent of the Giorgio Armani Eye Tints (also available at Giorgio Armani Beauty and Neiman Marcus + reviewed HERE and HERE). Conveniently housed in a purse-friendly tube with a doe foot applicator, the creamy, blendable formula applies with sheer to nearly opaque coverage for an adaptable and customized look.
Up until now, a delicate satin finish was the only option; however, that reality has changed with the recent release of the Smoky Matte Collection (also available at Sephora + otherwise known as shades #19-#24). In a dreamy range of neutrals, this range of six tones offers intense diversity for those who shun the shimmer!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of how I mixed them with some of my favorite Lip Maestro Drama shades as well as the Bottom Line...
|Eye tints, lip tints, mascara...oh my!|
The *Giorgio Armani Smoky Matte Collection (also available at Sephora) consists of six shades of earthy neutrals, each with a decadently smooth matte finish:
- *19 Taupe Smoke/Smoky Green: A true light taupe brown...it's ashy cool leanings make it very unique.
- *20 Leather Smoke/Stromboli: Deepest neutral wood brown
- *21 Fur Smoke/Tierra: Dark taupy brown
- *22 Spice Smoke/Vesuvio: Warm cinnamon brown
- *23 Camel Smoke/Burning Sand: Golden matte tan
- *24 Nude Smoke/Hot Nude: Pale creamy tan
I am so impressed with this fresh formula; the shades are unique and the color payoff is sublime. One can apply just a touch for a sheer effect or build the hue to nearly full opacity. Texturally, the eyeshadow is weightless, smooth and velvety to the touch. I like to blend a few shades (especially Camel Smoke and Spice Smoke) for a single look, concentrating the darkest choice at the crease and working Nude Smoke up to the brow bone for shimmer-free highlight. Despite having an insane amount of eyeshadow choices in my arsenal, I am happy to report that I don't have duplicates of these hues!
Official details, courtesy of Nordstrom:
Giorgio Armani Eye Tint is an innovative formula that transforms from liquid to solid, instantly adhering to the eyelid and providing 16 hours of fault-proof, smudge-free and crease-free wear. Wear it as an eyeliner or eyeshadow for natural to glamorous looks.
- 513 Drama Glow: Warm light nude pink
- *511 Shocking Pink (also reviewed HERE): Bright, cool "Barbie Pink"
- *407 Drama Red:
Much like the eye tints, the formula is lightweight and extremely creamy; I experience almost immediate opacity with a single application and find that the Lip Maestros are hydrating and comfortable to wear, especially for a product with a matte finish and immense (4-6 hours) lasting power. I mix Drama Glow and Shocking Pink frequently (as worn below), for the perfect take on a breezy, light pink lip. Both shades have had a permanent home in my handbag as of late!
Official details, courtesy of Nordstrom:
The first matte lacquer by Giorgio Armani. Lip Maestro premieres a new generation of lip color that combines the velvet finish of a matte lipstick, with the intensity and flawless result of a lip lacquer. Matte color is no longer dull and drying. Lips are drenched in deep, luminous colors. The luxurious and velvety texture rolls on the lip and offers hours of hold, hydration and comfort.
In the look below, I employed the use of the following products:
- *Le Metier de Beaute Afterglow Foundation #8 (reviewed HERE)
- Giorgio Armani Sun Fabric #600 (reviewed HERE)
- *Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (reviewed HERE)
- *La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Peach Glow (reviewed HERE)
- *Kjaer Weis Eyeshadow in Angelic: A fresh debut from the one of my favorite green lines, this delicate pale pinky lilac shade works well as an all over wash of color while still being neutral enough to act as a singular base. It brightens the eye without an over luminosity, making it an excellent staple for the season.
- *Giorgio Armani Smoky Matte Eye Tints in Camel Smoke, Spice Smoke and Nude Smoke
- *Giorgio Armani Black Ecstasy Mascara: This jet black formula creates thick, lush, obsidian-level lashes in two coats. It doesn't smudge or flake and refreshingly lasts the entire day, even when one's eyes are sensitive (like mine).
- *Giorgio Armani Lip Maestros in a mixture of Drama Glow and Shocking Pink...completely addicted to to this combination.
- Smith & Cult Nail Lacquer in Ghost Edit (reviewed HERE)
|A swatch of Angelic in direct sunlight.|
|Wearing a mixture of Kjaer Weis Precious (as a base) + Camel Smoke, Spice Smoke and Nude Smoke, seamlessly blended.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you found this swatch-heavy ode to Giorgio Armani Beauty helpful! The *Smoky Matte Collection (also available at Sephora) is utterly inspired, especially for those who eschew satin finish formulas. Additionally, the *Kjaer Weis eyeshadow in Angelic makes for a unique yet neutral wash of color (excellent as a base) and I cannot get enough of the *Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro formula as of late...as evidenced by the preceding images, I particularly adore the pinks.
Good things ahead, including a (late) June Favorites story, a new lip color feature, a Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2016 Shopping Guide (what are your preliminary picks?) and a host of recent product procurements...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.