|Above: 7 of the 9 products for my FOTD.|
Happy Monday, lovelies! How was your weekend? Restful? Fleeting? Mine was marked by an extreme Southern California heatwave and went by way too quickly but it was marvelous nonetheless ; )
Today, I am excited to share a complete Face of the Day achieved with a minimum of products: 9 to be exact. Featuring a flawless base and color-saturated pigments, this look takes under 10 minutes to achieve and valiantly withstands high temperatures and humidity...who knew that would still be a selling point as we edge toward the end of September? These products are some of my favorites of the season and I hope you are inspired by how I combined them!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: The full look in intense sunglight and heat.|
|Above: A cool candy pink, Surratt Valentine is unlike anything in my massive pink lip color collection.|
For the look above, I used:
- *Tatcha Silken Sunscreen: Lightweight and pore refining, this latest sunscreen acquisition makes for a perfect skin primer and protector.
- *TEMPTUAir Foundation in Beige (reviewed HERE): I can't stop using this powerful gadget...it creates an even base in seconds and the foundation formula does not budge. Full demonstration soon!
- Clé de Peau Beauté Bronzing Powder Duo #1 (also available at Clé de Peau Beauté): I am loving this silky, soft tan powder for creating a natural "fall" glow. I have a comprehensive, swatch-heavy feature of all of the new CdPB releases in the works ; )
- Tom Ford Moodlight (reviewed HERE): Equal parts warmth and highlighter, this gossamer powder "finishes" the face like nothing else. So glad to hear that this will be permanent in the Tom Ford line.
- *MAKE Face Gloss (reviewed HERE): A little dab, strategically placed on the upper cheek bones makes foundation look its dewiest...I love how fresh and natural the end result is.
- Tom Ford AW15 Runway Color (reviewed HERE): This rich rust-meets-chocolate cream is so distinctively different...just a bit blended on my upper eyelids and swept along my lower lashlines creates a warm and modern eye that feels interesting and innovative. So glad I picked this up.
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats for instantly defined lashes that do not smudge or flake.
- *Surratt Beauty Automatique Lip Crayon in Valentine (also available Sephora and Liberty London...review + swatches of ALL shades HERE): Perhaps the most perfect light-medium, cool-toned, cotton candy pink, Valentine brightens the face with a color-saturated, satin-matte finish that wears evenly for hours. I have been grabbing for Valentine constantly as of late.
- *Byredo Gypsy Water (reviewed HERE): A bright, soothing and entirely unique fragrance that works ever so well in the midst of heat.
|Above: Surratt Valentine alone on the lips...it's matte yet luminous.|
|Above: Byredo Gypsy Water works so well in warm weather and the new CdPB Bronzing Powder is a gem, indeed.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations, namely the Golden Hour...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this pared down FOTD; the products featured are truly staples in my current routine and I'd love to know your thoughts on them!
Good things ahead, including a skincare update, a foundation discussion or two and a host of new product procurements...may this week be kind to us all.
--The Beauty Professor
* PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.