|Above: NARS Dual Intensity Blush in Craving.|
After seeing a copious amount of images on the Internet, I was delighted to stumble upon the freshly-released NARS Dual Intensity Blush at my local Sephora last weekend. The stunning geometric embossment and ultra-silky pigmentation make for the perfect union of style and substance and, ever a bronzer and highlighter lover, the neutral Craving stood out as the one with which to start. Consequently, this post is devoted to said blush, as well as brand new swatches from Clé de Peau Beauté (eyes!) and Chantecaille (lips!).
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and an image of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Craving features a pearly pink highlighter and warm tan bronzer.|
The NARS Dual Intensity Blush in Craving (currently available at Sephora and NARS) is a breathtakingly beautiful bronzer and highlighter pairing that yields instant warmth, depth and radiance. Although the other blushes in the collection (masterfully covered by Cafe Makeup) are gorgeous, the neutral and wearable simplicity of Craving appealed to me most.
The powder is pigmented but not overly saturated, making for a restrained application that I appreciate, especially when in my normal morning rush. I love sweeping the slightly glowing bronze shade along my cheek bones and the perimeters of my face to sculpt and shadow and use the pale side on the high points to catch and reflect the light. The results are deliciously understated.
Since picking up Craving, I have used it nonstop this week...if you have a penchant for neutrals, I highly suggest giving this a spin.
|Above: The full ingredients list.|
|Above: Swatches of Craving in direct sunlight. Although both shades have a radiant finish, I wouldn't deem them shimmery...the glow is subtle, sophisticated and extremely restrained.|
|Above: CdPB Eye Color Quad #310 Moon Beam...a delicate, unexpected, yet entirely wearable set of shades.|
I have also been meaning to share my swatches of the gorgeous Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad for Spring 2015, #310 Moon Beam (available at Neiman Marcus, Saks, Barney's NY and Clé de Peau Beauté). I have not been shy about my love for the CdPB Eye Color Quad formula (thoroughly swatched and reviewed HERE) and this latest installment is no exception.
The four shades--a cool pale blue, a warm golden taupe, a deep purple and a shimmering champagne--work well to create a myriad of looks, ranging from the subtle, smoky and sophisticated to downright fantasy. The shadows are pigmented, ever so smooth and last for hours without creasing...pure delight.
|Above: Swatches of Moon Beam.|
|Above: The Chantecaille Spring 2015 lip, resplendent in the sunshine.|
Finally, the new Chantecaille Galactic Lip Shine in Polaris (available at Nordstrom, Space.NK and Neiman Marcus) and Hydra Chic Lip Color in Artic Rose are lovely lip options for a glowing, tender pink pout. Artic Rose is a medium pink with a sheer yet creamy finish and Polaris is a translucent, iridescent pink for the ultimate in luminosity. Paired together, lips are juicy radiance incarnate!
|Above: Swatches of Polaris and Arctic Rose in direct sunlight.|
Products Used in the Image Below:
- *SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE)
- *Gressa Minimalist Foundation: A mixture of shades #3 and #4, this marvelously clean + green formula with impressive coverage and a glowing finish will be getting a full feature on BP in the coming days!
- By Terry Densiliss Concealer #3 (swatched and reviewed HERE)
- NARS Dual Intensity Blush in Craving: I used the tan side to add depth and warmth and the highlighting side for radiance along my cheekbones, brow bones and Cupid's bow.
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in First Love (reviewed HERE): A bit on the apples of the cheeks for a rosy flush.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad #310 Moon Beam: I blended the soft taupe shade across my upper lid and lower lash line and finished with a touch of the deep purple within the crease.
- *By Terry Terrybly Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats for lush lashes.
- *Chantecaille Hydra Chic in Arctic Rose (reviewed HERE): This moisturizing mid-toned pink adds a gorgeous flush to the lips.
- *Chantecaille Galactic Lip Shine in Polaris (reviewed HERE): With an iridescent, jelly finish, this translucent milky pink is stunning over Polaris.
- *By Terry Densiliss Powder in Vanilla Sand (reviewed HERE): A touch on the t-zone sets makeup for hours on end.
|Above: The products in action.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope your weekend is off to a lovely start! Any plans? After an exhausting week I, for one, am looking forward to sticking close to home (and catching up on comments, email + blog post preparations).
Have YOU tried any of the products discussed in this post? Thoughts?
Good things ahead, including a physical suncreen special (Omorovicza! Goldfaden MD! Radical Skincare!), at least one swatch-heavy foundation feature and couple of new Burberry Beauty closeups...excited to finalize and share!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterik (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.