|Above: By Terry Baume de Rose Nutri-Couleur...same Baume de Rose formula with a delightful tinted finish.|
I've had the pleasure of using the new By Terry Baume de Rose Nutri-Couleur in #01 Rosy Babe for the last couple of weeks. My love of the original formula has been professed time and again and I had high hopes for this flushed version. I am pleased to confirm that it is as marvelous as I expected it to be...insanely moisturizing, long lasting and, now, infused with sheer, ultra-flattering color, this is luxury tinted lip balm at its absolute best!
Kindly scroll on for more Baume de Rose Nutri-Couleur details and swatches as well as a "clean, French-inspired beauty look" featuring a pared-down selection of products AND the Bottom Line...
|Above: Rosy Babe...perfect for pink lovers.|
Official details, courtesy of Space NK:
The much-loved lip balm has now been given the Rose Infernale full-colour treatment. This eye-popping palette ranges from chic and cheerful to innocent hushed hues and whimsical high-drama.
|Above (from L-R): Rosy Babe, Mandarina Pulp and Cherry Bomb.|
The newly-released Baume de Rose Nutri-Couleur boasts three shades:
- #1 Rosy Babe...a soft, baby pink
- #2 Mandarina Pulp...a bright coral orange
- #3 Cherry Bomb...a gorgeous red-meets-fuchsia
Since the three shades are sheer, the colors (though they may appear quite bright in the pot) are entirely wearable and compliment the natural lip tone. All forms of shimmer are delightfully absent from the formula, enabling a lovely, natural finish that is drenched with pure shine.
|Above: The three new shades...so cheerful and promising.|
|Above: Swatches in indoor lighting.|
|Above: Swatches in outdoor shade.|
|Above: The products for my clean, French-inspired look.|
Recently, one of my readers requested a "traditional no makeup French look" involving light base, bronzed skin, a touch of mascara and a lip balm...I decided that, in light of my focus on the By Terry Baume de Rose in Rosy Babe, this post was the perfect time to experiment with this aesthetic.
Scroll on for the product breakdown and look...
|Above: Loving my experience thus far with this rich, ultra-natural, highly-effective formula!|
The Only Products Used:
- Dr. Macrene Skin Results 37 Extreme Actives Anti-Aging Cream: I have been experimenting with this skincare for the past few days and am boundlessly intrigued by the whipped texture and "one product serves all purposes" philosophy. I feel like it's made my skin smoother and brighter and very balanced feeling; I will continue to test it and weigh back in after a few weeks!
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 as a primer: My daily non-negotiable. May this never be discontinued.
- Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation in #5 Natural (buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender): Still loving this for warm days due to its flawless coverage and extreme lasting power.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Killer Cheekbones Bronze + Glow (as a contour, bronzer + highlighter): Reviewed HERE, this is a staple in the sculpting category...so worth the investment. Available at Nordstrom, Net-A-Porter and Selfridges.
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Blushes in Duchesse, Parfait and Se Pomponner in the Large Compact (lightly swirled together and applied to apples of the cheeks): New to my Surratt Beauty collection, I am adoring this trio of blushes (also swatched HERE) of varying degrees of peach and pink intensity. Worn separately or together, the shades and finish are exquisite.
- Surratt Beauty Expressioniste Brow Pencil in Brunette: When I desire a lush, more defined brow than my trusty By Terry Eyebrow Mascara creates, this delicate, ash brown retractable pencil is the unequivocal answer. It fills brows beautifully (while still looking wholly natural) and stays in place until removed. Yet another winner from the Surratt Beauty line!
- Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara: Still in the testing phase with this formula, but initial impressions confirm that the mascara is extremely black (yes!) and builds volume and length adeptly. No smudging or flaking, even after over 7 hours of wear. Full review soon. Available at Selfridges and in Net-a-Porter's Golden Goddess and Bigger Brighter Eyes sets.
- By Terry Baume de Rose Nutri-Couleur Rosy Babe #1 alone on the lips: This subtle baby pink has just enough color to look like something on the lips; couple this confectionary shade with the luxurious performance of Baume de Rose and it's already inherent appeal is doubled. Magnifique! Available at Space NK, Barney's NY and B-Glowing.
|Above: Only a few products for a full, yet understated, face.|
|Above: Swatches of the products used in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Rosy Babe with a flash.|
|Above: Rosy Babe without a flash.|
|Above: Only two products for the eyes...the Surratt Expressioniste Brow Pencil + two coats of the Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara.|
Below: The French-inspired beauty look using only the products mentioned in the list above...
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I am so glad I decided to pick up the By Terry Baume de Rose Nutri-Couleur in Rosy Babe (available at Space NK, Barney's NY and B-Glowing); the delicate pink is pure delight to wear and the rich, hydrating formula performs just as well as the original clear version (which I adore with equal vehemence). This formula is an excellent choice for those seeking a moisturizing lip treatment with an ultra-flattering, lightly-flushed color tint that is both subtle and sophsiticated. I hope you enjoyed this review and the subsequent "French-inspired look." I had a ball experimenting with an ultra-pared down approach ; )
Have a beautiful Monday...good things ahead on BP, including another foundation review, a new fragrance profile and the draw for the Rouge Bunny Rouge Raw Garden in Chronos Palette Giveaway!
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.