|Above: New beauty procurements, respendent in the fleeting outdoor light of my backyard. Trying the Furlesse patches this week...have you experienced them yet?|
The last few days have positively flown by...between work parties, wrapping up with teaching for two weeks (!), racing around for last minute Christmas preparations and battling a cold (good times), this whirlwind otherwise known as mid-December has been wild. Despite the relatively organized chaos, I have been able to procure quite few new items in the beauty realm; although, they will likely be candidates for close up reviews in the near future, I wanted to share my initial impressions this minute!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches (where applicable) and the Bottom Line...
(1) MM6 Maison Martin Margiela Cutout Wedge Booties: I have had my eye on these booties for the past few months and was over the moon upon discovering that they were finally 40% off...patience is a virtue, no? With a comfortable wedge heel and gorgeously unique cutout toe area, these will take me through my Southern CA winter with ease. I adore the MM6 line and am happy to add to my collection.
|Above: This MM6 bootie boasts a leather sole and Italian craftsmanship.|
|Above: MM6 on my feet...they feel meant to be, indeed.|
(2) Topshop Crepe V Neck Tunic: Also available in Cream, this clean and simple top has a flattering v neck, slightly flowing shape and interesting back zipper that adds unique flair while still remaining classic. I think it shall be my blouse for Christmas Eve...
Onto the beauty closeups...
|Above: Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Julian.|
(3) Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Julian: I have already sung the praises of the baby pink Flynn (reviewed HERE) and pale coral Luca (reviewed HERE) and Julian is equal scintillating, albeit much deeper. I would describe this shade as a grape-infused mauve, similar, if not slightly darker than Gucci Whisper. I haven't yet tried it on the lips, but will make it a priority this week. I highly recommend pre-ordering any TF Lips & Boys shades you may have missed out on as they go on sale again on 12/26 and throngs of beauty lovers are expected to decimate the supply.
|Above: A swatch of Julian in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Fresh for Spring 2015, Chanel Rouge Allure in #154 Badine, a creamy medium pink to compliment an array of skintones.|
(4) Chanel Reverie Parisienne Rouge Allure in #154 Badine: This medium pink has a gossamar finish that imparts a slight shine...I love both the Rouge Allure packaging (the click bottom feels like a secret spy weapon) and formula (the most moisturizing in the Chanel family, in my experience) and Badine's wearable hue made this a non-negotiable. I also picked up a couple more as gifts for close friends...by the time I left the Chanel counter, there was only one Badine in stock. I urge unapologetic pink lovers to pick this up before it is sold out!
|Above: A swatch of Chanel Badine in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Finally, a Chanel Double Intensite in a pinky nude shade, pale enough for my taste!|
(5) Chanel Reverie Parisienne Rouge Double Intensite Ultra Wear Lip Color in #57 Darling Pink: Up until now, I haven't encountered a Chanel Double Intensite shade that was pale enough for my undying nude lip preferences. Enter the delightfully muted Darling Pink...this powder rose hue offers just enough color to bring life while still maintaining a pinky nude vibe. The longevity of this formula is undisputable...I did a test run today and it comfortably wore for over 6 hours without turning hot pink (this often happens to me with lip color that purports to be long wearing...you?). Truly, Darling Pink is refreshing, universally flattering shade in this formula.
|Above: Swatches of Chanel Darling Pink in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Chanel Darling Pink on the lips.|
|Above: Latest lipsticks...welcome to the family.|
|Above: Agent Provocateur Fatale, a Saks exclusive.|
(6) Agent Provocateur Fatale: I own and adore two earlier fragrance releases by Agent Provocateur and was recently enticed by Fatale...a collision of fruit and musk, it is simultaneously sensual and intriguing and, I daresay, absolutely perfect for the winter months.
Official details, courtesy of Saks: EXCLUSIVELY AT SAKS. An enticing, seductive and enigmatic scent with an irresistible signature personality, this fragrance exemplifies the dichotomy of the Femme Fatale. She is a beautiful, enticing seductress but with cleverly disguised evil intentions and an ultimately fatal allure. The outrageously bold and enticing top note is a striking blend of spicy pink pepper, juxtaposed with succulent mango and exotic black currant for an indescribably mysterious opening sensation that scintillates the senses. Notes of gardenia, smoky patchouli, sensual skin musk, irresistible chocolate gourmand and leathery Spanish labdanum deliver long-lasting power, depth and aphrodisiac qualities to complete the seduction. Made in USA.
|Above: Girlactik Le Creme to Poudre Foundation in Sand and Almond.|
(7) Girlactik Le Creme to Poudre Foundation: I am always thrilled to stumble upon a high-quality independent beauty brand and my discovery of Girlactik (also reviewed HERE and HERE) has been pure joy. Additionally, the brand new foundation in the line is absolutely marvelous...it renders skin flawless with undetectable medium coverage that wears for hours on end. Sand is currently a perfect match for my NC 25 skin and I could not be more impressed with the gorgeous skin-like finish and powerful longevity of this formula. Highly recommended.
|Above: Swatches of Sand and Almond in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Wearing Girlactik Le Creme to Poudre Foundation in Sand.|
|Above: Sand wore flawlessly for my 9 hour (!) shopping day yesterday...very impressed.|
|Above: Zelens Age Control Foundation in Beige, an apropos shade for NC 25 skin.|
(8) Zelens Age Control Foundation: Finally, I am wildly excited about the Zelens Age Control Foundation. I have received quite a few inquiries from readers regarding this new formula and finally was able to procure a bottle from Barney's NY. It comes in 5 shades (to be swatched and posted in the next few days) and I have determined Beige to be my most befitting match. This foundation is teeming with skincare benefits and the gluten-free/vegan formula lacks any trace of harmful chemicals. Couple the pristine ingredients list with stunning medium to full (yet very natural) coverage and insanely long wear time and this foundation may just catapult itself into my top three rotation. I am still experimenting with it and, as aforementioned, have a more detailed review in the works. In the meanwhile, I am completely comfortable admitting that I am smitten. Have you tried this yet?
|Above: Wearing the Zelens Age Control Foundation in Beige...I took this after a long work day; the formula holds up extremely well.|
|Above: Me + Jethro on my last day of teaching for the year...also wearing the Zelens Age Control Foundation in Beige (taken after a 8 hour teaching day!).|
|Above: A glimpse of our Christmas tree...so thankful my husband was able to decorate it while I was coaching at a debate tournament last weekend...he's good man.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this little beauty overview...I have so many posts in the works and will be sharing swatches of all shades of the Zelens foundation next (just waiting for some decent sunlight so the swatches are as vivid as possible!).
May the end of Hanukkah and days before Christmas be lovely for you. I am working on responding to comments and email tomorrow...this cold has all but knocked me out; my mom has a theory that perhaps it's my body forcing me to rest against my will ; )
Also, kindly don't forget to enter my RoC giveaway...the deadline for entry is Monday night!
--The Beauty Professor
** Some PR sample provided for review (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.