|Above: Six products that effectively combat winter dryness.|
I love winter...fires in the fireplace, boots galore and the chance to layer like crazy. What I don't love is the itchy, dry skin that often comes with the season. Whether you are battling the "polar vortex" of the Midwest and East, riding it out in unseasonably warm weather on the West Coast or experiencing other winter conditions in another part of the world, chances are, the cold air and forced air heating that abounds is giving your typical moisturizers a run for their money.
Fortunately, I have discovered some formidable opponents to winter dryness, six to be exact. Truly, these products have ensured that dryness will not be victorious this season!
Scroll on for six opponents of winter dryness and the Bottom Line...
|Above: Neova powerfully tackles the driest of skin.|
(1) Neova DNA Barrier Accelerator: This "moisturizer on steroids" is extremely hydrating. A single pump of the non-scented wonder transforms extra dry areas like my forehead, cheeks, tops of my hands and chest, making them balanced and nourished. What's more, the hydration lasts for hours thanks to the protective barrier created by the formula.
|Above: Ingredients for the Neova DNA Barrier Accelerator.|
|Above: SteamCream in Purpure.|
(2) SteamCream: Literally steam-sealed into gorgeous, limited-edition tin cans, this fragrant, lush formula, which boasts oatmeal and a wealth of essential oils in its ingredients list, instantly envelopes skin in a veil of moisture. The fact that it can be used on the face, body and hands further enhances its appeal and the tin cans in which SteamCream is contained are perfectly portable. I keep one in my bathroom and the other in my work bag for 24 hour moisturizing possibilities.
|Above: SteamCream ingredients.|
|Above: The richness of SteamCream is palpable.|
|Above: Holly and Purpure SteamCream...my bathroom and work bag companions.|
|Above: This toner provides moisture before moisturizer!|
(3) Kate Somerville Replenishing Toner: This is perhaps the creamiest toner I have ever encountered; its rich, emollient texture is perfect for adding extra hydration and radiance to the face prior to official moisturizing. The fact that its active ingredients also firm the face and diminish the appearance fine lines further increases its value in my winter skin routine!
|Above: More on the hydrating and anti-aging benefits.|
|Above: The Kate Somerville Replenishing Toner ingredients list.|
|Above: NUDE ProGenius Treatment Oil...my favorite facial oil to date!|
(4) NUDE Skincare ProGenius Treatment Oil: I have already discussed how much I am loving this product in a recent video (found HERE) and my feelings have not changed one iota! In fact, my adoration for this oil has continued to grow as the days get drier and colder. Tremendously light and silky, two drops prior to primer and foundation create an amazingly moisturized canvas. At night, two drops applied by themselves or under a rich cream gives my skin the chance to restore and repair. It absorbs immediately and provides a light glow. Because it is so versatile and effective, even for the most sensitive of skin, I've been recommending it like crazy ; )
|Above: The dropper applicator allows one to completely control the amount of product dispensed.|
|Above: Gressa skincare is kept in dark glass bottles to protect the integrity of the active ingredients.|
(5) Gressa Rejuvenating Mist: The completely organic Gressa line is famous for gorgeously natural products that enhance the beauty of one's skin without artificial additives or harsh chemicals. The Rejuvenating Mist is divine...pure Orange Blossom Neroli Distilate refreshes the skin throughout the day, adding a gossamer layer of moisture that's fragrantly uplifting. I adore the fresh radiance it creates, especially in the midst of a long, dry day!
|Above: World's most succinct ingredients list.|
|Above: Aveeno Nourish + Strengthen Shampoo and Conditioner give my hair an|
(6) Aveeno Nourish + Strengthen Shampoo and Conditioner: During times of extreme dryness, one simply cannot forget about their hair! My long, thick strands have been benefitting from this creamy, extra nourishing formula from Aveeno. Washing everyday can take a toll, even in the most humid of conditions and dryness just exacerbates the situation. Using this formula two to three times a week has helped to keep my hair healthy and moisturized!
|Above: Winter doesn't have to mean dry, irritated skin. It doesn't even have to mean cold weather...I took this image last week in Southern CA when were were experiencing arid, Santa Ana winds and nearly 80 degree temperatures!|
Bottom Line: I am thankful to have found these remedies for my dry winter skin and hair...a few simple additions to my normal routine ensures that the fight against dryness is won! What do YOU use to combat winter dryness? Please share!
--The Beauty Professor
**Some products mentioned are PR samples provided for review, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. This post contains affiliate links as well unaffiliated links for your convenience; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.