|Above: The Clé de Peau Beauté Limited Edition Coffret is unspeakably beautiful.|
It has been my experience that some beauty products with gorgeous packaging possess formulas that leave much to be desired. The Clé de Peau Beauté Limited Edition Coffret (currently available at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and Cledepeaubeaute.com), however, renders this opinion entirely incorrect! With three eyeshadows, two blushes, a mascara and a lipstick--all nestled in a gloriously lovely compact--this coffret is the embodiment of perfect form and function of celestial proportions.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches, images of the Coffret in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: An intricate celestial design dominates the theme of this gorgeous set.|
Here are the official details, courtesy of Neiman Marcus:
|Above: The packaging has an Art Deco vibe, no?|
The stunning compact contains:
- A complex heather purple eyeshadow a satin finish
- A sparkling neutral taupe eyeshadow
- A shimmering pinky beige eyeshadow
- A matte, baby pink blush
- A matte, peachy apricot blush
- Two eyeshadow applicators and a blush brush
|Above: Three eyeshadows, two blushes, endless possibilities.|
Like all Clé de Peau Beauté products I've tried thus far, I have found the eyeshadows (also comprehensively reviewed HERE) and blushes to be of optimum quality. The shadows are satiny smooth and pigmented; they apply in a seamless fashion, are easy to blend and wear for hours without creasing or fading.
I am so glad both blushes are soft, sophisticated, muted, matte hues. I think this fortifies their classic nature and makes them wearable in all seasons...the peachy apricot shade can be used along the cheekbones to mimic a light contour and the pink hue is excellent for a flushed effect on the apples of the cheeks. Even though they lack obvious shimmer, they still allow the skin to look radiant and healthy--absolutely no powdery finish--and they also possess significant lasting power!
|Above: Swatches of the blushes and eyeshadows in outdoor sunlight with a flash.|
|Above: Swatches of the blushes and eyeshadows in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Swatches of the blushes and eyeshadows in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The Coffret in total.|
The Coffret also includes:
- Perfect Lash Mascara (reviewed HERE): I love how long lasting this inky black formula is...once applied it doesn't smudge, flake or smear, even for those of us with watery and sensitive eyes. Oh, and it makes the lashes look incredibly lush, full and long!
- Extra Rich Lipstick (also reviewed HERE and HERE): Silky, pigmented and long lasting with a supreme sense of hydration, this is luxury lip color at its best. The classic red hue is neutral enough to be universally flattering and a single coat is all that is necessary for an opaque finish.
|Above: Black and red...iconic elements.|
|Above: Swatches of the lipstick and mascara in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The delicate sculptured effect of the lipstick is breathtaking.|
|Above: The CdPB Perfect Lash Mascara has a stawart formula that stays in place for hours on end.|
|Above: Swatches of all products in direct sunlight.|
The images below reflect the Coffret in action in various lighting situations...scroll on for a full Clé de Peau Beauté product breakdown...
Clé de Peau Beauté Products Worn:
- Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Fluid Foundation in 030...swatched and reviewed HERE
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Beige (under the eyes)
- Clé de Peau Beauté Coffret eyeshadow (all three shades layered--darkest to lightest--from lashline to brow), Perfect Lash Mascara (two coats...reviewed HERE), blushes (peach shade at contour points and pink shade on apples of the cheeks) and lipstick.
|Above: The Clé de Peau Beauté Coffret..opulence incarnate.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: If you are in the market for a truly opulent--yet entirely wearable--palette, the Clé de Peau Beauté (available at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and CledePeauBeaute.com), is a magnificent choice. The shades are well-suited to a variety of complexions and their neutral hues ensure use that extends far beyond the holiday season, thereby making it an entirely justifiable investment. This is, without question, a gorgeously apropos gift for luxury beauty lovers of all ages and walks of life.
So many good things ahead including more foundation (!!), new beauty discoveries and a FOTD!
Enjoy the start of your weekend...what are YOU up to?
--The Beauty Professor
** PR sample provided for review, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.