|Above: My recent look for the Cinecon Banquet.|
Last weekend, my family and I attended the Cinecon Film Festival in Hollywood...we've volunteered with the organization for the past 12 years and are always enchanted by the rare film screenings and commiseration with like minded classic movie buffs. Celebrating its 50th year, the event is always capped by a hotly anticipated banquet; this timeless fete is attended by film actors and film lovers alike! I opted for a clean and simple look that is not much different from my normal routine...funny how things work out ; )
Kindly scroll on for a list of the products I used to get ready as well as the Bottom Line...
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge (swatched HERE)...my non-negotiable first step.
- Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint (initially mentioned HERE) in Golden...amazing coverage, quality ingredients and the performance of a powerful foundation, rather than a typical tinted moisturizer. Full review soon!
- Surratt Surrealist Concealer in #5 under the eyes (swatched HERE and reviewed HERE)
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Killer Cheekbones Bronze and Glow (reviewed HERE)...my default contour and highlighting companion; this can do no wrong.
- Koh Gen Do Cheek Color Pink 04 (initially mentioned HERE)...so subtle yet just enough color for the apples of the cheeks. Full review soon!
- Giorgio Armani Eye and Brow Maestro in 04 Ambre blended on my upper and lower lash lines (reviewed HERE)...I can't get over how great this is as an eyeshadow. It blends like a dream and once applied, it does not budge.
- Hourglass 1.5 MM Gel Eyeliner (reviewed HERE)...my waterline liner of choice all summer; it is excellent for sensitive eyes, too.
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in 030 Prune (reviewed HERE)...along with my Surratt Relevee Mascara, this is one of my two favorite formulas to date.
- Surratt Diaphane Powder (reviewed HERE)...light as air, this mattifies, adds a subtle glow and never, EVER looks powdery or cakey.
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Julie (reviewed HERE and HERE)...this pinky peach translates as a soft coral on my lips and the NARS Audacious formula is magnificent...pigmented, hydrating and long lasting! I added a bit of shine for effect with the gloss discussed below.
- Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lipgloss in Child (reviewed HERE)...this soft nude beige gloss is cushiony and delectable...still not sure why it took me so long to procure it ; )
**Black Jumpsuit from Nordstrom...I have gotten so much use from this piece...it works for casual moments, dressy times AND, it is endlessly comfortable!
|Above: Ready to head out.|
|Above: With my date for the evening...he also happens to be my husband.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: When I do my makeup for special events, I find that it looks nearly the same as my "every day face." Perhaps that is because my affinity for a matte, yet glowing canvas, bronzed cheeks, neutral eye and peachy pink nude lip is steadfact and unchanging!
Have YOU tried any products from my list? Thoughts?
As I mentioned in my last post, if you are in the Orange County, CA area this weekend, please swing by the Seal Beach Arts and Crafts Festival and say hi...I'll be helping at my brother's booth both Saturday and Sunday! If you have trouble finding us, send me a tweet (@beauteprofessor) or an Instagram comment (@beautyprofessor) and I'll guide you to our location...got to love technology ; )
xx and have a beautiful Saturday,
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.