|Above: My new iPhone 6 with leather case (similar one here from TUMI) and Tom Ford True Coral Lipstick for embellishment.|
My goodness...this week was a blur! How about for you? My work hours were extreme and, coupled with a few blog-related meetings and extra events, seven days transpired in a flash. This post is devoted beauty bits and pieces...I hope you enjoy!
Kindly scroll on for news and updates as well as the Bottom Line...
First up, after two years with my trusty iPhone 5, I was able to upgrade to the freshly-released iPhone 6...with a larger screen, thinner body and faster interface, it's a welcome addition to my technology-saturated life! Anyone else pick up the iPhone 6 or 6+? Thoughts?
|Above: Evening essentials.|
Next, I've had three things on my nightstand this week...By Terry Baume de Rose (my lips all but demand it at bedtime), a biography on the life of Lillian Gish (I adore the silent film era) and the luxurious Omorovicza Blue Diamond Resurfacing Peel which dramatically smooths and refines the skin in five minutes; I was stunned by how effective my first application was. Magnifique!
Official details, courtesy of Neiman Marcus, as follows:
This opalescent peel is simultaneously lightening, brightening and firming. Lactobionic and lactic acids,powerful AHAs, refine complexion and encourage cell renewal. Proteolytic enzymes brighten tone andcopper gluconate purifies the skin and regulates the production of sebum to avoid shine.
Key Blue Diamond Ingredients:
To Use: Twice weekly; apply a generous amount to face and neck, massage gently for 2-3 minutes in circular motions, avoiding contact with eye and lips. Rinse thoroughly. Always apply an SPF after using a facial peel.
|Above: SK-II National Skincare Ambassador Steve Jan + BP.|
Early in the week, BP Assistant Laura and I had the distinct privilege of having coffee with SK-II National Skincare Ambassador Steve Jan. He has a delightful personality and possesses a wealth of knowledge about the SK-II line and skincare in general. He also has a personal blog and YouTube channel, so do take a peek! I will be updating on my current SK-II routine in the next few days...
Good news! The Jouer Long-Wear Creme Mousse Eyeshadows have arrived and they are utterly incredible. Super smooth, gorgeously pigmented and completely crease-free, once applied, these shadows do. not. budge. Dusk, a creamy satin taupe, has been on my eyelids nonstop! Full review with swatches of every shade in the very imminent future.
|Above: Black glasses with thick lenses for this girl who cannot see the "big E" at the Optometrist. Wearing Rozge Healing Lip Gloss in Prague and Oslo on the lips (review soon!).|
Speaking of topics concerning the eyes, due to immense amount of pollen in the air and my seasonal allergies, this past week has been one marked by excessive glasses wearing (my eyes are extremely itchy when my allergies act up). One thing is for certain, eye makeup (one shadow shade + two coats of mascara) takes all of 30 seconds on "glasses" days...every cloud has a silver lining ; )
|Above: Staples for rushed days.|
This week has been one of minimal sleep and quick exits in the morning...four invaluable staples in my routine have been:
- Byredo Gypsy Water: I am severly deficient at adequately describing fragrance (consequently, the base notes are listed below) but to me this smells soft, fresh and very clean...an unconventional skin scent that lifts my mood in a single spritz.
Top: Bergamot, lemon, pepper, juniper berries
Heart: Incense, pine needles, orris
Base: Amber, vanilla, sandalwood
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blusher in First Love (reviewed HERE): This peachy beige adds a surprising amount of flush to the cheeks while still looking entirely natural. The outer ring has a slighty satin (read: NOT shimmery!) finish and the inner circle is perfect to add a "just pinched" look the apples of the cheeks.
- Surratt Beauty Lipslique in Nude de Soleil (swatched HERE): A pale, creamy nude that hydrates like crazy and delivers just enough color to brighten up the face in a subtle and sophisticated manner.
- Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Atmosphere (discussed HERE): Iridescence at its best (with pink and gold shade-shifting), this low-maintenance shade makes the fingertips glow.
I finally placed my online order (through Neiman Marcus) for the Gucci Beauty products on my wish list (initially discussed HERE). I was shocked by how many shades were already sold out but was glad that most of what I had my eye on was still available. One quick check on the Gucci website confirmed that their stock must be more substantial as every shade of each product appeared available. I suggest ordering sooner, rather than later, if you have your heart set on anything in particular...the buzz on the quality of the products has been very favorable and I suspect that availability is going to get even more limited over the next few weeks.
Here is a rundown of my preliminary order...
(1) Gucci Face Lustrous Glow Foundation in shade #50 and #60: Color matching foundation sight-unseen is a beastly task (hence, why Beauty Professor is so swatch-intensive) but I have deduced that I must be somewhere in between these two shades. Will share images as soon as humanly possible!
(2) Audacious Lipstick in Whisper: This pigment-rich formula appears to be a lovely mauve-tinged nude and I also ordered the Luxurious Lipstick in Cipria (in stock at Gucci only as of publish date) is a peachy pink nude...what else?
(3) Magnetic Color Shadow Mono in Oxydus and Iconic Gold: I ordered both shades from Gucci (linked above) because this rich coppery brown and khaki gold (seemingly two of the most effortlessly wearable tones) were back ordered at Neiman Marcus. I am excited that they should arrive next week and will update with my Gucci ordering experience then. Currently (through 11/16), shipping and returns are free!
(4) Vibrant Demi-Glaze Lip Lacquer in Breathless: Available at Gucci and backordered at Neiman Marcus (until 10/22), this pinky nude must be mine.
|Above: Ready for a SoCal September weekend of rest (and a bit of blogging, of course!)...wearing Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation and Charlotte Tilbury B*tch Perfect lipstick in this recent iPhone 6 image.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: And so concludes this Bits + Bobs post...I would love to hear what is new with you!
Good things ahead including my review of the new Kevyn Aucoin foundation, Jouer Creme Mousse Eyeshadows and a host of new beauty discoveries.
--The Beauty Professor
**Some PR samples provided for review (the majority bought by me) however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.