|Above: Ready for the castle.|
The illustrious entity known as Spring Break graced me with her presence this past week. However, instead of lazy days at home (my absolute favorite!), I have been in the throes of travel...first to the Central Coast of California with my family and then to Dallas for the r/S Conference (full recap soon). In sum, I haven't slept in my own bed for six of the last seven days! That, however, doesn't mean that I have been neglecting my blogging duties; in fact, my days away have provided inspiration for a round of future posts. First up, a Look of the Day + Face of the Day for my visit to the opulently glorious Hearst Castle.
Kindly scroll on for images and details...
|Above: Behold...the utter majesty of Hearst Castle.|
|Above: My MOTD look in direct sunlight.|
Makeup of the Day (MOTD):
- One pump of the Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (as a moisturizer, illuminator, and primer)
- One pump of the By Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi-Serum in #4 Sunny Flash (to add a subtle golden glow)
- RMS Buriti Bronzer (as a contour and bronzer...reviewed HERE)...applied with the Real Techniques Face Brush
- Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Lip and Cheek Tint in Mystique (detailed HERE)...applied to the apples of my cheeks as blush
- Le Metier de Beaute Liberty of London Kaleidoscope on my eyelids (not currently available)
- Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown applied with the Anastasia #15 brow brush
- Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Hi-Liner in Blacquer (along my lower waterline)
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (two coats on upper and lower lashes)
- A mixture of MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Patentpink (adore this!) + Dior Fluid Stick in #389 Kiss Me (reviewed HERE) for a long lasting, lushly-hydrating, lilac-infused pink (a favorite combination as of late)
|Above: BP + brother, Seth Wegter, with an accidental filter courtesy of direct sunlight.|
|Above: My parents and Jethro...Hearst Castle is a family tradition!|
|Above: I'll take three of these vases for my patio, please.|
|Above: BP + husband.|
|Above: A final closeup of the MOTD.|
|Above: The full picture.|
And now for the look (LOTD)...
- Hudson "Krista" Super Skinny Jeans...super soft and perfectly faded, this everyday pair doesn't stretch out or lose their shape.
- Anthropologie Elementary V-Neck...this everyday basic comes in a host of colors; the relaxed fit and novel "v" shape in the back lends to its subtle sophistication.
- Equipment France Shane Leopard Print Cashmere Sweater...I love this particular sweater so much that I own it in three different colors and patterns. It's a timeless investment that gets a ton of play in my wardrobe!
- Freebird by Steven Lasso Booties (currently available HERE and HERE)...I ordered these a couple of weeks ago and can't stop wearing them. Totally comfortable (and I have very particular feet!), the quintessential shade of ivory nude and just slightly out of the ordinary, these will be a staple for months (and years!) to come. These run true to size.
- Grand Dame Backback by Seth Wegter (to debut on his site very soon)...A little larger than my original SW creation from last year, this stunning leather backpack also has a shoulder strap for chic convertibility.
|Above: Spots and stripes.|
|Above: These booties are divine.|
|Above: Backpack + purse = no need to switch out my bag. Ever.|
|Above: The convergence of patterns.|
|Above: Details...nail polish is Rimmel London Bare Naked for a clean look.|
|Above: Seth in a spring shirt from J Crew.|
|Above: We relaxed on the palazzo near the gardens for hours, soaking in the ambience of the pristine grounds and accidentally missed the last tram.|
|Above: This mishap led us to a police escort.|
|Above: We were driven down the hill by an officer, who eventually believed that we truly lost track of time rather than having nefarious intentions for the mansion. It was scary nonetheless.|
|Above: Our harrowing day was capped by a magical sunset...so dreamy.|
Bottom Line: Despite living out of my suitcase and experiencing a general lack of sleep I have thoroughly enjoyed this past week...from taking in the beauty of the sea to embracing the air travel to a new state, my Spring Break has been a blessing. I hope you enjoyed this Look of the Day post; it's my intention to infuse a few more each month ; ) I look forward to your questions and comments!
Have a beautiful Monday...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
**This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.