|Above: My Easter FOTD.|
It's been a hectic month thus far and with the days moving at light speed, it is difficult to comprehend that Easter is here! Consequently, I am excited to share a Easter weekend FOTD featuring both new and vetted products; focused on even skin, warm contour, glowing flushed cheeks, shimmering bronzed lids and subtle pink lips, this is but a new variation on my perennially favorite look.
Kindly scroll on for details, images, swatches galore and the Bottom Line...
|Above: The menagerie of products used for this particular FOTD.|
|Above: Products for the face.|
- I started by applying a single pump of the Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge (reviewed HERE) as my moisturizer, primer and illuminator and blended it into the skin with my fingers.
- I used the Kanebo Sensai Skin Focus Corrector (reviewed HERE) along my forehead and inner cheeks to blur fine lines and visible pores...I've been relying on this
- I then applied the new Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick (recently reformulated and much better than the original in my opinion...check out Wayne Goss' YT video review for compelling rhetoric on this one!) in #4 Natural (approximately NC 25) all over my face and blended it out with a dampened Beauty Blender. This foundation offers buildable medium to nearly full coverage with a very believable skin finish (full review forthcoming).
- I used an angled contour brush to sweep the bronze powder from the NP SET Bronze, Blush and Go compact to create warmth along my lower cheek bones.
- I used a flat head blush brush to stipple Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tint for Lips and Cheeks in Mystique (now on my second pot...reviewed HERE) on the apples of my cheeks for a dewy, light pink glow.
- I set everything with a very light dusting of the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores HD Finish Micro Powder (applied with the Jenny Patinkin Large Domed Powder Brush). This powder is completely invisible upon application but leaves an ultra-perfected canvas in its wake. It also keeps my skin matte for hours.
|Above: Swatches of all face products in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Products for the eyes.|
- After this long week, my eyes needed an extra dose of the Chantecaille Nano-Gold Energizing Eye Serum...this cooling formula dramatically reduces fine lines and puffiness and its portable rollerball packaging means its always in my purse.
- I buffed the Ellis Faas Light (dispensed in streamlined silver click pens) in #303 (a shimmering bronze) across my eyelids and swept a bit more under my lower lash line. I then added a bit of the Ellis Faas Light in #301 (a sparkling silvery platinum) for dimension. This particular EF formula is fantastic...it is very liquid in texture upon application but once it dries in a few seconds, it sets completely and stays radiant (nearly foil-like!) for hours.
- I used the Jenny Patinkin Kitten-Paw Multi Brush to sweep a bit of the silky Kevyn Aucoin Eyeshadow Duo #202 in Shimmering Wheat (a champagne) along my brow bones and used the tip of the brush to apply a whisper of the Shimmering Vellum (a luminous white) in the corners of my eyes for an added brightening effect.
- I used my ring finger to dab a touch of the Jouer Creme Eye Shadow in Chiffon to my upper cheek bones as a highlighter (it's a permanent fixture in my makeup bag...love how portable and effective it is!)
- I applied the Marc Jacobs Hi-Liner in Blacquer (reviewed HERE) along my lower waterline...this jet black does not budge, even on the most sensitive of eyes (like mine).
- I finished my eyes with two coats of the glorious Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (reviewed HERE) for lush black lashes with length and volume.
|Above: Swatches of all eye products in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A closeup of the complete eye look.|
|Above: Subtle shimmering bronze + lush, dark lashes.|
|Above: Products for the lips etc.|
Lips + Extras:
- I first used my pinkie to apply some By Terry Baume de Rose (my current lip balm of choice). This semi-glossy formula is nourishing and wears so well under lip products. Oh, and it is also a part of my bedtime routine...a luxe splurge that I know I will use up completely!
- I then applied the Dior Addict Fluid Stick in #389 Kiss Me, a gorgeous, creamy, cool-toned light pink (available at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales and Macy's). I have been stalking this shade for the last week and every counter that sold this new formula was sold out of this particular color; apparently it is already a best seller from the line (likely because all the other shade offerings are bright fuchsias, reds and corals that somehow all look very similar to one another). I was finally able to find Kiss Me yesterday and am happy to report that my persistence was not in vain...it is a hydrating (much more so than the YSL Glossy Stains), delightfully opaque, long wearing formula (the watery texture dries down to a semi-glossy finish) and this pink is utterly incredible. Highly recommended if you can track down!
- For my nails, I embraced an undying favorite...Marc Jacobs Beauty Fluorescent Beige (reviewed HERE)...a creamy pinky nude with pink micro-shimmer. This shade never disappoints!
- My fragrance of the weekend is Giorgio Armani Prive Figuier Eden...it's fresh, sweet, figgy and long wearing...a unique springtime scent that intoxicates the senses. Questions about the Armani Prive line? Contact Angel at the Neiman Marcus Fashion Island Armani Fragrance Counter (949) 759-1900.
|Above: Dior Addict Fluid Stick is a hydrating, ultra-pigmented lip formula...less sticky than traditional gloss and extremely long lasting. #389 Kiss Me is a cool, light pink with no shimmer...just stunning!|
|Above: Swatches of the By Terry Baume de Rose and Dior Addict Fluid Stick in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Kiss Me is the perfect light pink...so glad I finally located it!|
|Above: I am majorly excited about the Dior Addict Fluid Stick Formula...Kiss Me is a gem.|
|Above: Marc Jacobs Beauty nail polish in Fluorescent Beige is a unique nude...sophisticated and chic with the slightest pink leaning, it is entirely wearable.|
|Above: I am loving the Armani Prive scents...so opulent, complex and unique and Figuier Eden is no exception. I'll be experimenting with Pierre de Lune next week : )|
Below: Images of all products collectively working on my face in various lighting situations...
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this classic, clean and simple look and wish you a marvelous + blessed remainder of your Easter weekend! What products did YOU use this weekend?
I welcome your questions and comments...so many good things ahead on Beauty Professor : )
--The Beauty Professor
**Some PR samples provided for review (most products mentioned bought by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.