Kindly scroll on for more details, images and links to reviews as well as the Bottom Line...
|Running with Jasper and Jethro (metaphorically, that is) to the sales that abound online this weekend.|
// The SALES //
The holiday weekend is rife with sales on clothes that you can wear immediately...here are some of the deals in which I will be indulging this weekend:
- Shopbop (up to 70% off): I am loving this Willow Maxi Dress (in an array of colors), these Rag & Bone Harrow Booties (modern classics in a great warm weather shade) and these J Brand Cutoffs (not too long, not too short).
- Equipment France (30-40% off): I have my eye on the Slim Signature Silk Shirt in Rose (this muted blush tone is stunning), the Mina Silk Dress (in a snake print that, as far as I am concerned, is a new neutral) and the Elcie Cotton Blouse (which I will wear with jeans and also with a bikini).
- Nordstrom: I'm getting super excited for the upcoming Anniversary Sale, which begins with Early Access for cardholders on 7/14/16. I will for sure be picking up the FRAME Jeans (on page 4 of the digital catalog) and the Stewart Weitzman booties (on page 86). For sales exisitingi immediately,, I recommend this Rails blouse, Equipment dress and Frame Le Classic Silk Shirt.
- Neiman Marcus (up to 55% off already reduced merchandise): Some steals include these Gucci sunglasses, FRAME Tee and Helmut Lang sweatpants that collectively create a relaxed yet chic summertime outfit.
- Free People (30-50% off): This embroidered mini dress, tetons cutoffs (for a fresh, longer silhouette), ribbed top and Berlin heels are perfect summer staples.
- Beauty Bits: I'll also be picking up a couple of new Marc Jacobs Beauty Air Blushes and the Tom Ford Orchid Soleil...also, if you haven't yet taken a peek, I implore you to consider procuring the recently-released Wayne Goss Air-Brush (reviewed HERE). At $35, it is luxuriously affordable and its buffing capabilities are insane...I am truly enjoying how well this seamlessly blends bronzer and highlighter. It's simply exquisite.
|Leaving our hotel in San Simeon to meet the guys at their campsite. **Makeup details below.|
// The ROADTRIP //
**Makeup details in the above image as follows: Surratt Beauty Surreal Skin Foundation #9 (reviewed HERE), By Terry Sun Designer Palette in #02 (reviewed HERE), Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (reviewed HERE) applied with the Wayne Goss Air-Brush (reviewed HERE), Gucci Magnetic eye Duo in Primrose (reviewed HERE) and Sisley Phyto Lip Twist in #10 Sugar (a perfectly opaque, shiny cool baby pink that is always in my purse). This combination lasted for 10+ hours and effortlessly took me (and my mom!) through the trip.
This past week, my mom and I took the pups up the coast of CA to meet my husband, dad and brother at their campsite near Big Sur where they had been kayak fishing for a few days prior.
We had such a fun round of family time, disconnecting from technology (no cell signal or WiFi for miles on end) and enjoying the bounty of nature, nestled on the Pacific Ocean. Here are a few snapshots from the trip...
|At Limekiln beach...unspoiled nature at its best.|
|Our tent...that's my new golden sleeping bag on the right...super warm yet light.|
|On a rock with Jethro as the tide began to rise...my brother captured this moment!|
// The FOUNDATIONS //
Finally, for my most recent article for the Neiman Marcus blog (which can be read in its entirety HERE), I highlighted 10 foundation formulas that hold up incredibly well in summertime weather. They are:
- Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute Afterglow Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Radiant Cushion Stick (review forthcoming)
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Glow Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer + Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Sisley-Paris Tinted Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 (reviewed HERE)
- La Mer The Reparative Skintint SPF 30 (reviewed HERE)
- Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion SPF 50+ (reviewed HERE)
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this triad of focuses...sometimes diversifying is the best way to communicate what's on one's mind ; )
In summary, I have 3 questions for you:
(1) Which weekend sales are catching your eye?
(2) What trips have you or will you be taking this summer?
(3) Are you wearing foundation this summer? If so, which formula are you currently loving?
Good things ahead, including a preview of the coveted Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips, the Marc Jacobs Airblush and a host of new product procurements...cannot wait to share.
Have a beautiful weekend...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.