Greetings from London! I am honored to have been included in a string of Burberry Beauty events during London Fashion Week (more on this forthcoming) and am having a ball exploring a city that is rife with history, incredible architecture and brilliant style. After a full day with Burberry, we now still have two more days to pack in as much sightseeing as humanly possible!
In the meanwhile, I wanted to share the beauty look I've been embracing while abroad...pared down, long lasting and oh so easy to create (in less than 7 minutes I might add), it utilizes some favorite beauty products as well as a couple new key discoveries; I also include a glimpse at key style elements I'm wearing as we run all over town.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as a nod to style and the Bottom Line...
|Ingredients for the look.|
- *Surratt Beauty Surreal Real Skin Foundation #6 (reviewed HERE): This foundation goes on like a dream, lasts for 10+ hours and looks like really good skin...I'm still impressed nearly a year after its launch. #6 is a great match for my winter skin as it is more neutral than pink (as the shade description might imply).
- La Mer Concealer in Medium (reviewed HERE): An excellent asset for brightening the under eye region, it performs without creasing.
- Sisley-Paris Phyto-Poudre Loose Powder Compact in #4 Sable: I am IN LOVE with this loose powder; it applies like velvet, sets my makeup and is the perfect warm light beige for olive skin. Oh, and it has a mirror and is completely purse friendly...beyond brilliant.
- By Terry Sun Designer Palette #2 (reviewed HERE) applied with the *Surratt Beauty Artistique Highlighter Brush (reviewed HERE): My go-tos for a quick contour, bronzing an blushing session; I never want to be without either!
- *Girlactik Face Veil in See Through (reviewed HERE): This highlighter still ranks amongst my favorites as the warm pearl tone has immense radiance while still looking complete natural on the skin.
- *Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Prismatic Amethyst: I am in awe of the beauty of this new launch from Becca...when applied with a light hand, it imparts a cool pink glow that works--in my experience--very well to brighten up the apples of the cheeks. It's such a unique product!
- Tom Ford Cream Eyeshadow Duo in Golden Peach (reviewed HERE): Forever a favorite, this creamy shadow is all I reach for when I need a quick and pretty eye that lasts the day.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Taupe (reviewed HERE): I just purchased a fresh tube of this gem...nothing--and I mean nothing--tames, grooms, fills in and polishes my brows as effectively.
- Sisley-Paris So Intense Mascara (mentioned HERE): A newer find for me, the close-cropped comb wand and nourishing formula create marvelous volume and length that stays in place all day.
- YSL Top Secrets Lip Perfector (reviewed HERE): A beautiful balm that instantly hydrates while making lips glow.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Moisture Matte Lip Color in Bijox (reviewed HERE): I adore this creamy matte mauve tone...it makes lips look full and lush.
- *Le Metier de Beauté Lip Creme in Breathe (reviewed HERE): I used a light layer of this pearly pink gloss, which adds rosy opacity and an inimitable reflective quality.
- *Burberry My Burberry Black Rollerball (reviewed HERE): So apropos for my current travels, I find this particular scent--rife with warm musk and fruit notes--absolutely intoxicating and the reviews I've read on this juice seem to wholly concur!
|A swatch of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Prismatic Amethyst.|
The following images reflect all products in action in indoor window lighting...
|Capturing Buckingham Palace.|
As we traverse the breathtaking city of London, you can basically be guaranteed to find me in the pose above...there is simply too much to capture so my phone is essentially glued to my hand!
|With my travel partner and photographer for this excursion (Big Ben in the background)...my husband!|
|At a building adjacent to Westminster Abbey.|
// STYLE // During this entire week in town, I am opting for a casual yet polished uniform of denim, silk, booties and a classic coat.
- Equipment Slim Signature Blouse in Amethyst Fog (also available at Nordstrom)...a staple for me--every Equipment blouse I buy is worth it on every level since they receive so much wear.
- Frame Denim Step Hem High Waist Skinny Jeans...a unique take on the traditional skinny jean, these look fab with booties.
- Vince Reversible Wool Cashmere Coat (also available at Shopbop and mentioned HERE)...now on MAJOR sale at $243, this lightweight, super soft coat has classic lines and a timeless appeal that will carry me through the spring months with ease.
- Gucci Liza Booties...I've worn these consistently for a year and am seriously considering a backup; they work well with jeans and dresses alike and are ever so comfortable. A worthy splurge, indeed.
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this FOTD on location and would love to hear which products caught your eye! What are your must-haves when traveling? Do tell!
Good things ahead, including the second installment of my London travel diary (including some major newness from Burberry Beauty...in the meanwhile, keep abreast on my Instagram where I am posting multiple times a day!), an up close look at the latest from Sisley-Paris and a fresh video (that I am currently in the midst of editing).
I hope your week is going well thus far...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-17 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.